Hi everyone.  I'm a long time lurker, recent member on MDL.  

While watching The Untamed on YouTube and KissAsian, I was unimpressed by the quality of the subtitle and the translation.  Since I'm a native speaker, I was able to watch the whole thing without having to rely on subtitle.  But as my husband is not a native speaker, I tweaked the subtitle so that (I think) it flows better and so that I can watch it with him.  

Some examples of the things I changed are:

* Consistency - sometimes, the subs refer to Yin Iron as Yin Metal or Stygian Metal.  Either Yin Iron or Yin Metal works, but I like consistency so I made it all Yin Iron.  There are other things I changed for consistency (ie. young master/young lord/childe, clan/family, Hanguang-Jun/Light Bearing Lord, etc.)

* "Okay" - pet peeve of mine as "okay" sounds like such a casual, modern word.  All "okay"s are changed to "yes", "fine", or "good".

* Corrections on word usage/phrases - there are some subs that are just wrong.

* Less reliance on translator's notes - I try not to use them, because I think they disrupt the flow and are sometimes too fast to read or are just downright redundant. 

* Songs - I have the tendency to not like background music translated, especially if it's interspaced with actual dialogue.  So there's a music sequence where I took the subs out.  

I originally made the subs for my own enjoyment but thought I'd offer to share since I sometimes read in the comments section about translation confusions based on YouTube, Viki, or KissAsian subtitles.  Netflix may have better ones, but I haven't seen them.  Now, I don't profess to be perfect.  Whenever I re-read some of the subs, I catch my own minor mistakes.  But in general, I'm pretty happy with them since I feel they're improved compared to what I was able to find.  

So if anyone is interested in either the hardsub MP4 files, the softsub SRT or ASS files (uses Aegisub to open), let me know and I'll share them via Dropbox.  

I like the changes you name here and would be interested in the SRT softsubs (already have the video files without Chinese hardsubs). ^^ 

Here's the Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kyctiqt76kpa9y5/AAA7gqsp2IcV1ZuFJecmgP9xa?dl=0

I created the subs using video files that had Chinese hardsubs.  So hopefully the timing syncs up!

ceigna:

Here's the Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kyctiqt76kpa9y5/AAA7gqsp2IcV1ZuFJecmgP9xa?dl=0

I created the subs using video files that had Chinese hardsubs.  So hopefully the timing syncs up!

Thank you so much. :) 

I use VLC Player for playing the files so I should be able to sync the timing. 

I just watched the first few minutes on Youtube and Netflix, and the Netflix subtitles seem to be better.  I didn't look at your subtitles, so I don't know if they're better or worse than the Netflix subtitles.

I'm fixing typos as I re-watch.  So if anyone catches mistakes, do let me know.

Hi, if it's ok for you, I'm interested in the hardsub MP4 files. Thank You.

Due to file size restrictions, I can only upload them one at a time to my Dropbox.  I have the first episode up now.  I'll try to swap them out for subsequent episodes every 2-3 days.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1knle60b1vji921/AAC_4QFhbnCmhH2dsm2N-qRTa?dl=0

I moved the hardsub files to Google Drive since it's bigger.  2-10 are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-UtgsrRzzbcVddWA9IuI26MTe_Kf2pU0?usp=sharing

I'll swap them out for the rest, 10 episode at a time, in a few days.

Thank you so much for posting these episodes! :) Do you happen to have episodes 2-9? I didn't get a chance to download these ><

I'll leave 40-50 up until next Wednesday/Thursday and I'll reupload any episode by request after that.

Thank you very much! ^^

Hi! Maybe an idea or something but if it's a big hassle for you then it's fine. I thought it would be nice for you create multiple email accounts to put in the Untamed with the hardsubs on. I wanted to download it but the file is too big.

Maybe 1 email account for episode 1 to 10? Another email for 10 to 20 and so on? Of course the link provided here :)