Lia0215:

After episode 4  I'm starting to believe Rang doesn't really want to hurt yeon but rather he is doing it because of the debt he has. Also im curious to know why was he finally able to confirm it was her at that moment when before he had tried and it never worked so why now? Also did someone notice that as soon as he confirmed she as his first love the baby or whatever that is opened his eyes.

This is just a theory....but what if ji ah and the "baby" are connected and thats why as soon as the baby was "born" he was finally able to confirm it was her. Im guessing ji ah/ah eum and "he" are connected somehow  

Hands out chefs kiss to your brains 

8 episodes in , I'm 80% sure that the mischief and mayhem he causes are Rang's own.  The deaths not so much. Not to say that he didn't commit the crime.  I remember the Imoogi keeper, creepy immortality seeking killer dude  saved Rang's life , and that's a pretty huge debt. Plus they showed us an almost brand like red ring on Rang's finger

I like the way that you think @Dramaramengirl! 

For a moment in the episode 8 I also thought Rang is doomed. I was sure Yeon would save Ji Ah. I was a little surprised but when I thought about it, he probably came to the conclusion than Imoogi would not really harm Ji Ah, because part of him is still in her. 

Just the part of Ji Ah and Imoogi connection confuses me. So if A Reum was originally sacrificed for the Imoogi, in this life, Ji Ah will be his bride now? Bride for what? After all he is human now, so why does he need Ji Ah? 

ABoredLawyer:

Just the part of Ji Ah and Imoogi connection confuses me. So if A Reum was originally sacrificed for the Imoogi, in this life, Ji Ah will be his bride now? Bride for what? After all he is human now, so why does he need Ji Ah? 

Yeah exactly!....so now will there be war war for love between Yeon and Imoogi??????

Personally, I think she will be a bride in a sense that there will be a marriage between both Imoogi parts, meaning both parts will be connected again.  I don't interpret it as anything romantic.

I don't think this is going the love triangle path at all. More like they said , it's like the Imoogi is missing a piece of himself, and Ji Ah has the missing part, I'm guessing it's a vital bit.

I also  like how they explained why Ji Ah had to save her own self , and why Yeong could not get to her

Quoting a theory from MindMeltonABun on tumblr:

"Taluipa’s Son/Bok Gil = The Imoogi

As previously mentioned, I had theorized that Taluipa’s son, Bok Gil, must have been one hell of a powerful being given that his mom was a powerful Goddess herself. As to what those abilities could have been, it is still a mystery. However, I feel like his powers would’ve been connected the ones Taluipa had (i.e birth, fate, and ability to see what others cannot see). Again, not much was mentioned about him other than he committed suicide and that his name was Bok Gil.

Now let’s look at the Imoogi, we know that he has the power of life (bringing the bird back to life), death (sucking the life out of his nannies), and rebirth (being reborn as that boy).

If you think about it, when Bok Gil committed suicide, his soul/body was neither in the land of the living nor the dead. He was in between those two realms or in limbo. Connecting this to the fact that the Imoogi said he was born in a place between the living and dead, there is a significant possibility that Bok Gil is indeed the Imoogi. Furthermore, if you look at the kinds of power the Imoogi has and the powers that Taluipa has, you will find that they are strangely similar or related. If that doesn’t convince you enough then just compare the voice of Bok Gil to that of the Imoogi!"

THOUGHTS?

Dramaramengirl:

I hope so, I  hope they don't go the kill Rang path . For a while it looked like that , but halfway in episode 8 gives me hope. He may still be damned, how much is the question

im losing hope about rang surviving. By the looks of it he is willing to sacrifice himself for yeon

@Missreviews That's what I've been theorizing because as soon as Bok Gil is brought up to Taluipa either by her husband or anyone, she refuses to talk about Bok Gil and gets mad.  She didn't know where Ji Ah's parents were until a few eps where she revealed where to look. Bok Gil's soul may have manifested into the Imoogi.

Emily:

@Missreviews That's what I've been theorizing because as soon as Bok Gil is brought up to Taluipa either by her husband or anyone, she refuses to talk about Bok Gil and gets mad.  She didn't know where Ji Ah's parents were until a few eps where she revealed where to look. Bok Gil's soul may have manifested into the Imoogi.

Yep! You're definitely right. Ep 15 basically explains that the Imoogi spirit chose Bok Gil and it was this original Imoogi that poisoned Bok Gil's wife, which led to Taluipa killing Bok Gil's wife and for Bok Gil to commit suicide.