Rizhu:

What slice of life? Ex calling my mom as "mother" for 8 long years after breakup. its way beyond inappropriate and screams 'needy'.  Or staying away from a city for 8 years because your ex lives there? That is a pathetic guy who cant get over a break up, and see the beauty of life. 

Did you miss the scene where the two mothers said they'd be mothers to each other's children in case one of them dies so their child isn't left motherless? Both kids have always had two mums.  

He was never a city boy, to begin with, and only went because Samdal did. Others created that narrative about staying away because his ex lives there. Everything else points to him staying in Samdalri because his loved ones are still there and he wants to protect them.  

I find the reverse ridiculous where Samdal stayed away from seeing her parents for eight years because of her ex. Super ridiculous. 

I want to like this drama so bad as I love Ji Chang Wook and Shin Hye Sun.  But...all the yelling, excessive drinking and constant slapping is really turning me off.   The character of the FL is not likable and her attitude is so over the top.  And the ML is coming across so spinelessly weak, kowtowing to his father and the FL.  He really needs to grow a pair!  I will continue to watch.  I've come this far.

ymynym:

ppl should consider the 'not interested' button instead. 

Yeah 

I really like the show, I think it's so hilarious ( but yeah I don't approve of drinking)

I want to see how it goes!

Rizhu:

Where did you see the ratings and review? Because here its 8.4 rated and i think its a good number. But im in the middle of ep 2. and I would give this drama 2 stars.

ArjuhiSharma:

Slice of life dramas aren’t for everyone. I have noticed that most people who like this drama are in their mid to late 20s or early 30s, who have moved on from cheesy romance and fantasy to something more realistic and natural. And those audience aren’t on my drama list and rarely care about rating the dramas. The response is quite good on instagram and X and ratings in Korea is also really good and better than some of the popular dramas (online). It’s also on top 10 on Netflix in many countries, despite the lack of promotions. It’s a really good comfort drama (easily my favorite in 2023) that I will probably rewatch over and over again (and I rarely rewatch dramas). Hope people don’t miss out on this gem due to hate comments on this platform. 

Correct. I second this. People who are into school romance, fantasy, action etc would not like this drama. One needs to be matured enough to understand the meaning and true essence of this drama and appreciate it. 

One needs to have some experience in life and also, understanding of various relationships in order to truly appreciate this drama. Some people would give low rating and negative review just after 1 or two episodes. But surprisingly, I loved the drama from the very first episode. Some people are in great hurry or too prejudiced to appreciate good things. People need to understand that this drama is beyond revenge, feminism, substance use etc... 

I actually decided to watch this drama because of the main lead actors Ji Chang Wook and Shin Hye Sun.  The actors' acting is indeed good but about the drama I would say overall I find it to be full of clichés so far and I'm not really excited to watch the next episode after watching an episode. Maybe I had high expectations to begin with. I also expected it to be a calming and healing type, well which it is somewhat.  It's not really bad I would say. It has some good things to it too. But again, I would say it's overall filled with clichés and the story is slow paced so you don't get excited about it. It is a good watch for holidays when you want to binge watch a simple yet somewhat nice drama.

It is a slice of life drama. As it has reached its fourteenth episode, it is convenient to say the drama fell out at one point- the much expected twist.

If you have watched Hometown Cha Cha Cha, then you will start guessing the episode as Sam Dal returns to her hometown. Her banter with Yong Pil does not stir heart. The second hero gets little to do even in case of showcasing his feeling.  Lack of surprises is one of the reason for poor rating .But this is not a bad drama. It will be a fun binge watch for your sad long nights. 

8.4 isn't a bad rating, people on here expect everything should be a 10 and when it isn't people have a sook.

If people don't watch this based on other people's rating that's on them.

ArjuhiSharma:

Slice of life dramas aren’t for everyone. I have noticed that most people who like this drama are in their mid to late 20s or early 30s, who have moved on from cheesy romance and fantasy to something more realistic and natural. And those audience aren’t on my drama list and rarely care about rating the dramas. The response is quite good on instagram and X and ratings in Korea is also really good and better than some of the popular dramas (online). It’s also on top 10 on Netflix in many countries, despite the lack of promotions. It’s a really good comfort drama (easily my favorite in 2023) that I will probably rewatch over and over again (and I rarely rewatch dramas). Hope people don’t miss out on this gem due to hate comments on this platform. 

THIS IS SO REAL! Yes!!! We need more dramas like these. Ngl dramas like Business proposal and King the land are a nice refresher once in a while BUT THIS is what we really need. The depth in this story, the way all characters were given their own storyline and progression. This is how a drama should be. It was 16 eps but it felt like a lot longer because of the pacing.

RuthOHara:

I want to like this drama so bad as I love Ji Chang Wook and Shin Hye Sun.  But...all the yelling, excessive drinking and constant slapping is really turning me off.   The character of the FL is not likable and her attitude is so over the top.  And the ML is coming across so spinelessly weak, kowtowing to his father and the FL.  He really needs to grow a pair!  I will continue to watch.  I've come this far.

Excessive drinking seems to be a Korean trademark. Could it be related to the high suicide rate and high percentage of younger people who want to leave the country? Kdramas won't show smoking but glorify drunkenness.

Half of the Genz kids are still busy on tik toks. They havnt come to face the struggle. They havn't connected to the real world. Those are the ones who are so mad over craze on this drama.

It was obvious that the haters didn't even continue the drama and made low rating despite only seen first couple of eps ???‍♀️?‍♀️

This was a great drama, way better than most of those shallow romcoms that teens here give 8.5 rating to ?‍♀️