Looking forward to it!! Happy New Year to you as well!

LunaNoir:
I wish everyone lots of fun with the Thai Watch Challenge 2024. ^.^

Also to everyone a happy new year 2024 full of health, joy and laughter.

Thanks for your work! A Happy 2024 to  you too!  <3

LunaNoir:
I wish everyone lots of fun with the Thai Watch Challenge 2024. ^.^

I'd like to ask for help in using the challenge to find a broader range of Thai drama with English subs (what I've seen is skewed very heavily towards GMMTV and BL because those are easy to find with subs). Is this an ok place to ask? 

Thank you for making the Challenge and Happy Hogmanay fae Scotland.

I've just completed my last Lakorn of the year with Analog. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank y'all for taking part in this year's challenge. I'd also like to thank you'll  for your contribution to the TWC 2024. 

Elisheva:

I'd like to ask for help in using the challenge to find a broader range of Thai drama with English subs (what I've seen is skewed very heavily towards GMMTV and BL because those are easy to find with subs). Is this an ok place to ask? 

Absolutely, we love to help out each other. If you look for english subs for a specific drama, just ask here, someone might know where to find them if subs are available. 

In general I can recommend checking the dramas page on MDL and the comment section. Often users ask where you can watch the drama with english subs in the comments. 

@everyone Thank you for doing this challenge with us and contributing to it! :D 

I currently think about a Hall of Fame for the Thai Watch Challenge 2024 and badges that you get if you successfully complete the challenge. Would that be something you want to see for the next challenge? 

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. 

LunaNoir:
Absolutely, we love to help out each other. If you look for english subs for a specific drama, just ask here, someone might know where to find them if subs are available.

Thank you. I'm more at the level of trying to figure out which dramas to go looking for subs for :) Asking for help from others here seems a good way of both making new friends and watching a wider variety of dramas.

Looking forward to this.

Sadly, This time I wasn't able to reach the finish line, still it was fun. Thanks Everyone. And Looking forward to Next Challenge.

Happy New Year, Everyone!!! 

- Gummy Marshmallow

Elisheva:

Official Platforms:

Netflix - Each country seems to vary in which Thai titles they have on their Netflix catalog - but indeed there are some.

WeTV/Tencent - For instance, the Thai remake of Put Your Head on My Shoulder is available on that platform with Eng Subs

A few of the Thai broadcast channels do have select titles available with Eng Sub on their on YouTube Channels. It's hard to predict which ones and how long the subs will take, but I've been surprised by some of the ones I've found. 

Fansubbing:

There's a few fansubbers who have websites and/or discords where they share subs. To note though: there is a distinct preference for lakorns among them. AlwaysGrumpyCat, NekoMeowMeow, Oh Sweet Haven, CatAttack, and a few others. I do know that you should avoid Lakorn Pixie as far as "fansubbing" sites go.

Other than that, consult the comment sections or ask here. Thai titles are not as popularly translated as most of the other MDL countries, but there is a growing population of fans, and thus subbers/translators.

AthenaTheStorierX:
Fansubbing:

lakorngalaxy   as an index; they will link to the subber, or to the official channel. 

Also THAIPBS.

Well, it's been a pleasure on some and a chore on others, but I mostly finished all I chose. Didn't start some, so will look at using those another year.  Thank you to LunaNoir especially for heading this up and all the others who worked on this.  I appreciate your time and efforts! Looking forward to the 2024 TWC!

Challenge 2: Genres

(5/5)  5 of 5 completed

Comedy: You Are My Make Up Artist (2022)  1/20/2023 (8)

Drama: Hak Lai, My Lady (2023)  7/17/2023 (8.5)

Mystery: Nai Keun Nao Sang Dao Yung Oun (2018) 9/15/2023 (7.5)

Romance: Astrophile (2022)  7/20/2023 (6.5)

Supernatural: Let's Fight Ghost(2021) 9/10/2023 (9)

Challenge 3: Tags

C (4/4) guilty pleasures   3 of 4 complete

Watch a drama/movie with Slap/Kiss: Innocent Lies (2022)   7/11/2023 (7.5)

Watch a drama/movie with Revenge: IRRESISTIBLE 2021 (will have to watch another TWC year)

Watch a drama/movie with Love/Hate relationship: Bad Romeo (2022) (8) 7/31/2023

Watch a drama/movie with Evil Stepmother: Plerng Naree (2016) 8/7/2023 (7)

Challenge 5: Thai Remakes

A (3/3) (Thai Remakes of Older Thai Adaptions)  3 of 3 complete
list with titles

Remake 1: Behind the Revenge (2023)  7/9/2023 (7)

Remake 2:  Somewhere Our Love Begins (2021) 7/8/2023 (7.5)

Remake 3: Buang Hong (2017)  8/11/2023 (6.5)

B (3/3) (Thai Remakes of Non-Thai Adaptions)  2 of 3 complete
list with titles

Thai remake of Korean Drama/Movie: My Love From Another Star (2019) 8/31/2023 (9)

Thai remake of Chinese Drama/Movie: Boss & Me (2021)  7/7/2023 (7.5)

Thai remake of Taiwanese Drama/Movie: Deja Vu (2020) (started but had to delay, will watch another time)

Challenge 9: Release Date

A (5/5)   5 of 5 complete 

Watch a drama that aired before 2000:  Fai Luang (1998)   7/25/2023 (7.5)

Watch a drama that aired between 2000-2005: Ruk Kerd Nai Tarad Sod (2001) 11/08/2023 (6.5)

Watch a drama that aired between 2006-2010: Oum Ruk (2006)  10/27/2023 (8)

Watch a drama that aired between 2011-2015  Tard Rak (2011) 12/31/2023 (7)

Watch a drama that aired between 2016-2020 Game Sanaeha (2018) 12/22/2023 (7.5)

Elisheva:

Thank you. I'm more at the level of trying to figure out which dramas to go looking for subs for :) Asking for help from others here seems a good way of both making new friends and watching a wider variety of dramas.

Looking forward to this.

You can check out our Thai Drama Club if you haven't already and take a look at our club members favorites. Maybe you will find inspirations which dramas interest you. :) 

@everyone Thai Watch Challenge 2024 will be up soon. I'm on it! :)

@everyone 

The Thai Watch Challenge 2024 is now officially open! 

Our Club members all time favorite dramas list could need an update. So if you have any new favorites, please share them with us. :)

For Challenge 3E, was that supposed to be out of 5 (the total amt of prompts, like the other parts of 3), or are we just supposed to pick 4?