Hi M.

I asked my wife if we should have Korean Fried Chicken tonight LOL. Korean Pizza there is one in the Airport at Jewel which is pretty good. As long as you are fine with fusion.

Definitely, he is in the frontline, first line of defence. There were quite a lot of embarrassing moments in the drama LOL. You should enjoy episode 9. Hope to have 10 and 11 released tonight. If not I will just catch nine tail fox... it is a bit dark and I am yawning throughout episode 3. I like the FL though.

The princesses are a staple in these show... quite sad as they are often used as objects for peacemaking. This princess though is quite cute just like a buddy to the ML.... unlike a certain naxi we knew.

Hi C

My husband decided not to have Korean fried chicken so we opted for Woolworths roast chicken with air-fried broccolini. I plan to cook kimchi soup with tofu and soft pork ribs and stir fried  bulgogi tomorrow . So what are you having for dinner?

I’ve finished Ep 9. FL is one feisty lady and  ML carry her effortlessly. I like the part when he said that she’s his medicine ( familiar isn’t it, similar to TSP when Chu Yue said to Xue Yao that he’s her medicine ). This time when she was going to apply medicine he told her to undress him as he was injured. Last time he was even more badly injured. Now he’s making the first move. I like this ML. 

ML’s already married why does the Emperor want to put the 9th princess in his house? Can he decline? A bit inconvenient for FL as she shares his living quarters now. I hope the Emperor won’t be giving him wives like trophies.  Hopefully we get 10 & 11 tonight and not left hanging until next Wednesday. 

I think this princess is just young and very much a tomboy.Why does the princess’s father asked if she wanted to marry ML? He already has a wife . Costume not as grand as OMSL

I will have to finish off SL.

Hi M,

Same here, ended up Not having fried chicken. Had pasta instead. And I tried this ale from Australia that is Quite good. So you cook almost everyday?

I finished up to ep 11... loads of fluff after especially episode 10. I actually can't really recall much from this drama, but I like the leads. How they are getting together and facing the obstacle etc. The right hand man of the general seemed like a nerd but he managed to talk sense into the general.

He actually wanted 9th princess to check on the CP as the emperor heard rumours they are not getting along well. The princess has a forbidden love so the emperor got her to take a trip... a weird trip to see the general I must say. I like this princess though, she speaks slow and looks pretty.

Ya it is weird to have the father say that just to create a misunderstanding. 

Lol you are struggling with SL...

I just finished 9 nine fox ep 4

Good morning C,

I see you have been up late binge watching. Ep 10 was loaded almost midnight and I watched that and when I woke up this morning Ep 11 was already uploaded. I wanted to update before my run but decided to wait a bit later. 

The right hand man is the younger brother and I like him but he’s clueless that the girl like him. The bearded guy like the same girl. The brother is wise in his council. However he doesn’t have much power. I would think that the General will have to train him as backup when he goes out to war just in case he’s injured and the Chu family will always have the position of protecting the border .  This drama is not so well thought out unlike the TSP and OMSL. TSP a bit on the extreme  but OMSL is just right .

That plot about the princess was not well done . The father’s acting was really fake. The princess ended up with the male servant? How unlikely..

I will watch Ep 10 today. I need to start reading Kevin Kwan’s new book this weekend. I love the 3 he wrote -so funny. 

Need to cross the finishing line with SL. Almost there. At least this is better than what my daughter renamed DITK ( Uncle in the Kitchen). I think I will drop it. I’d rather read a book than continue.

I cook when I feel like it, when it’s better to cook than takeaway or when I suddenly crave for something that I can’t get at the restaurant. I use the blue pea flower ( bunga telang) extract for my nasi lemak and serve on banana leaves. For me it needs to be as close to what I get back home. My husband loves spiral curry puffs so I make from scratch. The same for siew pau, So time consuming. My mother makes her own Nyonya curry powder. I only cook curry with her curry powder. I rather not eat curry chicken if I run out of her curry powder. 

I don’t enjoy cooking anymore  but I love eating...

Hi K, 

How’s work and where are you up to now? 

Hi C

I’ve just finished Ep 10. That Rourou cannot keep secrets and her misinterpretation of situation often land FL in hot soup. I like 9th princess-hope she finds her happy ending. It just doesn’t make sense why the other princess can marry the manservant. This is more like it-9th princess not allowed to marry her imperial bodyguard. 

The wedding scene is nice. I like the flowers falling from the sky, more special than the usual fireworks.

Ep 12 onwards should be interesting. I like this drama so far, love the leads and supporting casts are all very likeable even the other princess. 

I hope the servant girl Choong gets the General’s brother. The bearded guy is so crass. 

Hi M,

It is soccer tonight so I watched more drama last night. In the meantime I caught this rather short drama "i fell in love by accident", finished half of it during the soccer breaks. I have actually having a lager now.

I guess you are already up to date with GL. Yeah the princess with the manservant is too farfetched but I did guess that one. I like the maid that likes the brother though I think it may not happen. I am not sure why the ML is saying that he must stay behind... that part os not explained. This drama just has too many loopholes.

He has a new book? Is it part of the series? The second part of the movie not sure when it is coming.

Oh SL is still better than DITK... now and then I still see a good review on it.

Nowadays it is quite easy to cook with air fryer amd multicooker. But the food delivery service is really quite common so we won't go hungry. The ingredients for the nasi lemak must be expensive there... the spiral curry puff, we have a famous brand here "1A". The curry powder sounds nice. Here you can go to the spice stall to ask them to mix for you. 

The 9th is just to add contents i think... but I actually like the princesses here than the order drama though the first princess in here is a bit questionable. 

Yes I like the wedding scene from GL too! The preparation from the ML is a nice touch and I like it that the FL forced him to pen the poem down... sealed with a kiss.

Hope it gets better with ep 12... though messy I like the acting etc as not too much angst.

Back to soccer!

Hi C

Have you seen the trailers for Ep 12 & 13? I couldn’t really get them.

A1 and Baba are also famous . Malaysian curry powder is nice. I only use the packet chili powder to add to my curry. 

Kevin Kwan’s new book is not part of the series. The sequel is not in production yet as far as I know.

Agree-many loopholes in GL. Plot is randomly put together. I love the cast and acting and FL’s costumes. ML stay behind? Are you referring to ML in the barracks instead of coming home? 

Soccer season now. 

Hi C

I finally crossed the finishing line with SL. (At the gym, I woke up late at 5:25am so decided to use treadmill at the gym and finish up the final  episodes).It was a light hearted drama. Don’t know why ML’s parents didn’t attend his swimming meet though.

I like the way he proposed . The rock was big and the Pikachu in the ring box was a good idea.

Looking forward to new episodes for LIS. This time our selection of dramas doesn’t have too much of a wait gap in between.

Hi K

I bought a packet of brown sugar ginger tea when I was at the Asian supermarket this morning. It’s basically ginger infused brown/red sugar. It’s nice. 

Hi C & K

There’s 17 episodes of GL now. 

Hi M ,

I haven't seen the trailers... btw new LIS episodes are out. 

I follow a Malaysian curry chicken recipe using A1 curry paste and baba's curry powder. I am actually talking about a brand of the layered skin curry puff called 1A :)

Yeah the sequel I heard is on the Pierre Png couple.

I mean the ML said that his brother must stay behind. Probably like you said to take over in case something happens to him.

SL is another one with lotsa loopholes. Think we have to watch these low budget dramas without too high expectations. Yeah I like the proposal even though the weird thing I remembered is the dialogue... something like he chose her...just a bit ego I think.

Gosh, I think I should start LIS first... I also feel like completing I fell in love by accident. Also GL... 

Btw I had korean fried chicken tonight... now having tea to wash it away...

Hi C&M

ive been trying to catch up with dramas, finishing up OMSL now that more are subbed, up to ep 9 in GL(i can understand about 70%  of it but I wasn’t sure how FLs maid fell in love with the guy and who he is, seems to be working with the General ..to figure out who are the spies? ) also scene where FL leaves ML and he goes to find her and makes a really long speech ..I think he’s saying he can’t live WO her .. she has a lot of grit, he has a lot of trauma from the past so he needs someone perky & happy.  (and forces  him to have an emotion) 

Who’s the fighting princess? And did the FL get promoted so she’s above ML..also what was the deal about breaking the locks under water and was he just being stubborn and trying to kill himself???   

so are they trying to give him another wife ? FL will prob beat her up:if thats the case :) I did like the drunk scene. With the princess...

And can the FL maid marry that man? i thought he’s higher up or something..wasn’t sure..I do skip parts when its not subbed bc it’s too much for me to grasp all the sun plots. I usually go back after it’s subbed and then I watch the whole episode..(i dont even want to think how many hours I’ve spent watching dramas  LOLOL ...it’s quality time:)

2 new eps from LIS I’ll watch those today (pretty sure we’re gonna have some angst in their relationship)  oh yeah..how come the assistant gave FL grief about dating ML in the office but she was gonna date him and that would have Been ok???

and the last episode from Lost Romance. Is out today ..I dropped Love in time & DITK (so funny  M what your daughter called it !!:D ) also the brown sugar sounds interesting, I know in Ayurveda certain things are used as remedies, I like that it’s mixed with ginger , we have an Asian market nearby I’m going to  look for that. I did get lotus tea mung beans kimchi (white) and I love mung bean noodles. My friend who is Mung makes the best cellophane noodles. and wraps.  I love reading what you are eating..it all sounds so good.  

C -9 tailed fox is really good, it’s a mix of dark/fantasy/romance and  going into the romance quicker than i thought, ep 3 kinda skeeved  me a bit with the cannibalism theme..(& the hair..eck.   2nd brother is very good, he’s been in a few dramas I’ve seen and he seems to have come into his own now.   he looks all grown up now:) he’s doing evil. Very well , not overdone. Ml is one of my favs in Korean dramas. 

I think other (evil) female fox will maybe turn good now that the vet is involved and someone genuinely cares for her (he mentioned she was abused) but that won’t happen for a while.   It’s like a mix of Korean odyssey. The masters sun  & goblin, (i would love to see part 2 of Korean O) 

i saw new Drama coming out with leads from Tale of Yun Xi that looks good (forgot the name) did anyone see Yun Xi? I heard it’s sad but it’s on Netflix so I may give it a go (so much easier to FF all the excess scenes:)on netflix) 

ok TTYL:D

Hi K

I will answer what I can before I go for my run.

The new drama is Blooms at Ruyi Pavilion with Zhang Zhe Han and Ju Jing Yi. I just skim the last episode of Legend of Yun Xi but it was sad so I didn’t watch it.

GL-FL,  the handsome guy (Xiao Xiao) and Rou Rou ( FL’s companion) were all childhood friends. RR and XX were from the streets. FL could only take RR home because she’s a girl. RR would sneak out food to XX. XX work for Emperor. He and RR are childhood sweethearts.

The wedding scene was good. You’ll enjoy it.

There are some loopholes so some things doesn’t really make sense.

Fighting princess just there to give a twist to the story not too significant. She ended up with FL’s manservant.

The 9th princess is to check out the situation between FL and ML coz Emperor heard that they are not getting on well. 

You must enjoy Asian cuisine very much.

Hi C

Never heard of 1A . Is it puff pastry? 

Going to catch the new episodes if LIS today

I am up to 13 with GL. It’s risky helping 9th princess to elope. Won’t they get into trouble with the Emperor and faking her death? 

Was the Korean fried chicken good? I will cook kimchi fried rice after my run for children to take to school for lunch

Edit: the  GL’s brother seem to have taken a liking to FL. He adores her. 

Hahaha! You guys are so cute, sending your messages to and fro like this publicly.

KenshinKaoru:
C -9 tailed fox is really good, it’s a mix of dark/fantasy/romance and  going into the romance quicker than i thought, ep 3 kinda skeeved  me a bit with the cannibalism theme..(& the hair..eck.   2nd brother is very good, he’s been in a few dramas I’ve seen and he seems to have come into his own now.   he looks all grown up now:) he’s doing evil. Very well , not overdone. Ml is one of my favs in Korean dramas.

I think other (evil) female fox will maybe turn good now that the vet is involved and someone genuinely cares for her (he mentioned she was abused) but that won’t happen for a while.   It’s like a mix of Korean odyssey. The masters sun  & goblin, (i would love to see part 2 of Korean O)

i saw new Drama coming out with leads from Tale of Yun Xi that looks good (forgot the name) did anyone see Yun Xi? I heard it’s sad but it’s on Netflix so I may give it a go (so much easier to FF all the excess scenes:)on netflix) 

Hi K, since M replied on the C-drama stuff I will write the K-drama part. :) I like the characters in the drama, my fav being the FL... The children ghost part is quite scary and yeah the cannibalism part... It is still quite messy for me, but I think it is more interesting now that the FL status is confirmed and here is where it gets romantic and exciting. The famale fox looks so pretty! In this show probably the villains are not so evil but it is just a bit dark. I am also at episode 3 of 18 again (it is getting complicated), I like it and this is a drama that you won't have the urge to binge - and it is still nice to watch. I tried a bit of the new drama with Bae Suzy, don't look really interesting. Lie after lie looks good though. I haven't seen Yun Xi... But the new K-Drama in Netflix looks good though. I think I am dropping ROY after 9 episodes.

mblgoh:
Hi C

Never heard of 1A . Is it puff pastry?

Going to catch the new episodes if LIS today

I am up to 13 with GL. It’s risky helping 9th princess to elope. Won’t they get into trouble with the Emperor and faking her death?

Was the Korean fried chicken good? I will cook kimchi fried rice after my run for children to take to school for lunch

Edit: the  GL’s brother seem to have taken a liking to FL. He adores her. 

Hi M, it is a local brand just selling curry puffs with the layered skin. It is only available here since it has not expanded.

I finished LIS latest episodes...loopholes here and there (I let you watch)... guess the ML is blinded by his love for the FL that he trust the SML... SML probably just wanted to protect the FL. The ML is quite short? His soles are rather thick.

GL I only finished ep. 12 cos I couldn't stand this eloping plot. You are right, the princess elope when visiting the general, the emperor would probably wipe out his whole clan? And the FL acting all stupid and trying to look smart when it is so awkward - for nothing. Just because you are afraid that the princess will get envy and you denounce your husband? Weird. And the ML is overly accommodating here to put up with this nonsense.

The Fried chicken wasn't that good... I had much better...  guess I will take a break from friend chicken for a month. I like the pickled radish thought. Kimchi friend rice sounds good, I cook that occasionally as well. :)

The GL's FL looks really grew on me. :)