it's sad, so who will become the next empress?

Consort Yue,  mother of third prince

vesca:

Empress asked for that as her son wasn't fit to make a good emperor and the only way to make third prince being a crown prince was to get empress demoted... 

Thank you so much for your explanation.  

Then does the 3rd prince becomes the next crown prince? Is he actually good then?

Pandaisy6zzz:

Then does the 3rd prince becomes the next crown prince? Is he actually good then?

Yes, and he is the future emperor. He's a good person. So is his mom. 3rd prince and Consort Yue are not villains and 1st prince and the empress aren't either. It's just an unfortunate situation. The empress and 1st prince/current crown prince have the same personality and that kind of personality isn't suitable to rule the country well. 

Pandaisy6zzz:

Thanks busterboy for all the amazing summary!

Would you happen to know what happened to the bullies:
1. Princess Yuchang and her crony (Wang Jin)

2. 5th princess

3. 3rd prince 

4. How's the 3rd princes's mother? Is she actually good?

1. Princess Yuchang: not sure if she is the one I think because I read the novel in my language and the name of the character was translated differently.  Is she one of the ones interested in LBY and had been married before, and is related to the uncle family of the emperor?

1.  She was engaged to the 'stepbrother' of LBY. After the truth about the LBY's real family massacre came out, the  whole Ling family was severely punished, including her future mother-in-law and fiance. She was married off quickly to someone else and her grandmother (I think) was divorced, due to her involvement with the covering up of Ling brothers' crime (the grandmother was holding on the nuwa statue that contained the evidence of the Ling family's crime).  I think it s a fitting punishment for the old witch as she was annoying and had been abusing the relationship of her family with the emperor to cause trouble.

2. 5th princess: she would continue to be a spoiled bitch she always was, despite being punished many times by the emperor,  the ex-empress and the new empress (Yue consort). She married into the family of the youngest brother of Yue Consort and turned the family upside down, kept fighting with her husband all the time and continued to keep a harem of beautiful boys on the side. She always tried to cause trouble at royal gatherings and when she saw CSS. No one liked her, even her sisters, father and mother.

3. He had been maintained a relationship with LBY since they were young. Their relationship became known after the massacre. He wished for LBY's happiness and although he disliked CSS, he eventually supported their relationship because he realized only CSS could make LBY happy. He would become Crown Prince and eventually the next emperor.

4. She was a good person, loved the emperor to death. She was the emperor's sweetheart and would have been his empress but then he had to marry the empress for political reasons, therefore she became his consort instead. She was fair and respected the old empress.  

1. Princess Yuchang: not sure if she is the one I think because I read the novel in my language and the name of the character was translated differently.  Is she one of the ones interested in LBY and had been married before, and is related to the uncle family of the emperor?

No that princess no:3. The one with gaudy jewellery .

Princess Yuchang is the girl who fake drown in shallow water , the  one who is the grand-daughter of the guy who delivered the betrothal gift(聘礼) . The girl who the whole country know admired LBY. 

Sorry I still don't know which princess is that. I still haven't watched the drama and only read the novel. LBY had a lot of admirers: the one I mentioned previously (a lower rank princess), 4th princess, 5th princess, Wang Lin, Luo Ji Tong. Some of them were more vocal than others abt their love to LBY. 

rabbitcasa:

Sorry I still don't know which princess is that. I still haven't watched the drama and only read the novel. LBY had a lot of admirers: the one I mentioned previously (a lower rank princess), 4th princess, 5th princess, the daughter of a family related to the empress's uncle, Luo Ji Tong. Some of them were more vocal than others abt their love to LBY. 

Yuchang is the granddaughter of the emperors uncle or something like that, King Ruyang. Her grandmother has ties to LBY stepmother. She was the first one of LBY admirers that we got to know, before the other princesses. 

Alekzu:

Yuchang is the granddaughter of the emperors uncle or something like that, King Ruyang. Her grandmother has ties to LBY stepmother. She was the first one of LBY admirers that we got to know, before the other princesses. 

Then she is the one I mentioned in the previous post. She got engaged to LBY's 'stepbrother' and was married off quickly to someone else when her fiance got executed after the crime of the Ling's family revealed.

As for Wang Ling, she was also married off but way before the tragedy. Her mother sneaked behind her father's back to do some shady business with her uncle with her father's seal and got the whole family implicated. Her father and all her brothers all got imprisoned and could have been executed (the females were free until the judgement was delivered). LBY and CSS helped reveal her mother's crime and freed her father and brothers. After her mother's excecution, her father was forced to retire and moved back to hometown.  She regretted being a bitch to CSS and made peace with her before moving away.  

I see. We haven't gotten that far in the drama, and we didn't know LBY had a stepbrother (for all I know he might not have one in the drama). And you said Yuchang had been married before, which we also haven't seen or heard about in the drama, so I'm guessing that's why no one was quite sure if you were talking about her or not. The only princess we know is married in the drama so far is no 3. And maybe 2 as well, but she hasn't really been a part of the story, we just saw her briefly in one of the last episodes. The story with Wang Ling and her family and her mother's shady buisness is just starting in the drama now. 

I'm not sure if the drama is up to this but in the novel, after the couple got engaged, CSS had to go to the palace frequently for lessons with the empress. During the birthday banquet of the empress, she got trapped into falling down the lake by the 5th princess and her cronies. She was ok but Luo Ji  Tong's servant got killed. The 5th princess was severely punished and was imprisoned at home until she married. LJT got away playing innocent and the victim (since her servant got killed). The truth abt her involvement came out years later by LBY. The emperor intended to punish the families of other girls but LBY got wind of it. He became pissed since his fiance did not come to him for help, they argued and he stormed away with the 5th prince to deliver punishment to the girls' families. Being efficient he was, the punishment was delivered within 1 day: the fathers and brothers of the girls each got 1 arm and 1 leg broken. He even went to a government department to beat up a minister who was a girl's father. He got into trouble for this and was sentenced to be planked by the emperor. CSS was crying the whole time he was beaten without realizing it was a trick the emperor played to make the couple become closer to each other (I think this scene was in the trailer).  CSS then sneaked off that night to visit him and played the flute to him (without realizing that the emperor and the empress were also listening).

I really love this scene, it shows how protective LBY was towards CSS and how CSS replicated his feelings.

Btw, the families of girls involved in the incident, except LJT, all got demoted. It is quite the heavy punishment by CSS's opinion. Because many of them had worked hard for years to be able to reach their current positions, but due to their daughters' stupidity, lost years of hard work. 

Alekzu:

I see. We haven't gotten that far in the drama, and we didn't know LBY had a stepbrother (for all I know he might not have one in the drama). And you said Yuchang had been married before, which we also haven't seen or heard about in the drama, so I'm guessing that's why no one was quite sure if you were talking about her or not. The only princess we know is married in the drama so far is no 3. And maybe 2 as well, but she hasn't really been a part of the story, we just saw her briefly in one of the last episodes. The story with Wang Ling and her family and her mother's shady buisness is just starting in the drama now. 

I feel bad for the princesses of what there'll done. As for the 3rd and fifth princess, I don't know if wan ling or luo Ji tong is the 3rd princess. I'm also confused who is the fifth princess also ?? Yuchang is also a princess and as far as I remembered there is another princess who are close to princess yuchang. I'm not sure (I don't remember her name) But In the previous episode this fifth princess attended General huo's death anniversary am I right??

Luo Jitong - works for the Empress, a playmate to the 5th princess. A maid once said that the Empress had once considered engaging her to LBY. LJT refuted that by saying that the empress was never really serious about it. 

5th princess - daughter of the empress. I set to marry someone of the Yue clan (the consorts family). 

3rd princess is the daughter of Consort Yue, recently got married, likes to live lavishly. Is up to no good with her uncle, in who's house she grew up in (something her mother deeply regrets).

Wang Ling has been around stirring trouble and talking bad about CSS basically the entire drama. Hangs out with Luo Li, Luo Yao's sister. Her family appears to be some old noble family, her mother is related to the empress. 

Yuchang is probably called princess due to her family relations to the emperor. Not sure which princess you're referring her as being close to. Maybe you're thinking of Wang Ling? As for who attended General Huos anniversary, didn't they all do that? 

Hope I got all of this right. I also feel a bit confused about all of these princesses identities and relations sometimes ?

For those confused about which prince or princes is which? check the character profile of the show here. they'll have info with the picture of the actor/actress. 

3rd princess is the (consort Yue's) spoiled brat who's also married and obsessed with LBY. she was raised by her uncle and deals with shady business.  she hurts CSS in ep.30 (had the maids' step on her hand)

5th princess is the current empress's daughter.  she is against marrying the Yue family and keeps a harem of men" advisors" in her manor. she is the one who is friends with Wang Ling (always wears purple and bickers with CSS)

Princess Ruyang is the dummy who pretended to drown in ep. 6.  LBY also told her face to face she was not the one in episode 5. The famous bridge scene in ep. 10 , she along with Wang Ling & Yao's cousin fall in the water.  

These are the bullies bothering our FL. I am waiting for their punishments.