GwenRB:

Loved the "story of Min Lan", I am trying "Shining just for You" now, because I like him so much.

I don't really like him in SJFY.  I prefer him in The Imperial Age.  FSF is actually better at playing a rascal or a bad guy in a drama.  Or, a doomed hero like in The White Vengeance.

mparthur:

I don't really like him in SJFY.  I prefer him in The Imperial Age.  FSF is actually better at playing a rascal or a bad guy in a drama.  Or, a doomed hero like in The White Vengeance.

OOOH Imperial age ..didn't know that one, thanks for that

I am on episode 14 and LD really looks more energetic and the little smirks he gives... being in love is bringing sunshine into his miserable life.

Only he can handle MZH.. my goodness... she is incorrigible... ! and I like the way... he catches on to her lines, she used at sometime or other to escape from situations...   like he is asking you said you adore me... and she is literally coughing up... there are different types of adoration... and he wont let go .. and ask which kind is yours..... rofl!  Really enjoying it... !

mparthur:

I think you have a point. I saw a clip of a recent film he participated in, a modern one,  and he does amazing. I was very impressed and will definitely try to find that film with subs. BTW, in the clip he acts opposite  none other than "Princess Rou Jia", hehe. In then end of the clip he casually s.h.o.t himself  in the head  right in front of her... 

I hope we won't get too many lovey dovey scenes about MZH's romance with LD.  I am getting bored with this plot.  In the novel, it is not so dragging.  

From the previews, it looks like things will pick up soon in terms of the angst/plots. Although I think the show is doing a lot of things slightly differently so it will be interesting to see how everything plays out. 

Sirry Usly:

From the previews, it looks like things will pick up soon in terms of the angst/plots. Although I think the show is doing a lot of things slightly differently so it will be interesting to see how everything plays out. 

I like it that they still manage to keep up with the original plot. Not inventing a lot.  For example originally that flute should have been broken, and it was in the end!)))) Just they organized it differently. 

leo_2020:

I like it that they still manage to keep up with the original plot. Not inventing a lot.  For example originally that flute should have been broken, and it was in the end!)))) Just they organized it differently. 

MZH touching LD's shadow in Episode 20 is not in the novel.  It was Miss Sun who described her touching LD's shadow in the novel.  And, the scene where the new emperor and MZH were caught being together with MZH's hair hanging out loosely was not in the drama.

That scene in the novel was brilliant.  I was hoping to see it but was disappointed.

Claudia Wang is someone, I always thought very elegant and was happy to see her so graceful in the her kind princess role.!   

But never realised, beneath all that she was hiding 20 years plotting, her Jishan place is a spy network center,  jeez didnt see that coming!

liz mathew:

Claudia Wang is someone, I always thought very elegant and was happy to see her so graceful in the her kind princess role.!   

But never realised, beneath all that she was hiding 20 years plotting, her Jishan place is a spy network center,  jeez didnt see that coming!

Her acting has improved a lot since I last watched The Creation of Gods three years ago.

leo_2020:

Me too. It seems like they are going to do the same with the whole LC and MZH being caught together thing from the spoilers I saw on TikTok.

mparthur:

Episode 13

"I wouldn't want to have you as a daughter!"

"You want a daughter?  I can help you with that!  I can give you a daughter!"

"How would you do to help?"

"I will do my best to help you!"

"You're drunk.  Yet you remember to say the words I like to hear."

"I mean it.  It's not a lie..."

"What if I was not a lord but a commoner?  Would you still treat me the same?"

"When I first saw you, I thought you were a male prostitute in Xiaoqin Pleasure Palace, I still saved you, didn't I?"

I love this scene.  Lord Ding is so mesmerised by MZH.  He's officially in love with her!

Zomg, i love love this. The writer helps us confront the truth. Honestly when MZH dad, Ding and her are in one scene… her dad and ding are like BFFs. 

This thread is saving my life while i wait for new eps.

mparthur:

I find it unacceptable when some people on the comments section claiming they dislike the drama because of Feng Shaofeng's age and his divorce from Zhao Liying.  

FSF looks his age but is fine as he is good looking in real person.  

JT and FSF's age gap is evident without the filter and camera lighting but they look perfect together.  

In his real life, FSF and his ex-wife's age gap is the same as LY-MZH's.  Both looked great when they were together.

They should know he is the king’s brother. He is an uncle to his niece and nephews. The actor befits the role like a glove!!! He needs to maintain the dignity of royalty. Honestly ep 25 or recent eps he started smiling widely at MZH caught me off guard - like a break of character LOL. But i accepted it since they have exchanged love vows. He can loosen up his facial muscles finally

mparthur:

I have the entire chapters now.  Click on the link.

Pls send me!

it's on the recent discussions section!