WandereR:

Wow, I didn't know about General Order.  Thank you so much for sharing this info, I've added to my PTW list - comes out in 2021, that's quite far away :O

You seem to know quite a lot about Cheng Yi's projects :)

Any other recommendations to look out for?

Eclipse02  21 minutes ago  

Meng Xing Chang An (2021)

Woaaaaaaa behind the scene of the drama production... it is soooo freakingly amazinggggg!!!!!
https://youtu.be/deI_GtQ-P0E
And the wrapping vids of the drama
https://youtu.be/hGZfSacC8oY
OMGGG i can't waaaaaaaittttt :D

eliteles1:

Woaaaaaaa behind the scene of the drama production... it is soooo freakingly amazinggggg!!!!!

LOL sorry for my super duper excitement post in that thread LOL 

WandereR:

Thanks for adding to the list :)

I'm looking forward to this as well, hope it comes early next year and with a positive outcome for CY!

Welcome !
I'm also looking forward to it. This is a great production (Dream of Chang An). Even Love and Redemption didn't have that pomp (I remember a BTS that he showed the big air conditioners in Dream of Chang An studio), while Love and Redemption (which is wonderful), was in a more rustic studio. P.S: Mango Tv who was smart, bought Dream of Chang An rights soon.

Eclipse02:

Well i only know it from this website listing those drama under Cheng Yi thread (actor thread). Both drama actually there is no real confirmation though. But i am really hoping that he can participate in the drama. 

His upcoming drama that already finish filming and still in production is Deep Lurk. But we don't have much information about his character profiling in the drama, and the trailer is not helping/unsufficient, but i also looking forward to it. But Mengxin Chang'an is the MOST anticipated drama that i really really looking forward to see. I share the link of behind the scenes of the drama production in drama thread that released  today. It is SOOO AMAAAZINGGGGGG... i can't waittt... :D

Really?  Ok, I'll hop on by that thread :D

I'm truly looking forward to that, it's going to be EPIC, I can feel it!

Deep Lurk I've heard about it, apparently it's set in the Republican era, which isn't really my cup of tea. But just to see CY in action, I'll give that a watch once it comes out. I see it has a familiar cast again, except for the FL (Ying Er) whom I last saw in Sword of Legends.  She's in Imperial Age as well.  But what I would really love to see is Yuan Bing Yan to be paired up with him again lol

eliteles1:

Nice vids!  I just went there and dropped a few comments to you guys :)

Btw, I just saw the trailer (didn't even know it's already out) and it looks freaking amazing!  One thing though, I need to detox from L&R first.  Seeing Si Feng with Ling Long getting lovey dovey.... I'll need to re-set my mind first lol

eliteles1:

Welcome !
I'm also looking forward to it. This is a great production (Dream of Chang An). Even Love and Redemption didn't have that pomp (I remember a BTS that he showed the big air conditioners in Dream of Chang An studio), while Love and Redemption (which is wonderful), was in a more rustic studio. P.S: Mango Tv who was smart, bought Dream of Chang An rights soon.

And I notice that Li Yan hair is so much shinnier and smoother than Si Feng ......

A certain network shows their confirmation of airing a certain drama this early (while it is still filming albeit in final run) is very surprising indeed. I think this drama has high potential

eliteles1:

Welcome !

Exciting!!  On to better dramas for Chengyi, hopefully lol.  Is the lead actress good?  I only saw her in intense love and thought she was mediocre.

WandereR:

Yes, I really really enjoyed that scene.

For too long we've seen MY behaving all high and mighty, winning arguments with her own sense of logic and forcing her moral standards on others... now we have Yu Ying telling her the cold hard truth like a big wake up slap across her face.

So satisfying... xD

Each time Su Yuying talks, she sneers. No wonder Xiao Chengxu can't stand her; he can't even bear to look at her in the eyes. She keeps saying she has saved him, but in fact, it's Kelan whom she has indirectly murdered. And yes, it's Huang Yi's acting that is so convincing that the viewers can feel the toxic air watching her. The whole cast is amazing except perhaps for Yang Chao Yue's acting (Dong Ruoxuan). I'm not sure it's the acting or it's how the role is supposed to be played, but she's very similar to how she has acted in Dance of the Phoenix - not very impressive. She always has a blank look on the face and very stiff. Having said that, her crying scenes after losing her child are very impressive.

I totally forgot, there's another powerful drama showing next month, I hope, with similar plot (how many of such tragedies do we really need, I wonder...). Legend of Xiao Chuo. And this time, it stars Tang Yan who is a really really good actress. 

See you guys there! XD

WandereR:

Haha! Are you still watching Legend of 2 Sisters?  I put that on hold for now.

Too many historicals that I'm watching but they're lighthearted and without the angst.

I'm currently watching about 7 dramas concurrently, not too many (XD), may add a couple more to the list as I see some new releases this week.

Yes, I'm still following Legend of 2 Sisters. It's not too bad (hardly find any real good ones like The Promise of Chang'an albeit very painful to watch) as the protagonists always win in the end, at least so far. 

ChineseDramaFan:

I'm currently watching about 7 dramas concurrently, not too many (XD), may add a couple more to the list as I see some new releases this week.

Yes, I'm still following Legend of 2 Sisters. It's not too bad (hardly find any real good ones like The Promise of Chang'an albeit very painful to watch) as the protagonists always win in the end, at least so far. 

I really like Aarif and Zoey but I can't concentrate on too many, else my focus would really suffer. Concentrating on Love is Sweet and The Moon Brightens, both of which end next week. Then start on Ruyi Pavi and Overlord, before Xiao Chuo begins next month. 

Craziness :O

WandereR:

Indeed, craziness continues .... hehehe!

Have you finished The Promise of Chang'an? The last time I thought you had some catching up to do, or you've been burning mid-night oil? XD

ChineseDramaFan:

Indeed, craziness continues .... hehehe!

Have you finished The Promise of Chang'an? The last time I thought you had some catching up to do, or you've been burning mid-night oil? XD

I "put on hold" from ep 29 but i watched certain scenes onwards until ep 50 which I watched fully. My health doesn't permit me to continue in full, the story just pisses me off too much, plus I'm not invested in anyone but Cheng Yi.  Anyway, this chapter has closed for me since I didn't like how this story ended.  Will move on from this tragedy.  But I've really enjoyed this discussion thread though, made some new friends too :)

WandereR:

I really like Aarif and Zoey but I can't concentrate on too many, else my focus would really suffer. Concentrating on Love is Sweet and The Moon Brightens, both of which end next week. Then start on Ruyi Pavi and Overlord, before Xiao Chuo begins next month. 

Is The Moon Brightens a good drama? I was kind of tempted to watch it, but I haven't started yet.

eliteles1:

Is The Moon Brightens a good drama? I was kind of tempted to watch it, but I haven't started yet. 

The Moon Brightens For You is pretty cute. I've liked it so far.