Hi C

I’m almost wrapping up for the day. It’s been raining here as well. 

Are you talking about the FL in Ruyi the part where she asked about the scar on her forehead? I cannot understand why ML divorce her unless her life is in danger by marrying him. I thought that they can have few wives? Maybe only in drama in olden times divorces are common . I think it’s quite adorable how he reacts to her but put a cold front when speaking to her. He’s been on the frontier so he doesn’t know to interact with girls much.  He’s already showing signs of jealousy when she spoke to the Yan boy ( the mommy’s boy, he is so wrong for a person of her character). The long lost friend is also handsome and accommodating. 

I really like the sister and her suitor. There’s this horrible spoiled princess than reminded me of the Song girl.

LIS- exactly what I thought. How can he just waste his life when she’s living with the same guy for 2 years? There’s going to be closure soon. Saw the trailer. 

Thanks for the link. Will check it out on Viki.

Not a big fan of mutton least of all mutton curry puff.

I’ve checked out the menu. $18 for Ngoh Hiang? That’s crazy. It’s not  difficult to make. Kuay pie tee a bit troublesome to make but I won’t pay $18 for that. When I last went back my aunty made for me. I’ve got pie tee mould but time consuming to fry. 

Hi M,

I was falling asleep in office yesterday, have to analysis a few reports today. 

Yeps, after the master painted the flower to cover her scar - the ML said she "not ugly" :) I am not too sure what the master has to play in this besides being in the secret organization and how the FL became her student - may have something to do with that. Anyway, there was a a part the master told the ML uncle to just play along with it when he got into trouble - this may be part of the plot. It has something to do with all the Emperor's wives I think. She still acts like a small child, that's why the ML treats her like this I think. The long lost friend, you mean the emperor's brother?

The horrible spoiled princess is even worse than the song princess. Her background is a bit like CY in TSP, they are adopted by the emperor because their father did well.

LIS - I am up to date to 34. ep. 33 horrible when the SFL part came. Really redundant and irritating. Not sure what it does for the show. Ep. 34, the SML is really like a pervert, quite scary. I don't really like these few episodes.

Someone watched the new show by Bai Lu said it is funny but the ML just not handsome enough... LOL

The mutton taste is actually not too strong as it has many other fillings as well. The chili is the key. :)

Well she is a celebrity chef here. Not sure how much I'd need to pay if I visit a restaurant opened by Curtis in Australia? Kueh Pie ti has to be homemade, my friend's granny used to make the best... not easy to do it so good. Her Mee Siam is also really good.

Hi C

I  am on my lunch break now. I was also tired at work yesterday maybe due to sudden change in weather.

Ruyi-the long lost friend is also the ML’s uncle. Is ML’s father the Emperor then? ML is no:3 there’s no:1 and no:5 brother, who are no:1 and 2? I find the relationship very confusing. Consort Duan is no:3’s mother? The twin sister is who’s mother then? I think the master is working for someone and knows too much and was murdered. The FL works for her designing jewellery. Ruyi Pavilion (RP) must be cover up organisation for shady dealings which the two sisters know nothing about. FL’s bracelet designed by the master may be  the symbol for the secret organisation.

I am also up to date with LIS. Don’t know what’s the purpose of SFL and the rich toy boy and Qiao Na. Just filling in the scenes. I don’t like the scene in the car where he tried to put the necklace on her and following scenes. The plot somehow lost significance after LTM was found guilty.

Agree ML not handsome in Bai Lu’s new drama.

I thought Curtis has restaurants in Beverley Hills and on the Princess cruises. He’s the face of Coles. I have never tried his restaurant but I have dined at Jamie Oliver’s restaurant on the Ovation of the Sea. 

Best Nyonya cuisine are those home made passed on from generations to generations. Yes kueh pai tee’s not easy to make, you have to carefully loosen the batter from the mould while frying but have to ensure it retain the shape and one mouthful and it’s gone. Can you get good Nyonya bachang in Singapore? My husband only eats the Nyonya bachang made by my mother or sister. Here we can get Nyonya bachang without the blue pea flowers so I’d rather not eat. I cook the filling and can eat with bread. 

Hi M,

Haha, here I am not able to start on my report... LOL

Think we have to separate the ML's uncle and the SML. The ML uncle who got into trouble is the Mom's brother. The SML is the Emperor's brother, his mom is considered a Jinx and got killed in the place where she was banished to. SML thought that ML caused the fire that killed her and ML is considered a Jinx after that. Her death maybe the key to the plot. The different brothers are just the sons of emperor many wives. ML is Consort Shu's son? Duan is the evil one right? ML's mother looks really young, reminds me of GL FL's mom. The relationship of the consorts still not really explained yet. I think the teacher got killed by the SML since he is the one that knows about her identity now. I know she is working for her, but it is just too much of a coincidence since the bracelet and everything. Why would someone put symbol everywhere to get found out?

LIS, I am glad it is over... now I have less dramas to watch and can sleep better. I sleep at 12 last night and felt better today LOL. The new drama by Bai Lu think can skip though ratings are not too bad. Save the time for the oath of love.

Haha sorry my bad. I thought Curtis is Australian and should have something back home... I only saw him on TV. Jamie Oliver I ate at his restaurants a few times, not consistent - since not cooked by them.

There is a famous dumpling (Chang) shop here called Kim Choo in the Joo Chiat area. The Nonya Dumplings are not too bad. My wife swears by the ones her Granny makes though. My Mom makes good tradition hokkien styled meat dumplings.

HI C&M :) I watched a few episodes of overlord..  so far so good.   They subbed a lot of episodes so I have to catch up 

I finally finished OMSL :) wow  really enjoyed that ..finished LIS (couldn't stand 2nd couple but really enjoyed main leads... also didnt get the whole “evil Mr Du” I think they just needed something for a few episodes.. it’s like he turned good then turned evil.. what do you think of pavilion? aim short on time so I have to be picky.

so tonite I had bean thread (cellophane noodles?) in chicken broth and an egg with sautéed Napa scallions spinach and pea pods with teriyaki.. divine:)

do they eat sweet potatoes heated up from a vendor where you are? they Always look so good:)

Yo K!

I will be selective in my Dramas from now on as I realised I needed my beauty sleep LOL. So now I won't add those dramas as a commando myself :)

OMSL is a good find, LIS the only good thing about the final 6 episodes is the proposal. The second couple is like so boring, I think my marriage is more interesting than that LOL. I like Linda in the final episodes, her hair suits her. A bit sad the dude seated beside JJ just got sacked and returned to his hometown. I like him as well. Pavilion is slow but nothing too irritating so I actually bingewatched it without missing much. I prefer the second CP.

Bean noodles, that is so good with ma la xiang guo if you guys have it there. You can also buy the paste but it is not as nice.

Steamed sweet potatoes? It is common in China. In Singapore we have those expensive ones in Japanese Supermarkets that comes out in limited batches. If not just do a BBQ, wrap them in foil and throw them into the charcoal...

Hi C & K

Just finished LIS. I like the final proposal. The 2FL is too needy. FL’s make up in the last two episodes are different with the wing eye liner. I agree with C that Linda’s hairdo is better in final episode.

Here we have steamed sweet potatoes in Chinese restaurant. The Korean supermarket used to have the grilled sweet potatoes. I just cut or leave as whole if they are small and put in the air fryer. My kids loved them. During winter there’s  roasted chestnuts from the veggie store. I love roasted chestnuts. 

Cellophane noodles -yummy. Yes with the spicy sauce  is good but like you  I put in the chicken broth and some Chinese melon . 

I really like Pavilion and am looking forward to the new episodes. I prefer the look of FL when the she gets ready for bed when she doesn’t have so much make up on. The family tree is very complicated so I re-watched the relevant episodes. The third prince Cheng’s mother is Consort Duan the evil one, twin sister of Wu Bai Qi’s late mother so indirectly he’s related to ML the 4th prince. 4th & 5th prince share the same mother Consort Shu.  I think Wu Bai Qi’s uncle is Zhang Yan’s father. No mention of prince no 1 & 2. Who’s the successor when the Emperor dies? So now uncle (King An) and nephew (4th prince/ML) like the same girl. I think Consort Duan or her son has the master killed( Ruyi is the rival and she earns less if Ruyi’s business is good), no good reason for King An to kill her. He just wants to get to the bottom of his mother’s death. I think there’s more to it that the overturn candlestick that caused the fire at the temple. Maybe his mother was murdered. Let’s wait until tonight’s new episodes. ML’s mother is young but not as young as GL’s. 

I am behind on GL. Have a few episodes to catch up. The sisters are back again in the later episode. I don’t like the long faced sister. I am also cutting down on the number of dramas . Wait for Oath of Love. 

Hi M,

I am drinking Green Tea with real mangos in it... yummy.

The 2nd couple in LIS, the girl overacted and the guy cannot act. FL changed her make up and go to work hair. YS looks really handsome in his marriage pic. The bloody product placements though... and after the proposal it was a bit awkward, so many ppl standing around them... The proposal is like a friend's gathering lol

My mom used to cook sweet potato soup (with yam, sago, coconut milk etc). Nowadays we hardly have that in our diet.

Oh it is not just spicy, it is numbing spicy :) I eat that once in a while. We have many Chinese eateries over here.

LOL you are still bothered about the family tree. The SML mom's death the Emperor is hiding something. She could have been killed or she died trying to protect a secret. The Mom probably knows something as well, or she just feels sorry that he had to leave. Not too sure about the 5th prince's deal though... why is he so upset about his brother? Did the brother's situation cause him and the mom to be difficult as well? After LIS I'll probably stick to this, and later the Oath of Love. GL I think I'll drop it.

Now I am getting 6 hours sleep so I feel a little better in the afternoons. :)

Hi C

Mango is coming into season now and my husband bought a R2E2 for Aud3.50. 

I think you mean bubur cha cha( the soup your mom made). I make it sometimes but I prefer just sweet potatoes, rock sugar and ginger soup. 

Pavilion-you have to connect the dots in order to see who has the motive behind all these doings. My bet is 3rd prince and his mom. 

5th prince got angry with his brother because he didn’t even touch his favourite food his mother painstakingly prepared . He’s already been away from home for so long there’s no affection between him and his mother/brother. He said he prefer to be alone since he’s jinxed. If you recall FL wanted to get away from him very badly but everywhere she goes she bumps into him. I like that he cares for her secretly-leaving the umbrella at her doorstep and sending food and the cooling cream and the sprain medicine. ( I remember that when I had bruises when I was young my father used to rub that medicine, it has a strong smell but I don’t mind it). She’s quite oblivious to his feelings. 

I like the sister and Wu guy. He’s handsome.

I’m going slow with GL, episodes coming out too fast. Lol

Hi M,

Is that a breed of the mango?

Nope it is not burburchacha, Mom would put some flour or starch thingy into it if it was BBCC. This is really just sweet potato soup.

It must be the evil looking mom doing it - she tried to frame the master. However, the framing part seemed to be part of the plan... so she knows too much.

I think the feeling is mutual. While the mom feels bad and the brother resents him for that... he may have resented that he had to be sent away at such a young age. Yes he is caring for her secretly with all the brolly and stuff - and I like that the FL found out about it instead of thinking that it was the SML who help (such as in the master's case). She is just too childish to realize these but maybe she will go through alot in the later episode and mature. Ppl were saying she die in the other drama they were both in, hope it is happy ending for this one.

Yeah the Wu guy has a face suitable for period dramas. His character in Young Blood is opposite to his over here. And I like a sister that don't turn into a villain in later part of the show cos they like the same dude.

LOL, GL episode 23 came out for a while already... LIS is even faster I think.

Hi C

R2E2 is a species of mango. It’s large and the flesh is firm. You can’t get in Singapore? 

GL- I’ve watched E23. Came out last week. I skipped episodes. 

Huh? Who like the same dude? FL’s sister likes Wu but FL like 4th prince. In legend of Yunxi FL died at the end so I too am hoping that she doesn’t die. They cross referencing Legend in one of the episodes. 

There’s more to it than meets the eye for the master. She was willing to go to prison because she wanted information from one of the cell mates. 

In the master’s case her sister said someone helped but she never thought it was 4th prince because he doesn’t show he cares for her. He does these in secret . I like him fixing her ankle . She must be light as a feather because he carried her effortlessly. 

I especially enjoyed the trailer of Ep 18 when he indirectly proposed to her, she told him not to give fhe same gift to other women. He said he has only one fan and only one heart. He’s now open with his feelings for her. 

Edit: I wonder if ML’s voice is his own because the voice in Everyone wants to meet you is also low. FL’s mother is the same as ML’s mother in OMSL.

Hi M,

Actually I am not too knowledgeable about mangoes... :p i bought a few from Taiwan which is huge and nice...

GL, you skipped the episodes with the sisters?

I mean I don't like sisters in  drama  going against each other because they like the same dude. Like romance of tiger and rose and jinyan... the elder sister always becomes bad from jealousy. 

I just finished Ruyi ep 13 and 14. There is this new app that releases it earlier than qianxun. Its seems that the SML has the main motive to kill FL master... he is portrayed to be heartless already. The FL master suddenly becomes useless after being seen as so resourceful in the last few episodes. 

These episodes ars as usual slow but still interesting to watch on. The part on the eclipse I had to strain my eyes lol. But I really like the second couple. So by 18 they are aware of each others feelings? These 2 episodes there is a similar situation to TSP when they are trapped in a mountain/cave.

I thought the ML voice actor sounded the same as the one from OMSL. The FL one should be the same as in a class of her own.

Hi C

Haven’t  tried Taiwan mangoes. I bought a Kensington mango today-sweet and sour, 

I am also up to date with Ruyi. What the app called? I subscribe to Iqiyi which releases at around 11pm so I won’t be able to finish the two episodes.

I agree with you now after watching Ep 13 & 14. King An maybe is the one whp had the master murdered. He is bend on getting the Emperor to admit he made a mistake. He doesn’t investigate thoroughly before pinning the blame on ML. I think the FL’s bracelet is used to open something. She casually answered King An that her bracelet was from the master but keeps the information from ML? The bracelet will endanger her life. I think the master now realises how ruthless King An is but was murdered perhaps for knowing too much. FL touched the murder weapon which made her the suspect. 

The eclipse episode was very dark. I like the exchange between sister and Wu. I don’t know when they are aware of each other’s feelings. I only know that from tge trailer  ML was drugged in Ep 15, the master was murdered in Ep 16, ML rescue FL in Ep 17 and he proposed with his fan in Ep 18. I would say that there is something going on in Ep15 but he’s already giving her looks from earlier episodes. I don’t like the spoilt princess. I think she’s a bit dumb but at least not evil unlike the cousin in OMSL.

GL :the long face sister doesn’t like the same guy. She’s just jealous of FL because ML was meant to be her husband and suddenly she found out he has connection to the emperor or one of the royals. She’s stewing because he treats FL very well. I just skipped to E23 because I am curious to know what happens. Since you have dropped it, FL’s pregnant in that episode but her husband didn’t know. Jealous sister pushed her against the table . When they summoned the king’s physician then he got to know. 

Yes I think FL’s voice is the one in A Class of her own.

Hi M,

Agriculture in Taiwan is great as well. Mangoes are really plump and sweet.

It is a "今" app... the vids are very clear. The An King we really thought that he is better but he is so ruthless. He is just testing the emperor which I feel is too patient with him. Just banish the bugger to the barriers. And the ML Uncle, he should have hinted to the ML before he killed himself, now the emperor blames the ML. The bracelet based on the master think can help the FL if she faces any problem next time... but it is just so silly to have the symbol in plain sight. Just give her a pendant or what.

Oh wow you seen so many trailers. It is rather slow so I guess the trailer reveals a lot as well. The princess is just stupidly annoying. I really like the interaction of the second couple, teasing in another form.

Hi C

I am up to Ep 16 with Ruyi Pavilion. I find the pace all right as there’re 40 episodes. Now we see the connection between Wu Bai Qi and Lord Xindu. I initially thought Lord Xindu was his uncle when they had his birthday celebration. Lucky escape for FL -almost marrying into the family . 

I think the master must be murdered by King An. I don’t think it’s 3rd prince Cheng . His personal guard is so dense-kidnapped the wrong girl. Wu is a military man, surely he should have tied up the two persons instead of leaving them there unconscious. Things are moving along quite quickly for him and FL’s sister. I like their scenes.

I think I figured out why ML divorced FL. When he was drugged he dreamt that he got married to a girl whose shoes are the only thing he recognises. When the princess appeared with the shoes in her hands he assumed he’s to be married to her. Why didn’t he think it’s odd that she came to his room in the middle of the night just to show him the shoes?  Doesn’t make much sense.

I made  tong sui yesterday with red dates, honey dates, black dates, longan, goji berry, north and south apricot kernels, lotus seeds, snow fungus, aloe vera slices and boil with winter melon sugar and rock sugar. So refreshing.