ChineseDramaFan:

Totally agree with you. I've always thought Lan Zhan is interested in Wei Ying from the very beginning. He just uses anger or dismay to cover himself. I also feel that despite Lan Zhan wouldn't let the Jiang company enter the Cloud Recess in the beginning, he comes back to let them in because of Wei Ying. Perhaps he doesn't realize Wei Ying has gone to retrieve the invitation card. And that's why he's waiting for him to return and catches him (Wei Ying) red-handed with the liquor. Yes, I love those love-at-first-sight scenes. 

ViolentAjumma:

There’re too many good moments but I’m definitely staying away from episode 50. I know for sure if I were to watch that episode again I will be in depression mode for days. 

I think one of the first scene that really got me to cried was after WWX and LWJ defeated that tortoise monster. Even after he was hurt, WWX tries to hide it yet he was holding onto that sword so tightly like a child, and LWJ look so sad while healing WWX’s wound. I was surprised to see LWJ displaying so much pain when all the time before he seems to reject WWX’s existence. He even sang for WWX, which really touched my heart. Actually, pretty much the whole events in that cave was really good. 

ChineseDramaFan:

Totally agree with you. I've always thought Lan Zhan is interested in Wei Ying from the very beginning. He just uses anger or dismay to cover himself. I also feel that despite Lan Zhan wouldn't let the Jiang company enter the Cloud Recess in the beginning, he comes back to let them in because of Wei Ying. Perhaps he doesn't realize Wei Ying has gone to retrieve the invitation card. And that's why he's waiting for him to return and catches him (Wei Ying) red-handed with the liquor. Yes, I love those love-at-first-sight scenes. 

Good thinking!!! I didn't think about the waiting part:)

ConstanceAmei:

Did anyone notice the hand squeeze/ massage that WWX does in EP 36 where LZ's drunk and WWX asks him what he regrets :)  Such a touching moment.  

P.S.  I think everything about this drama is my fav scene or clip.  Totally ruined me.  

Seems like I have to read everyones'posts before rewatching again:)

AlexBBB:
Good thinking!!! I didn't think about the waiting part:)

That's what I've always believed, that their admiration for each other started very much early. The waiting part is an important clue to Lan Zhan's feelings towards Wei Ying. Lan Zhan always sleeps by 9:00 pm promptly. But by the time Wei Ying returned with his liquor, it's way passed the curfew time (that's why he broke the ground rule), and yet Lan Zhan was still up, waiting there. Why was he up, if not for Wei Ying? But he could have had someone else catch Wei Ying instead of himself. Why didn't he? I've always felt that Lan Zhan was interested in Wei Ying from the very beginning, and so was Wei Ying for Lan Zhan. Look at how Wei Ying treated other boys as compared to how he treated Lan Zhan during their studies at the Cloud Recess. There's a huge difference. With Lan Zhan, he was tender. With other boys he was like, er, another boy, doing boys' stuff like roughing each other up. And then, when Wei Ying was back to the Lotus Cove, on his headboard for his bed, he has a carving of himself and Lan Zhan. The taller figure has to be Lan Zhan.

@ChineseDramaFan

Omg! Seeing those episodes after reading your comment, it feels so much more better! Keep the Wangxian reveals coming :D

I'm having this headcanon right now. Imagine, LWJ has just finished composing Wangxian and is sitting under the night sky thinking about what to name it. He'll be like, What should I name it? Maybe I should combine both our names. ZhanYing? YingZhan? WangjiWuxian? Wang...WangXian? WangXian. WangXian...

He gently whispers the name of the song and feels the way it rolls off his tongue and then, he smiles that small smile of his that makes his eyes go all soft..now I feel like crying after imagining it. *sob*

@ChineseDramaFan

Your explanation about Lan zhan waiting in the beginning is absolutely adorable:)))) I think it is pretty obvious the interest from the beginning, but I had not for a minute thought about the waiting part. I have actually only rewatched the drama once. I am waiting to see if my sister is visiting me (she is a drama fan too), to rewatch together. I am holding myself to not rewatch for now, but it is ok, since I am reading the novel. But when I rewatch next time, it's going to be cute to think on how different fans interpreted different moments, or saw things, I didn't:)))

AlexBBB:
how different fans interpreted different moments, or saw things, I didn't

That's absolutely true. I missed so many little and subtle details myself, only catching them after reading fans' comments. That's why we've been re-watching this drama for multiple times, unable to move on to other dramas. It is also because of this that has created a furor of online discussions that propel these fine actors to the ultimate heights that they deserve.

ChineseDramaFan:

That's absolutely true. I missed so many little and subtle details myself, only catching them after reading fans' comments. That's why we've been re-watching this drama for multiple times, unable to move on to other dramas. It is also because of this that has created a furor of online discussions that propel these fine actors to the ultimate heights that they deserve.

I have been watching dramas for 10 years now, but I never participated in any discussions, nor wrote comments, neither have I been interesting in other people's interpretations. Completely different story with this drama. You don't want to miss a thing:))) I know you are reading the novel too. I am reading and thinking that the casting director should have been a genius. I can't imagine a more perfect cast... Well with Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo, I keep switching, thinking, who is more perfect for the role:)))) 

I just realize at around episode 8, WWX asked LWJ to catch chickens with him and got denied. Sixteen years later, LWJ went and catch chickens for WWX when drunk. So, does that mean that for sixteen years LWJ still couldn’t get that out of the back of his mind. Dang, that must be a heck of a sixteen years.

@ViolentAjumma 

I know right?  It's small details like these that leave me more than impressed with the production team. They have managed to take scenes from the book and make it better in a lot of ways.

I like the line best in ep 47?  They're in the temple and just were captured and it goes something like:

WWX:  LZ you dont owe me anything.

LZ:  I dont feel like I owe you

WWX:  then why did you save me

LZ:  It's what I should do.

and  WWX smiles.

Of course its what soul mates do.  its not because its a favor or they owe you anything.  It's because if you're soulmates you always protect the one you love.  

ConstanceAmei:

I like the line best in ep 47?  They're in the temple and just were captured and it goes something like:

WWX:  LZ you dont owe me anything.

LZ:  I dont feel like I owe you

WWX:  then why did you save me

LZ:  It's what I should do.

and  WWX smiles.

Of course its what soul mates do.  its not because its a favor or they owe you anything.  It's because if you're soulmates you always protect the one you love.  

I should thank you for this post. I feel I could not understand the dialogue before. I believe in your text above, there is a difference from the subtitles. I do not think he uses the word save but do. When you put it the way you did, it made it all clear. That part bothered me a little and now I hope ill come to like it too. Thanks!!!!!!! Friend request sent:)))

@AlexBBB,  you are right, they dont use the literal word 'save'

but because when they are just outside the temple and WWX tells LZ to 'go and leave to get reinforcements'  LZ shakes his head no.   so in the temple what WWX literally says is 

'just right now then why did you just do what u did'  (it implies, why didnt you leave me and go get help, why stay by my side) 

LZ's replies :  its because its what i should do.

i re-watched it to see if i could get a better translation :) . hope that makes more sense.

I am really thankful to you because I had completely misunderstood the part. Somehow, when he asks whe he did that, I didn't realize that he referred to the events just then (what LZ did right before). Since I had not understood the question, I had not understood the answer either. I had thought that what LZ meant was that he had to fight the bad guy (totally different answer). The viki translation is not good at all for that part either, because he answers "(because it is something that should be done"). Even if literally, in chinese, that is how it is phrased, they should not have translated it that way. This is the reason why the job of the translator is so important... So thanks a looooot!!!!!! You helped me like that part:)))

There are indeed sooo many fave scene from many episode. But, is there anyone else (or only me? hahaha) like the episode (26) where WWX  barged in Jin's sect banquet, drink the wine on LZ's behalf, asked JiZiXun to have a private chat. Those conversations... Ohh i really like the part where they were so helpless and so fearful toward WWX. I feel such satisfaction, WWX was like  "Slap" JinZiXun and JinGuangShan in the face for their conceit. And the part LZ defend WY in front of Jin Guang Yao "他说的, 不对吗?" (was it wrong what he said??)

Leave a deep impression :)