Wow! This is such an amazing thread. Thanks for the timelines and all the explanations ??

Not sure if you have answered this before, as I am yet to read all the posts, but - 

1) Do you think Sol's Grandma has also visited the past? She is seen with the watch at least couple of times.

2)  The watch doesn't activate until Sun Jae dies. So how does Sol visit the past a second time? This is when Tae Sung proposes, and young Sol accepts, while Sun Jae watches from afar. 

EDIT: Ignore the second question please. I realized it's because Sun Jae is still dead when she returns back to the present

noona_says_saranghae:

Wow! This is such an amazing thread. Thanks for the timelines and all the explanations ??

Not sure if you have answered this before, as I am yet to read all the posts, but - 

1) Do you think Sol's Grandma has also visited the past? She is seen with the watch at least couple of times.

2)  The watch doesn't activate until Sun Jae dies. So how does Sol visit the past a second time? This is when Tae Sung proposes, and young Sol accepts, while Sun Jae watches from afar. 

1) The conversation in episode 15 at the 52minute mark explains the best. But pretty much her soul remembers all the timelines more easily because her brain doesn't work the same as the others. She's already traveling through time every day. (dementia/Alzheimer's)

2) This is pulling from the best of my ability to interoperate the intention of the writer. The watches activate at Sun Jae's death. Meaning she is given 3 chances to change the past. So no matter if he's alive or dead, if she has the watch depending on what she's thinking about at the time she presses it it will send her back. 

Ingredients to make a timewatch: Im Sol in danger + Sun Jae willing to die for her and his strong emotions surrounding that + Kim Young Soo trying to hurt them both = timewatch created. 

To activate timewatch: Sun Jae has to die by Kim Young Soo's hands

To use timewatch for first time: Must be pressed after Sun Jae's death and that will then establish the jump point/return point 

Reusing timewatch: Must be pressed at the same time as the first time it was used. 

The only reason it's Midnight that she keeps coming back to is because she pressed the watch right after he was pronounced dead when she saw the news. With the second watch she sees that it's activated and can be used. As it has no association with her OG watch she can press it whenever to create a new jump/return point.

Woah! MadelineMaurine....Thanks for such an elaborate reply ???

All the explanations totally makes sense!! The creators have thought through it all pretty well. There aren't many loop holes

MadelineMaureen:

Thank you! I'll add this in the timeline! ?

Hi, I appreciate your beautiful summary. Could you be so kind to make the summary of the last episodes as well as you did with the first episodes, it's that I've been lost with so many questions or questions from other people (who are in their all and absolute right) but I've been lost and I found fascinating the order and the discipline of finding the dates. Thank you very much in advance

Gris Olive:

Hi, I appreciate your beautiful summary. Could you be so kind to make the summary of the last episodes as well as you did with the first episodes, it's that I've been lost with so many questions or questions from other people (who are in their all and absolute right) but I've been lost and I found fascinating the order and the discipline of finding the dates. Thank you very much in advance

I'll have episode 16 up in within the next few days. And I've been going back through the show and adding more to the original post to flesh out some points that I feel became important later. 

The Second half of the timeline is in a comment on page 4. Only a certain amount of text can be in the body of a post before it doesn't let you continue. It caused me to loose and have to re-write a lot of things. So everything after the 4th time jump after Sun Jae's death in 2009 will be in that comment. 

can someone explain me, what happened at the end of episode 2, when sunjae saved sol from accident and suddenly  something like flashback happened... the scene in which sol gives umbrella to sunjae at the ending point.....

Angelpoo097:

can someone explain me, what happened at the end of episode 2, when sunjae saved sol from accident and suddenly  something like flashback happened... the scene in which sol gives umbrella to sunjae at the ending point.....

It’s like an epilog, it a flashback to showing us Sunjae pov, that actually he likes Sol, how he met Sol and falling in love at first sight, and that he actually confused but happy when Sol notice him. 

This is the biggest plot twist IMO, he looks like cold in front of Sol but actually he downbad for her ?

This timeline is extremely detailed and useful! Thank you for compiling everything! There's just one teensy bit that should be corrected:

"January 27, 2024: ep 16(shot of Sun Jae's watch and phone on the ferry shows Sat, Jan 27 )

• Confirmation that Eclipse is a 3 member band (Based on the conversation had to get them to perform at Jae Ah's birthday party.) "

Sunjae is still technically a member of Eclipse in the current/final timeline. In the dating article that features Sol's blurred face, the first line of the Korean text mentions "Eclipse's vocalist and actor Ryu Sunjae." This is most easily seen around the 36:19 mark of ep 16, when Sunjae's dad is reviewing the article.

It wasn't explicitly stated in the show, nor made as apparent with the lack of translation for international viewers, but it's there. 

There's also context clues peppered throughout that suggest Sunjae is still a member of Eclipse/involved in music, i.e. the keyboard and music recording equipment in his home office, Sunjae playing a piano with Eclipse's name/logo in the agency studio (when he recorded the guide to Sonagi that got sent to Sol), etc.

This really is so good. I found some corrections in the dates for your consideration ?

Sept 2007 Ep 2 14:08 - Jagam School festival Sol fell for Taesong
June 1-15, 2008 Ep2 28:58 poster 27th Presidential Cup Swimming Tournament

June 10-sol confessed, sol returned to the past
June 11-mom asked for overdue fee
sol told the story of otter
sol met taesong because of cigarette
Sol asked sunjae to be ilchon
June 12-day before competition
Sunjae runs after the bus
Fingers up nose
Sol finding out about her power
Mom confronted dad for late fee
Granny celestial advised to delay being in the water for 3 days (so swim meet will be done)
Taesung in police station
Dad found tape
Sol remembering accident
Flying kisses
June 13- competition
Sunjae winning at 200m freestyle in 27th Presidential Cup
Samgyetang and photobooth date
Dad returned tape

July week 1-sunjae reinjured his shoulder both Sol's calendar at Ep3 32:58 and Vhs store caledar at Ep3 36:07 are in July
Fire at sol's house (maybe July 3 or 4)
July 7 (monday)-doctor's appointment
July 8-10 surgery and recovery
July 11-coffee jelly treat by Sol (Message was: Please take care of our Sunjae)
July 18- (one week after) Sol gave dad samgyetang cooked by grandma in preparation of chobok one of the hottest days of  summer (fell on july 19, 2008)
Confession/pool kiss
July 19-mature sol left 2008 (in 2008, they had half day schooltime every 1st, 3rd and 5th saturdays to do extracurricular activities)
July 29-mature sol returned to 2008
July 30-sunjae received commendation
CEO kim scouted sunjae
Electric fan scene

MicahEllen:
Sept 2007 Ep 2 14:08 - Jagam School festival Sol fell for Taesong
June 1-15, 2008 Ep2 28:58 poster 27th Presidential Cup Swimming Tournament

Thought I had written that it was the start of Im Sol's crush on Tae Sung...I had not...so thank you, I've updated that segment. 

June 1-15 is the application period for the competition, no? At least that's what I thought when I read the posters. 점수 기간 I thought it meant that you have to qualify/apply during that time. I froze Im Sol's calendar and she has his competition date as July 6.  If that's a different swim thing that doesn't happen because he's hurt might make sense as the Monday doctor appointment was what threw me the most, and had me questioning every date around that time.  

MicahEllen:
July 19-mature sol left 2008 (in 2008, they had half day schooltime every 1st, 3rd and 5th saturdays to do extracurricular activities)

THANK YOU FOR THE SCHOOL DAYS! I' ve been looking everywhere trying to figure this system out and NOTHING. I just knew that school at some point or other was 6 days a week because I remember watching a school show in 2010 and thinking "could not be me". 

I have no idea how to confirm with 100% certainty some of the dates even knowing this aka Tae Sung's birthday. Unless production has his profile as well and I missed it. 

점수 기간 is scoring period while 신청기간 is application period.

My Theory about the 4th timeline:

I noticed that people were confused about how Sol was able to stick around for so long in the final time travel.

The only clue we have of when Sol moves away from the video store is the cast on Sunjae's arm. So people assume that this took place in July. But Sunjae had two surgeries on his shoulder. One before the competition and one after the competition. 

This is referenced in Episode 2 at 29:00. 

So I believe that Sol moves away from the video store while Sunjae is recovering from the first surgery, before he re-injures in the competition and is forced to give up swimming.

I think this point clears up a lot of confusion about how Sol is able to change so much. She goes back to late April/ Early May 2008 and:

- Avoids Sunjae altogether

- Moves away from that area and never encounters the Taxi Driver

So she goes back only once. Let me know what y'all think of this!

SV:

I noticed that people were confused about how Sol was able to stick around for so long in the final time travel.

The only clue we have of when Sol moves away from the video store is the cast on Sunjae's arm. So people assume that this took place in July. But Sunjae had two surgeries on his shoulder. One before the competition and one after the competition. 

So I believe that Sol moves away from the video store while Sunjae is recovering from the first surgery, before he re-injures in the competition and is forced to give up swimming.

I think this point clears up a lot of confusion about how Sol is able to change so much. She goes back to late April/ Early May 2008 and:

Sunjae became Sol neighbor in Spring and meet Sol during umbrella scene, so I thought the 1st surgery is before he moved in.

I still thinking Sol move out after 2nd surgery

SV:

The only clue we have of when Sol moves away from the video store is the cast on Sunjae's arm. So people assume that this took place in July. But Sunjae had two surgeries on his shoulder. One before the competition and one after the competition. 

There's still a possibility that she goes back in July.

My theory is that in spite of not really having control of it, when she goes to the past, it's always to a time when she thinks she can possibly change Sunjae's fate and goes back to the future when she has done something to change her own and Sunjae's fate 

1st travel-before the competition where he reinjures his shoulders until after his first confession and after Taesung asked Sol to be his gf.

2nd travel-before Sunjae gets scouted by CEO Kim until she escaped from her first attack and Sunjae successfully saved her.

3rd travel-before her 2nd attack to after the psycho has been caught and Sunjae has died. Even if she had not activated the 2nd watch, she would have gone to the future soon.

4th travel-before the Sonaki moment (heartbreak) until the Ims moved from their house severing possible interaction with the Ryus altogether (it would have been more possible to convince her family to move if the house fire happened, also that was the trigger for Geum and Hyunju's relationship).

in episode  8 at 29:30, (Jan, 2023) why did In Hyuk said,"how can sunjae fall for Im Sol,the moment he meets her after 10 years"? .. Isn't it 15 years?  i couldn't understand this gap... din't they meet after 15 years...from a long gap of 2008/2009 to 2023.....