Hi Steph,

It has been a while since I have rewatched it. Would you mind replying with the episode number and roughly how far in? Thanks

Hi Newbiefan,

It´s Episode 5 I guess. The scene in the horse stable.

I remember now. It was the first time she crossed into Lee Gon's universe. Lee Gon himself told Jo Young that she knew how to handle guns so it was okay for him to lend it to her.

I wonder what my reaction would be if I were to find out something that was only science fiction to me suddenly became  real. Was I being fooled? If I knew how to use them I'd probably hold a gun up as well JIC.

Tae Eul said a few times that to her the earth was flat, so she has gone from a flat earth to a slightly more round one and is having some trouble adjusting. She might have used (or the scriptwriters through her) the gun to gauge reactions, I think it was Jo Young's reaction that convinced her that Lee Gon really was a king and she wasn't in some weird dream, it was real. Gun's (in dramas at least) tend to encourage a more honest response.

This is all going from memory as it has been a while. Someone else might want to add something or point out something I missed.

In episode 14, what is going on after the part where the future Lee gon meets Court lady Noh? Is it the future Lee Gon or the current Lee Gon? And when Tae-eul plants, she gets a call and it's the recording of what Lee Gon said in the phone call. I'm very confused. Was it future Lee gon or current Lee gon after the scene where he talked to Court lady Noh?

Sorry if this is confusing.

For the sake of clarity/ease of understanding I am going to separate Lee Gon into two people the Young One and Lee Min Ho (LMH). The drama starts with a young LMH being betrayed by his uncle. He grows up and discovers the secret of the flute, goes through the inter-dimensional gate and ends up in Tae Eul's universe. They meet and discover the workings of the bad guy and in the process of trying to sort it out and stop/rectify things they fall in love. A whole bunch of things happen, then the not Tae Eul (Luna) from LMH's universe is sent across. She manages to poison LMH sending him to a clinic where he hears the flute play.

Now remember the black jacket with the hood Tae Eul gave LMH? He sees it and it sparks a memory in him. He works out that he was the one that saved himself from his uncle (the bad guy). When LMH wakes up in the clinic after hearing the flute he realises that the time has come to go back in time and save himself. NOTE: only when the flute is whole can it operate in space and time. When it is cut in half it can only travel across the dimensions.

So LMH and bad dude go through their respective gates (different b/c they have different halves). When they meet in the middle, though they cannot see each other, being on their half's path, they know the other is there. Because they are both there the flute is whole (it is in the same place & time) so they race to the other gate and take themselves back to the night of the treason.

LMH saves the Young One from dying, recognises his cousin/uncle (sorry, forgot their exact relationship), shoots him in the knee/leg and races back to the gate thinking he can get back to Tae Eul. It is only then does LMH realize he needs both halves of the flute to go through time. He reckons it will take 4 months inside the inter-dimensional world to get to the time/date he left Tae Eul. He makes the odd trip out of the gates to keep up with time (gotta know when he is or he'll miss it). I guess he figures he can also stop his Tae Eul universe self from being murdered so he calls the cops and tells them about it, unfortunately too late.

So every now and then he goes out to check on the date and leaves messages for Tae Eul to tell her he is making his way to her, via the slow route. He meets her asa kid after her mother's death, leaves a message for her at the phone booth and so on.

Every time you see LMH in the black jacket with the hood (in Ep 14) it is the current Lee Gon. You only ever see the current Lee Gon whether it be in present day or when he goes back in time to fix things. You will never see him otherwise. The only exception to this is when, after he has fixed things (ish) Tae Eul meets the guy that looks like LMH (in her universe) as bad guy wasn't able to murder him when he was a kid.

That was a long winded way to explain that his current self met Court Lady Noh in the past on the night of the treason. Have you finished the series yet? I don't want to explain more in case of spoilers if you haven't.

Hope that makes sense.

1. If we go per logic present Lee Gon went and saved younger one. So my question  is how come younger one is alive in the first place and survived  before present one came to him. They would have shown how LG was saved in the first place and how he grew bigger and went back to the past to stop everything from happening. The first scene of first episode is showing the younger one was saved just by the present one, how come the present one came because he was killed in the past as nobody are there to save him. Can someone please explain this. I love this drama but i am stuck at this logic

Have you ever watched the British TV show Dr Who? To badly quote it: "spacy, timey, wimey, stuff". The Pandorica Opens is probably not the best episode to start with (should you be just starting) as it is rather complex but it has a similar scenario.

Basically, suspend your logic for that bit, call it fate/destiny or whatever and then be logical with the rest.

newbiefan:

Have you ever watched the British TV show Dr Who? To badly quote it: "spacy, timey, wimey, stuff". The Pandorica Opens is probably not the best episode to start with (should you be just starting) as it is rather complex but it has a similar scenario.

Basically, suspend your logic for that bit, call it fate/destiny or whatever and then be logical with the rest.

Yep i watched the whole drama switching off that logic and loved it. But still i hoped i may find answer in this page. Anyways thank you

I think it's super weird how lady detective fell in love with the king because he left? Did she like him and treat him like garbage on purpose or what?? I'm confused how it changed. ( after they are in love it's super sweet tho)

Shruthi:
  1. If we go per logic present Lee Gon went and saved younger one. So my question  is how come younger one is alive in the first place and survived  before present one came to him. They would have shown how LG was saved in the first place and how he grew bigger and went back to the past to stop everything from happening. The first scene of first episode is showing the younger one was saved just by the present one, how come the present one came because he was killed in the past as nobody are there to save him. Can someone please explain this. I love this drama but i am stuck at this logic

I think this is called the infinite loop of destiny (I just made that up) because he would have to live in order to save himself... so either someone else saved him in the original moment and he is replacing that person because that person could not be there or something. Or an angel gave him a chance to save himself....