Theories for why Lee Gon, Tae-eul and Jo Yeong did not lose their memories:

1. Yoyo boy said, "The door will close and only memories remain". As Wintergardener suggested, Yoyo boy let them keep their memories.

2. The three of them did not restart from 1994.  They came from 2020, so they already have memories of what happened up to that point. LG and JY went back to 1994 then back to 2020. Tae-eul just stayed in the gate until April 25, 2020

3. Lee Gon has the whole Manpasikjeok, so he can travel to any space and time without losing his memory

anxrita:

Probably you all haven't seen it yet, so i'll mark the spoiler haha

That final was incredible, i am satisfied for real (my heart is warm haha). I just have two doubts: 

1. I didn't understand how the story ended for Shin-Jae and his doppelganger :/ 
  2. So only Tae-Eul, Lee Gon and Jo Young could remember the past? Why?

I'll miss discussing all theses things with you all :)

1) Since lee lim was killed, our shin jae (Kang hyeon min) did not get transported to ROK at all.. instead when his mom was trying to kill themselves, prince buyeong spotted them and helped them to lead a better life. And he became a police officer in KOC itself. Luna too.

The original Kang shin jae of ROK was actually saved by lee gon from the accident which rendered him in coma... The scene where he throws the ball at young shin jae and moment later a car accident occurs behind him. So later he grew up and became a CEO. (This you can see when lee gon comes back after meeting eun seop).

2) This might be because only these three went through last time travel or maybe the yoyo boy let them remember it.

@Ramya

But how come the chain / necklace that lee gon have to tae eul never vanished?? 

Maybe because Tae-eul had it with her when she went to the gate.  So it didn't get reset with the other objects.

Questions:

1. Didn't Lee Lim kill Lee Ji-hun's dad?  When 1994 got reset, why did Lee Ji-hun's dad still get killed?

2. What were the leaves in Lee Gon's and Tae-eul's suitcases in the gate for?  Were those for in case they got transported to the Garden of Eden? :)

pcharlotte787:

@Ramya

But how come the chain / necklace that lee gon have to tae eul never vanished?? 

Maybe because Tae-eul had it with her when she went to the gate.  So it didn't get reset with the other objects.

Oh..well... This makes sense!

pcharlotte787:

Questions:

1. Didn't Lee Lim kill Lee Ji-hun's dad?  When 1994 got reset, why did Lee Ji-hun's dad still get killed?

2. What were the leaves in Lee Gon's and Tae-eul's suitcases in the gate for?  Were those for in case they got transported to the Garden of Eden? :)

1) I think he was anyway destined to die. Also it seemed like he died in a car accident in episode 1... Well I don't remember exactly

2) Absolutely yes!!! Hahaaa

@Ramya

I think he was anyway destined to die. Also it seemed like he died in a car accident in episode 1... Well I don't remember exactly

I thought Lee Lim caused that car accident.  But I guess, yeah, he must have been destined to die at that time.

In episode 1 was there not another shooter with Lee Gon?

I'm confused as to how the 2022 scene from Jo Yeong laptop comes into play with the ending? I dont think the drama addressed it?

Why is it that this time, instead of young Lee Gon splitting the flute in half, one of Lee Lim's guards came forward to execute young Lee Gon? That's why the flute didn't get cut in half.

I am rewatching episode 1's treason scene and comparing it with episode 16's, and I can't see how or why that changed so drastically. It's very important to explain this because that's the catalyst for everything being different in the finale.

how does this whole time travel work? like if future lee gon goes back in time to save his younger self that means that he previously died(?) which means that he wouldnt have been able to grow up into the future lee gon. also whats the meaning of the photos and other things in that space where time slows?

I really didn't like the ending. I mean are they going to be jumping from time to time their whole like, he is a king, he need a heir, and stability. I don't like it.

also that flower which started to grow right before taeul shot lee lim what was the purpose of that?

vanesnatalia:

also that flower which started to grow right before taeul shot lee lim what was the purpose of that?

It was at that moment that air, wind, rain etc. appeared in the passageway, which is why the flowers began to grow. It was also a sign of balance being restored that's why Tae Eul shot Lee Rim.

@Wintergardener
In episode 1 was there not another shooter with Lee Gon?

It was only Lee Gon in episode 1.