in the beginning she was immature but she grew into a strong character and stood up against her father's wrongdoings…
She doesn't exactly have the power to bring justice to him. she's just a woman who lives in patriarchal Joseon society, she did the best that she can for a woman in her era. She even cut her ties from her father.
The female lead wasn't exactly aware that her father was evil when she unknowingly brought the male lead to trouble (she was young, carefree, and in love). The moment she realized her father's wickedness and desire to kill her lover and his family, she did everything in her power to save him. Remember she tried to escape her house many times to warn the male lead's family but she always somehow always got caught? As a last resort she used her own blood to write to her cloth to send the male lead away so that he'll at least be spared from the killing spree that would soon happen. Then she didn't exactly resisted when the male lead was harsh to her after they reunited due to his kidnapping, she even caught an arrow for him despite him trying to kill her and her father mere seconds before. She also escaped her father and her other suitor many times just to warn the male lead of trouble coming. Even when she thought she'll never see him again, she even tried to make sure that the male lead's sister-in-law and niece were okay and not being enslaved. Male lead was understandably upset of the whole thing, he didn't know at first that the female lead was unaware of her father's wickedness, he thought he was only fooled by her. That's why he was angry at her. But he still love her, and his love for her was the thing that made him stop from wanting to kill the female lead's father. The world and their families are against them, yet the lead couple is very much in love and try their best to prove it, I don't understand why you don't see it as a great love story. Romeo and Juliet, but better, since their love for each other (especially the female lead) led them to overcome feelings of hate for each other's families. Female lead could have chosen to save herself all the trouble and have a quite life since her life isn't threatened anyway, but she chose to risk her life for the sake of her lover and even his family. That's the power of love. I don't really get what's disgusting about it.
i made an edit for the second couple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIF-aZeidW8
I like your channel. I've seen some of the period dramas you made videos of too (I love the 2009 Emma BBC miniseries). Can you make one for the main couple here too?
CHUN WOO HEE OMG WHAT A 대박 CASTING 😭😭😭 cant wait!!
Funny how Chun Woo Hee previously acted with Han Hyo Joo in the movie Love, Lies especially since Hyo Joo is the female lead most people want to be the female lead here.
She really needs to act with actors that can act. She will have to hard carry again in this one as well.
I read somewhere that there are gonna be other male leads for her new drama though (not sure though). I hope the actors casted for those roles are good.
Kim Sohyun is my #1 favorite actress forever. I started loving her since 2013 and I was a die hard fan of her,…
I don't think we'll get any updates of her lovelife anytime soon or even within at least 10 years. Koreans are notoriously private and there are many actors much older than Sohyun who has never gotten any dating rumors. I'm sure she'll announce when she's ready to get married. For now, let's just hope she gets good acting projects. But I'll be happy whoever she dates.
Coming here to compare the number of comments here and the ones with lovely runner.... perhaps 5 years a lot of…
recent airing dramas get more comments than older ones. Descendants of the Sun (2016) was a big juggernaut of a drama (it had Queen of Tears/CLOY level of awareness and popularity among kdrama fans) when it came out and it only has 3000+ comments. More likely, there are more mydramalist users now compared to years ago.
Coming here to compare the number of comments here and the ones with lovely runner.... perhaps 5 years a lot of…
recent airing dramas get more comments than older ones. Descendants of the Sun (2016) was a big juggernaut of a drama (it had Queen of Tears/CLOY level of awareness and popularity) when it came out and it only has 3000+ comments. More likely, there are more mydramalist users now compared to years ago.
5 years since this drama and Lee Tae Ri (dried squid fairy) is still not given lead roles! What does the kdrama casting gods have against him? He's always a good actor, he was amazing in Moon Embracing the Sun 12 years ago too? He was also a good villain in Tale of the Nine Tailed! He also acted very well in sageuks Bloody Heart and King of Tears Lee Bang Won (though playing supporting roles in latter episodes of each drama only) ! He deserves the stardom his male costars here are getting now. I thought this drama's popularity and his character quite important and being liked by this drama's audience will have led into bigger things for him, but apparently he got the same treatment he got after Moon Embracing the Sun (not getting roles unlike his costars from either dramas). It's so disappointing!
MBN looks like they released it in full on YT? https://youtu.be/6BRy1p1ujiQNo subs for the non-Korean speakers,…
Thanks for the link. Have you gotten any updates of where to watch the drama with English subs? Thanks. I'm a fan of the male lead, it's endlessly disappointing he never got leading roles despite being a solid actor and being a veteran in acting (26 years as an actor) while actors his age with half his acting skills and an acting career less than 1/2 of his got lead roles.
I don't like the male lead in her new drama (seen him in Extraordinary You and he couldn't act there. Most reviews of him in other dramas say he couldn't act very well too). I wish she gets better ones next time (good enough to act but also unknown enough so she gets first/title billing).
When will this movie get released? I just want this movie released and for Moon Chae Won to get new project offers (spefically female centric sageuk dramas)
The world and their families are against them, yet the lead couple is very much in love and try their best to prove it, I don't understand why you don't see it as a great love story. Romeo and Juliet, but better, since their love for each other (especially the female lead) led them to overcome feelings of hate for each other's families. Female lead could have chosen to save herself all the trouble and have a quite life since her life isn't threatened anyway, but she chose to risk her life for the sake of her lover and even his family. That's the power of love. I don't really get what's disgusting about it.
Have you gotten any updates of where to watch the drama with English subs? Thanks. I'm a fan of the male lead, it's endlessly disappointing he never got leading roles despite being a solid actor and being a veteran in acting (26 years as an actor) while actors his age with half his acting skills and an acting career less than 1/2 of his got lead roles.