https://www.soompi.com/article/1367681wpp/vagabond-staff-addresses-possibility-of-season-2

I think we all need a commonplace to vent our frustration with how they've decided to end the show this time.

Personally I was shocked to read the above article that even though this show was planned and produced with Season 2 in mind, they haven't completed the extended screenwriting yet.

At this stage I'm expecting that we'd have to wait several years for the new season to come, considering they only aired this after a year of full production completion. According to the article as well, the planning/preparation stage is much longer not having taken into account the writing stage.

What have been your thoughts, opinion and theorizing in this matter? This is definitely not like some OCN network shows where they have 3 seasons of Voice series quite back-to-back, as well as some others. 

This wait feels more like Signal 2, and Stranger 2, both of which are considerably spaced out from the first season. What are your thoughts and do you think the new season can outperform this one?

Honestly, I'm still hoping for some kind of signal that they are already working on season 2 or that they filmed more episodes and decided to split them into two seasons. I still can't wrap my mind about the fact that they planned the whole thing with two seasons and just stop after one... that's the American style.

If there is really no seasons 2 because of schedule problems, I can't help to be a bit disappointed in the lead actors (and I never thought I would say something like this about dear Seung Gi). Why do they work so hard on a great drama, knowing that it won't be finished in one season and than they don't have the time or will to work on a second season. I can live with an open ending but a cliffhanger for a second season that will never come... that's just really mean.

The cliffhanger itself was perfect. Hae Ri went from Rookie agent to a very hot (and dangerous) lobbyist, who works with Jessica, and Dal Geon has now Lily and her North Korean sidekick as his allies. Now they might even have a chance against Edward Park. Another point, I look forward to, is the reunion between Hae Ri and Dal Geon. Their relationship would be on a whole new level because of the cruel way they were separated and they really grew up during their time apart.

After reading your post - I'm reminded about another spy drama with a horrible ending and a promised season 2 that after much delay didn't live up to the first: IRIS.

Vagabond season 2 could look very different - especially as its not even being worked on at present. I wouldn't be surprised if they make either of the leads (more likely to be Dal Geon due to LSG's schedule) as dead, introduce another character and try to wrap up the story that way.

Lee Seung Gi has already confirmed that if fans really want a second season and the production company decides to make one, he would return as Cha Dal Geon. I was a bit surprised that he is the first of the leads to do so, because he seemed to be a bit overworked and definitely needs some rest. Besides that, he had problems with his voice and I doubt that all this hard work (stunts, shouting, filming in the desert) would be good for his vocal cords. 

On the other hand I was a bit shocked by some comments about Go Hae Ri. After the last episode, most people seem to see her as some kind of prostitute, who sells her body to make business deals. First of all I doubt that Suzy would return to play such a role. Secondly I don’t understand why a woman can’t be successful in this kind of business without sleeping with her clients. She may use her female charms and let man think, that she is only a pretty little thing to make them careless, but the real game is, to find their weakness and use it against them.  A man (like Edward) only needs to be clever, charming and ruthless to be a good lobbyist, but a woman can’t do that and has to be a hooker? 

I have no problem to wait a while for a second season, if the writing shows all this time and effort. 

@PapaET

Is IRIS worth watching  despite it’s lacking second season? After Vagabond I need another spy  or action drama because my typical romcoms now seem rather boring... 

Thanks for that insight into what Lee Seung Gi has said. I think I’d watch a Season 2 if he was in it. 

As for IRIS, it’s very similar to Vagabond. The action scenes may not be as good, but definitely more realistic. There is more romance, in fact, the romance part is quite good and genuinely brings up tension in the story. And the North Korean involvement is much better. On the flip side, Kim Tae Hee’s acting isn’t great (but Lee Byung Hun is ok and Kim So Yeon is fantastic) and the ending is unexpected in a bad way - many lose ends too. I’d recommend it. 

story was typical and kinda predictable...
gotta ending is kinda disappointing... not because of being an open ending, but where they stopped is no where!!!
I would surely watch it, if there is a second season...I hope there is one!
i hope there is , i hate incomplete stories!!!

There's an irony that both dramas that have starred Lee Seung Gi & Suzy together ended in such a way. :-( At least this sequel seems a bit more potentially likely to happen...

Seriously and LSG just signed for another drama so it seems like season 2 is a lost cause.

Just randomly watched Vagabond since it just scrolled through my list, I haven't seen reviews and whatnots therefore I was just informed about the ending being open after trying to find reviews on MDL during somewhere on the 10th or 11th episode already. At first I won't believe the reviews (haha I learned not to trust some because I had the experience reading one but the ending was totally different), but after seeing it for myself, I should say it really needs season 2. You know that feeling of satisfaction you get everytime Hae Ri and Dal Geon would win over the most powerful, but the ending just left everything (and everyone) go berserk thinking where did all those effort end now that Hae Ri is not an ordinary NIS agent and Dal Geon is not an ordinary stuntman anymore. 

I am hoping for a season 2 as well, because the main story line wasn't even tied up. I hope the mains won't lose their intrinsic personality and don't become cliches of themselves. I like their everyday man/woman turned heroes. 

I'd also love to see the same back team back: I'd miss Mr Gi, Chief Joo Chul, Wa Sook etc...and especially the chicken guy hacker. Unfortunately, I doubt they'll show up and that makes me sad. I like seeing known characters in a new season!

I guess it it will all depend whether Go Hae Ri is still in touch with  them or has completely gone solo. The villains are coming back, that's for sure, and I love that they are clever, rather than being stereotyped "too cruel to think". Edward is one cunning fox, he was a great match to Joo Chul IMO (more than Gi who was supposed to be so smart but ended up...not so).

I would also hope for the second season to end properly rather than have a season 3, and with a happy ending. A proper one, all pink and rosy after the many deaths and hard times. Baddies lose, goodies win. A proper relationship between the leads. Friends reunited. Justice done and dusted. I'm not hard to please!

The show doesn’t need a season what it needs is a sequel in the form of a movie to wrap up all the loose ends otherwise the show would get ruined.

all that is needed in the movie

wrap up the romantic plot

kill samael and reveal axis to the world the main character doesnt need to fight them anymore...

no point dragging the show through another potential disastrous storyline 

MartinS0896:

The show doesn’t need a season what it needs is a sequel in the form of a movie to wrap up all the loose ends otherwise the show would get ruined.

all that is needed in the movie

wrap up the romantic plot

kill samael and reveal axis to the world the main character doesnt need to fight them anymore...

no point dragging the show through another potential disastrous storyline 

Good point, this is what I need from this show,  if not, they ruined the show, pity.

Just finished the first season yesterday with my mom, really disappointed and hope there will be a second season announced eventually. IMDb states as if the show is finished 2019-19 but if Netflix decides they can't do that there should at least be a movie wrapping up all lose ends. 

Can we start petition for a second season or a movie to wrap it up?  How would one go about that?  Does a petition already exist?

I wish that would work.