After watching episode 8 i am convinced that Dongbaek's estranged and demented mother  is the joker. While she is shopping and walking with Hyang Mi she says the words  'dont be joke....tired of everyone being a joke'. She was present when the security cctv was installed, she knows her way around the carmellia . The clue from a prior episode showing a black boot with flour could also mean that it was her because she is constantly in the kitchen cooking. I also think that it was Hyang Mi who dies by the hand of the Joker because there is also a scene from episode 8 that shows Dongbaek taking off her bracelet while sitting and having a yarn with Hyang Mi.

I have one theory of who joker may be. The one we all may point at the plumber guy. He has a 50% chance that he may be joker because looking at the scene where joker was there when Yong Shik was painting before that happened after the plumber was done with his work Dongbeak asked him to stay over for food...so he was there during the painting scene. (that is the only theory I have for now). Am I the only one that finds the Mum weird in episode 10 she told Hyang Mi "not to joke or she will die" I found that line very familiar to joker I am not saying she is. But I think she may know or not know joker . or just a way of directors trying to confuse you

Stevie70:

just like his character in the movie Forgotten 

first of all a spoiler for people who didn't watch that.....but in that one it worked well.....what I'm saying is people get attached to romance really fast and so in this drama having all this developed romance only to have him be a criminal is U_U disappoint

I dont think Yong shik is the joker. This is based on the latest episode 10.

At around the 1:01:00 mark you can see db and ys walking past the alley where hyang mi and the person who places cat food (which ys suspects is joker) is found.

The figure was that of a man so its probably not db's mom (who has a bigger build) and not the lawyer wife (based on how hyang mi spoke with him).

pjune:

I dont think Yong shik is the joker. This is based on the latest episode 10.

At around the 1:01:00 mark you can see db and ys walking past the alley where hyang mi and the person who places cat food (which ys suspects is joker) is found.

The figure was that of a man so its probably not db's mom (who has a bigger build) and not the lawyer wife (based on how hyang mi spoke with him).

agreed

My guess is Seung Yeob (the baseball coach). They showed him in the first few episodes and suddenly he was no longer on scene much. He's at the places, has the access and fits most of the clues.

I'm inclined to believe that it's Hyeung Sik (the plumber & CCTV guy), because of the free peanuts (being a well-liked regular), the gloves, the timing of him being there to hear that the walls must be repainted (knowing his message might be seen), in the hardware store where he works No Gyutae was messing with a wire that looked identical to the garrote used in the other murder (refer back to when Yong Shik is recalling his entire day since buying the security camera) and because he is the one who installed it. 

Also, we know that he would carry around a lighter because he smokes with Hangyi (the moment when Dongbaek grabs Young Shik's hand in the street and everyone comes out of the side alley to see it). I really do think that the heavy (maybe smoker's) cough will be key and the shoes- not to mention that the few glimpses we have of the joker show them to have a fairly slim build and a "younger" style hoodie.

I marathoned this show today and just have a lot of thoughts! Let me know if ya'll pick up more-  or interpret the data with different conclusions drawn! :)

My guess is the police chief! He is involved in the investigation and insisted on doing an interview where he got to say that the police have no idea who joker is! Serial killers a lot of the time crave attention, so being able to go on tv like that was probably really satisfying. He's also super trusted by everyone and can avoid yongsik catching on

Idk why but I think it’s him too. Guess it’s just a gut instinct and nothing deep. Also they’ve made the plumber appear too shady and i feel like they’re just trying to distract the audience.

mochiki:

My guess is Seung Yeob (the baseball coach). They showed him in the first few episodes and suddenly he was no longer on scene much. He's at the places, has the access and fits most of the clues.

Lydia:

My guess is the police chief! He is involved in the investigation and insisted on doing an interview where he got to say that the police have no idea who joker is! Serial killers a lot of the time crave attention, so being able to go on tv like that was probably really satisfying. He's also super trusted by everyone and can avoid yongsik catching on

But the cough doesn't seem too connected to him. Someone with such a serious cough is likely to have it at anytime with people around. And since he spent such a long time at  DB s bar, I'm sure she would've heard it atleast once or twice?? 

mochiki:

I think this too. He is the person who has access to DB, even he isn't with her, through her son, Jong Ryeol and Yong Shik. And has the perfect excuse to know things about her without need to ask ou spy her all the time.

He's connected to Jong Ryeol too, ex-boyfriend of BD and Pil Gu father. And somehow I believe that he knows about the relation between Pil Gu and Jong Ryeol.

In the first episodes, we can see that he's close to Yong Shik, like best friends, after all, YS tells him about the girl he know in the bookstore. And through this friendship he have informations about DB too.

And, if Hyang Mi will be killied by the joker, I believe that motive is: HM discover that he's the Joker, she blackmails him and he kills her.

To me make too much sense. And for u, guys?

The culprit has been revealed in episode 22 (ep 11 in Netflix)!  I was right (refer to one of my earlier comments)  And Yong Shik saw him!

But then, since there are still several episodes left, I'm getting the feeling of a major plot twist.  Aaahhhh!

The latest episode showed him feeding the cat, but I Feel that it is too early on let us know that he is the joker. Since we do know that it is Hyang mi that died, and that even if she disappear no one noticed, but is it still to soon to tell in my opinion. Her mom seems suspicious too, but I hope it is just the writer is trying to trick us, but I can't wait until tomorrow episode for more clues! 

Everything feels so fishy now that we know Hyang Mi is the one who dies and that Hong Shik is the one who has been feeding the cats. Because Hyang Mi called the guy she met which was feeding the cats an "ahjussi" and Hong Shik definitely isn't older than her to be called ahjussi (even the actor himself is younger than Son Dambi lol)

I think the Joker has connections to other people and he uses them somehow to evade suspicion. Right now I really have no idea anymore who could be the actual Joker omg 

I found this on tumblr: https://kyoru.co.vu/post/188547575757/another-episode-and-still-have-no-idea-who-the 

Yet another suspect that could be the Joker lol