yichae:
Ep 10's title is Hello my soulmate..

It is Kim Dami's upcoming film which adapted from Chinese movie with the same title Soulmate.. after i watched ep 10.. Personally i think, The 'soulmate' is reffering to Ji Woong.. because he's the one who always on Choi Woong's side even before Woong dated Yeon soo..And after watching and observing episode 10.. yeah.. the main focus is about Ji woong and choi woong's friendship..

Thank you for sharing! That is such a clear comparison, i enjoy reading it! <3
As for the original movie, i read people post spoiler about it... and people said the ml was such a jerk XD 

@yichae I love Soulmate (2016)!! The movie's great, heartbreaking and tragic as it is. I definitely see Ansheng-Qiyue in CW-JW.  All the parallels you listed especially the beginning of the movie and this drama are spot on but sure hope this drama will not go or end in similar way as Ansheng-Qiyue's, I'd cry tons T,T

OST Pt. 8 Update

Cover Thumbnail for Sam Kim - Summer Rain. Can't wait for the official release! 
Also soon we will get Yang Yo Seob - I Still Like You ✊

Korean lyric

우리 같이 걷던 곳 그 골목 어귀 어딘가
너와 나누곤 했던 수줍었던 얘기들

너는 나를 쉬게 하고 마음에 넘실거리던 웃음
자꾸 내게 기웃대던 시선

살짝 맞닿는 어깨 스치는 손등도 좋아
함께 나란히 걷고 콧노래도 음으음

어떤 말도 내겐 다 감추지 않아도 돼
내게 쉬어가
혼자서 울지마 혼자 아프지마
cause i'm the only one, only one for you

너는 나를 쉬게 하고 너의 세상에 나를 그려줘
그 곳에 머무르고 싶어

우리 같이 걷던 곳 그 골목 어귀 어딘가
비를 막아주던 그 여름날의 너는
English Translation

Somewhere at the alley where we used to walk together
The shy things I used to share with you

You make me rest with laughter that fills my heart
The gaze that kept leaning on me

I like the lightly touching shoulders and the back of the hands rubbing against each other
We walk side by side and hum together

You don't have to hide everything from me
rest with me
Don't cry alone, don't be hurt alone
cause i'm the only one, only one for you

you let me rest and picture me in your world
I want to stay there

Somewhere at the alley where we used to walk together
You who blocked the rain on that summer day

Update

I have written few literature reference and shared it on my feeds! T___T
The things I wrote ended up true so yeap I am proud of myself

Theory I have written with Literature Reference
click thumbnail for details
coming soon

oh my goodness, good job in gathering the data and creating this article! It's so cool! I'm amazed especially at the title and its meaning for each episode. I do notice it's referenced to movie title, but didn't bother to think about what it means :"D I'm ecstatic that I found this article! XD

icesea:

oh my goodness, good job in gathering the data and creating this article! It's so cool! I'm amazed especially at the title and its meaning for each episode. I do notice it's referenced to movie title, but didn't bother to think about what it means :"D I'm ecstatic that I found this article! XD

i hope you enjoy reading this forum! im so happy whenever there is someone who check this thread <3
also some other obs related ted-talk i made!

summer thread  |  winter thread  |  post 1  |  post 2  |  post 3  |  post 4  |  post 5

Wow! I am in awe of this in depth analysis. *slow clap*

Thank you so much for all of your hard work in putting this together. This drama is so beautiful, but your detailed explanations make it 10x better. 

EMardy

I had some ideas that may elaborate on each episode’s name being a movie title. I have chosen not to include the endings of the movies, (happy, sad/tragic, open) as a courtesy to readers but I do believe that the movie endings speak to the episodes and the overall direction the drama is going.

Episode 3: Things I Hate About You

The movie reference, 10 Things I Hate About You, can also be seen as a further reference to William Shakespeare’s comedy, The Taming of the Shrew. The characters’ names, Stratford and Verona further emphasize the relationship between the two works. The play describes the volatile relationship between the male and female protagonists and the courtship between the shrewish Katharine and the intelligent Petruchio, who is determined to subdue Katharina’s legendary temper and win her over. The main story is offered as a play within a play much like the documentary inside the drama.

Episode 5: A Secret That Can’t Be Told

Written, directed, acted, and the musical score composed byJay Chou. The lyrics of the title song go as follows:

The Secret That Can’t Be Told, by Jay Chou

The cold coffee leaves the coaster I hold my feelings very far back

I work hard wanting to get the past back
 You can still see it as always clearly on my face

The most beautiful thing wasn’t the rainy day
 It was the eaves that you and I once took shelter under from the rain

The images of our memories
 As I’m swinging on the swing
 The dream starts to not be sweet

You say gradually let go of love
 Then you will walk farther 
Why go changing
 The time that has already been missed

You use your fingertip. 
To stop me from saying goodbye 
I imagine you by my side 
Before I completely lose you

You say gradually let go of love 
Then you will walk farther 
Perhaps the lot of fate 
Only let us meet

Only let us love each other
 For this one season of autumn 
I only discover after they float down
 The fragments of this happiness
 How am I going to pick them up?

To me the song evokes the image of transition from Summer to Autumn. From sunshine to the coolness of the coffee, the falling of the leaves, and the seasonal moving from life to death.

Episode 8: Before Sunset

The film’s seemingly simple presentation of two past lovers meeting after many years apart is really a little deceiving. The analysis of fate and destiny, the questions about current responsibilities, and the conscious and unconscious actions and reactions all play into the motivations of the two protagonists. While romantic love is front and center, the struggle to “do the right thing” creates great physical, mental, and emotional tension.

Episode 10: Hello, My Soul Mate

HMSM is an upcoming drama starring  Kim Da-mi and is a remake of the Chinese drama Soulmate. The drama will focus on the lifelong friendship of two very different girls who meet when they are thirteen years old. The drama will look back at nature of the fourteen year friendship. It will focus on their years of separation and reunion, love and friendship, longings and jealousy.

Episode 11: Our Nights Are More Beautiful Than …

A brilliant computer programmer has a unknown disease that will rob him of his talent and life. He meets and follows a woman who performs as a psychic in a nightclub act. He is determined to give their relationship a chance despite numerous obstacles and memories of trauma that haunt them both. “Here is about knowing; about shedding the masks we wear and putting the performative aspects of life at rest; and about understanding mutual experiences and suffering.” Samm Deighan, Andrzej Zulawski Retrospective: My Nights Are More Beautiful Than Your Days, May 29, 2016, https://diaboliquemagazine.com.

Episode 13: Love Actually

I really didn’t like this movie. Although it was set at Christmas time, the whole mood was puzzling and inconsistent. Is Christmas really that romantic? Is this a Christmas movie or not? It had a sort of strident conviction that people can fall in love without really knowing each other and that they don’t even need to learn anything about the other person to confirm their initial attraction. At least every couple didn’t have a happy ending.

Episode 14: Life is Beautiful

Set against the very dark and depressing backdrop of WWII and the Holocaust, this is a movie about the human spirit and about rescuing whatever is good and hopeful from the wreckage of dreams. It’s about hope for the future and the necessity of conviction (or delusion) that things will be better for those who remain after we are gone.

EMardy:
I had some ideas that may elaborate on each episode’s name being a movie title. I have chosen not to include the endings of the movies, (happy, sad/tragic, open) as a courtesy to readers but I do believe that the movie endings speak to the episodes and the overall direction the drama is going.

Thank you for sharing your perspective!! I really enjoy your version <3