haruny:

Since it's very likely that Dong Baek's mother is involved somehow with the Joker too. What if it's her husband aka Dong Baek's father? We dont really know anything about her dad, at least I dont remember him being mentioned. He could also be the reason her mother had to abandon her, so that Dong Baek wouldn't get involved with her psycho/murderer dad?

I thought about that as well, but I can't think of anyone around them that's old enough. Even the police chief seems too young, but that's hard to say for certain. The fact that we've seen no flashbacks of her childhood prior to being abandoned may mean something, though, so I'm going to watch with a more critical eye for this!

Edit: Maybe this is why she's still alive, though. Maybe the killer is trying to fight the urge to kill her if she's his daughter? 

haruny:

Amazing theory!! I do think her mother is involved in all this too.

But the part where you said "It would also explain how Dongbaek was saved by the fire alarm and why her mother's footprints were also at the scene of the murder" Her mom's footprints were there too? I dont really remember, which episode did they show that? :o

Sorry I had to go back to find it, but it's episode 5, around the 18 minute mark when he's reviewing the case files.

peekxaxboo:

I'm starting to suspect Hyang Mi. Her behavior and way of being are really suspicious, but it's a good way of not getting police attention. Also that she has been working with Dongbaek for a long time and she knows her really well. And as Noh Kyu Tae himself noticed, Hyang Mi isn't that stupid

Also think it's her. 

yhang:

I'm thinking of this, too. Plus, Hyang Mi is hella scary. That blank look she gives scares me lmao. The lighter makes sense as well since she smokes and pretty much nicks every lighter she sees lying arond. I'm thinking that if she was really the one who died on the lake(?), she might have committed suicide or she was killed by the people who loaned her money.

The hints that also made me think it is her. 

Though if ever she is Joker, i doubt she would kill herself. Psychopaths are too narcissistic to ever do that. There is no possible reason for suicide unless its like mass murder or killing spree for these type of sick people. I mean, he is like the zodiac killer or UNAbomber who even mocks the police.  

Anyway hyangMi is the one that makes sense as killer to me for now. She definitely is someone fairly new in Dongbaeks life. Fairly NEW, because I think she only connected with DB by applying as waitress, after DB opened camellia. I mean, she didnt know who Pilgu's dad was at the start, so she was not in DB life before. . 

Thus I wonder why work at Camellia then? Her hiding from The people she has loans from is the obvious excuse why she would decide to work in a very provencial place. But is it really true?!? 

my other guess is Seungyeob, there really is no hints or reasoning behind this other than I've seen Lee Sangyi as an actor do awesome and memorable asshole/psychopath characterization. He definitely has the chops to play serial killer psycho Joker.   I personally want and hope him do psychopath character everyone will rmemeber

The Joker is a man, there is evidence, such as the size of the shoe, the strength he used to kill the victims and the fact that he was coughing when Dongbaek was in the esthetic, it was definitely a man.  HyangMi is definitely related to the Joker, but I’m not sure if she kind of knew something about him or just that she is the one that is killed later. Also, I have some unanswered questions about her, why does she want to go to Copenhague? Why does she needs 1 million won?

I agree that Dongbaek’s mother probably knows something about the murderer and she is trying to protect her daughter. Or maybe she felt guilty for abandoning her daughter and was always watching her. One of those ideas could explain how Dongbaek was saved 5 years ago.

As I have read in other replys, it would be devastating that a known character was the actual Joker. However, the guy that always repairs everything in the bar isn’t that charismatic ( or idk how to describe it) to be discarded as the killer. I suspect of him, but I also think he is too young to be the culprit. 

I think I need to wait some more episodes to guess or build a theory of who may be the culprit.

@Rea

The guy who repairs things at Camellia isn't that young.  IF he is the culprit and was in his early 20s when the murders started happening, then he would be in his late 20s.  Remember, it was just 5 years since it started.

peekxaxboo:

I'm starting to suspect Hyang Mi. Her behavior and way of being are really suspicious, but it's a good way of not getting police attention. Also that she has been working with Dongbaek for a long time and she knows her really well. And as Noh Kyu Tae himself noticed, Hyang Mi isn't that stupid. 

yhang:

I'm thinking of this, too. Plus, Hyang Mi is hella scary. That blank look she gives scares me lmao. The lighter makes sense as well since she smokes and pretty much nicks every lighter she sees lying arond. I'm thinking that if she was really the one who died on the lake(?), she might have committed suicide or she was killed by the people who loaned her money. 

But isn't there a scene where she's lying inside the bar and Joker is sitting in the back? Doesn't that disqualify her as a Joker?

Kwon Sa Ra:

But isn't there a scene where she's lying inside the bar and Joker is sitting in the back? Doesn't that disqualify her as a Joker?

I thought about that part as well. But what if it was told through Hyangmi? I know this theory is a shot in the dark but  there is something really eerie about her that makes help potentail as a serial killer very plausible XD

I don't think he's the police chief either. But I do think he has a suspect and never had the courage to face him. I suspect that it is Mr. No, the inferiority complex he feels with his wife gives to take it off by killing. And I also think that the person who appears dead is Hyang Mi ... she must have taken Dongbaek's Germanium bracelet for her kleptomania and was murdered. However, this contradicts my assassin theory, because Mr. No, he was moved to hear that she felt Respect for him. A word I had never heard before. I hardly think I would like to kill Hyang Mi for that, unless he confused her and murdered her by mistake. Yeez, this drama twists my stomach in anticipation

yhang:

I thought about that part as well. But what if it was told through Hyangmi? I know this theory is a shot in the dark but  there is something really eerie about her that makes help potentail as a serial killer very plausible XD

OH GOSH! Until the end of this drama I will stay crazy. lol

MisatoKatsuragi:

I don't think he's the police chief either. But I do think he has a suspect and never had the courage to face him. I suspect that it is Mr. No, the inferiority complex he feels with his wife gives to take it off by killing. And I also think that the person who appears dead is Hyang Mi ... she must have taken Dongbaek's Germanium bracelet for her kleptomania and was murdered. However, this contradicts my assassin theory, because Mr. No, he was moved to hear that she felt Respect for him. A word I had never heard before. I hardly think I would like to kill Hyang Mi for that, unless he confused her and murdered her by mistake. Yeez, this drama twists my stomach in anticipation

If the Joker is Mr. No will be too obvious. I don't think he is the joker.

MisatoKatsuragi:

Yeah I don't think Mr No will be The Joker either, the writers have made him out to be the comedic relief villain, and have made the petty conflicts revolve around him so far. They wouldn't then do a 180 and make him out to be this crazy psycho killer, I just don't see it. I think the Joker will turn out the be a whole new character outside of the people that live in that town, maybe one that has yet to be introduced yet. I saw a comment higher up that mention Dongbaek's long lost brother, or father, and I can see that happening. But also, these murders didn't revolve around Dongbaek from the start did they? She was just coincidentally there for that of her friends, and that lead her to be a target. So I can't see it being a family member, as that would be a HUGE coincidence. 

Anyway, when it's revealed I'm sure it's going to be some crazy convoluted weird thing, and that we're all going to lose our cool because of it.  

Could it be that YongShik has split personality?
First, the scene in episode 3 when he is painting the wall heung shik is scraching under the table to write something on the wall can be explained like the chief once said it was a trend for people to write joker messages on the wall just for fun. So it doesn't mean he is the joker.
Second, Yong shik does not have any man friend beside chief
Third, when he falls in love with dongbaek at libraryand claims it was love at first sight what if he felt dejavu because had seen her before in beauty salon? Cause he obviously tells she is not his (yong shik) type he likes intelligent type ,but maybe is the joker's type.
Fourth, he mentions in the bus he had many girlfriends but either is lying or not he says he doesnt know why he was cheated on by her and we believe it is because he talks too much but what if it is not?
The joker was athletic young man when he jumped off the window and could it be that all his coughing is gone when his personality is back to yongshik.
db mother has arrived ro protect db but we can ask where was she all these five years before db started with yongshik? Remember she peed herself at police station maybe because she was confronting with yong shik.

Don't you think his overal personality is wierd and unbelievable? all his over the top honesty, purity,chasing her without getting dissapointed telling her the most cliche loyalty statements is authomatic repetitive and machine like? while we dont see him having any other relationships with other than police chief , I mean this type of pure heart must have many friends around him but we dont get to see any of his private life fir example when he is in his room alone but he is the male lead and we have seen second lead's private life and friends.Even No Kyu tae has had his scenes .Or maybe all this is just matter of bad writing .Sorry for terrible English.

@Niloonili 

I personally don't think Yong Shik has a split personality, if the writers really make him have this condition it would get too crazy lol

I think his character is just exactly what the writers make him to be: someone who is innocently and passionately in love with a woman that has many charms. He is there to be an (mostly) emotional support for Dong Baek, to be her friend before being a love interest. This part of him who seems unrealistic because of his "over the top honesty, purity, chasing her without getting dissapointed", imo just shows that in today's society there aren't many man who are like that towards a girl, unfortunately, which in result may seem unrealistic to some people, just because it's very rare for a man to love a woman without wanting anything back.

Anyway, and the part where you said he doesn't have many friends aside from the police guys, well I think he actually is friends with that baseball coach and the other neighbors, since he was raised there to begin with. But he probably isn't as close to them now because remember, he just came back to Ongsan because he got transferred from Seoul's police station. Another reason could be because he is 1. Short-tempered and we all know how some people in Ongsan get on our nerves lol and how he gets into fights pretty easily and 2. Almost everyone in the neighborhood is against Dong Baek, thus he ends up being against almost everyone, since he will defend Dong Baek every chance he gets.

The fact that he doesn't get many scenes about his private life, as I see it, is probably because the writers are just trying to make him an simple and passionate character, that at the moment revolves around Dong Baek. Also Dong Baek herself already has too many problems surrounding her, if Yong Shik had too many problems too it would make everyone go mad laksjdlajd

I could be wrong about him tho but anyway, that's just how I see him as a character.

I agree with @haruny 

This wouldn't be marked as a romantic comedy if Youngshik turned out to be the Joker. I think, like the comment above, the writers are trying to make him as simple as possible and make him the sweet romanticist that he is. 

I think it's more plausible that it would be Hyangmi, I know the writers are deliberately making her seem a bit shady at the moment, so maybe that's to throw us off track, but at the same time are can't help to think that she's shady for a reason, that she must have something to do with it. 

But then it's been noted that she could be the body in that flashback, which I also find plausible. Anyway the moral of this is that I really have no clue on who it could be, but I have a lot of opinions on who it CAN'T be. 

At this point, I agree with @haruny  to.

When you have the chance to see the similarity of the roles of Kang Ha Neul:  always gloomy characters, always difficult life, poor, traumatized and hurt, fearful of being happy... 

Suddenly he returns from the military service, and give him this role so refreshing, so "Wound washer " which I find impossible to believe that he is the joker. 

No, not in a million years, NOT for god's sake!