• Location: Canada
  • Birthday: February 03
  • Join Date: July 29, 2014
Yoo Na's Street
Nov 17, 2014
OVERALL
Such a good, different drama! Watch if 1) you feel like everything's the same in Dramaland these days, 2) you're sick of seeing the same kind of main leads, 3) you want to watch a show that's not about some rich chaebol and a Cinderella in the making. Don't watch if 1) you're looking for a well-developed, emotional love story, 2) you don't like stories with many secondary characters, 3) you don't like characters with flaws.

THE STORY
A story like you don't find in Dramaland, with characters that don't typically hang out over there too, and I loved it. I love reserved and down-to-earth Yoona, who is neither naïve, innocent and bright girl nor cold, distant and apathetic (it's usually one or the other); I love open-minded, caring Changman, who is neither a cold and arrogant prick nor a naïve and childish boy. I love how they interact with everyone around them; how loyal Yoona is, which inspires loyalty from others; how empowering Changman is, making others believe that they can aspire for more. I love the comedy, especially in the first half of the drama, and the glimpse into the world of petty crime. There's just so much good in this show. The only downside to it is that although it seemed as though the romance between the main leads and the character development of Yoona would be at the center of the story, they slowly were forgotten in favor of secondary characters and dragging plot elements, so that her changes kind of look incoherent or abrupt, and their love story, bland. The show would have been perfect if it weren't for that *sigh* The ending though, is satisfying, so it's okay.

THE ACTING
I didn't know the main leads before this show, but their acting was good. I liked her more than him, I thought she really had become Yoona. They also weren't bad together *sigh* Such a waste that the romance wasn't exploited some more. Some other actors were also quite good in their roles. Particularly the actress behind Yoonji, she was awesome. Because most characters are realistic, they aren't easy roles, but they were pulled off fine.

THE MUSIC
Just as the story and the characters, the music is sooo fresh. It's not every day that you hear K-country (does that even exist?) or Carla Bruni in a drama, it's so weird - in a good way - and totally fits with the mood. Of course, there's also Leesa's awesome song, Love will find a way. Absolutely addictive. From episode one, it got stuck in my head, and I had no choice but to download it.

REWATCH VALUE
I'd rewatch it, whenever I get in one of those moments in which all dramas just look too much the same. It's like getting some fresh air, without pulling the plug.

Inborn Pair
Aug 8, 2014
OVERALL
Good drama, but unpolished. Watch if 1) You feel like taking a long ride, 2) You want to watch a family show (as in, a story that follows a family, not just two individuals), 3) You're looking for many cute couple scenes and a few more mature ones, 4) You want a good-looking cast, 5) You're patient. Dont watch if 1) You can't stand screaming (there's lots, and lots, especially at the beginning), 2) You can't stand dragged plots, 4) You're not up for romantic comedy, but comic romance (there's a difference in focus, you see).

THE STORY
Very simple and cliche premise, dragged on for 80 episodes or so. The leads are sloooooowwww; it takes age before any development in their relationship. There's also a few characters (three to be exact) who's stories left me quite indifferent. That being said, there's too much fun in this show to give it up, and when I mean fun, I mean real fun, not over-the-top humor that we sometimes find in dramas. To the fun, add some good characters and an amusing secondary love story (even if the romance is a bit surreal). You get a pretty nice show. So what if you sometimes end up skipping some parts? By the end, you're still very satisfied with the story. Believe me.

THE ACTING
I'm no expert, but acting in this drama was good. I don't know about Chris Wang, the main guy, but I became quite a fan of the main actress (Annie Chen) after the show. Don't care if she's not the best actress, that girl has charisma and a killer smile (so envious). The little boy was pretty good, I was quite surprised.

THE MUSIC
Fine soundtrack, fitted for the show. There was comical instrumental for the comic scenes and emotional songs for the more serious ones. Not to mention that I liked almost all of these songs and particularly the one from Della Ding, Can't be alone (Yi ge ren, bu ke neng). I still listen to it today.

Rewatched. Three times.

Angry Mom
May 8, 2015
OVERALL
Watch if you're looking for a drama with a good social critique but don't want to give up on comedy. Keep it for later if you're craving to see love stories.

THE STORY
Like many people, I started watching Angry Mom with a preconceived idea of what the show should be about – 50% comedy, 30% real/serious stuff, 20% romance. Angry Mom turned out to be far from my expectations – 60% real/serious stuff, 25% comedy, 5% romance – but I’m very far from disappointed. Yes, I can’t lie, I’m sad there was no love story for Kang Ja (the mom), because I think she deserved it and there was room for it in the story. But the drama is an extremely well-thought social critique of the Korean educational environment, with well-written, complex characters who, for the most part, evolve throughout the story, and relationships that evolve as well. There’s tragedy, there’s comedy, there’s suspense and a touch of action; all genres mashed up naturally so nothing feels forced. Most importantly, there’s hope. Angry Mom’s message is that we can against corruption and bullying, so we should fight against it.

THE ACTING
Great. Everyone was just great. I love Kim Yoojung and Kim Heesun, and Ji Hyun Woo is in my to-stalk list since Queen In Hyun’s man, so no surprise there. The villains, all good actors I already respected, no surprise there. But Ji Soo is a surprise, and one I’ll be stalking too. Even Baro and Lizzy were quite good. I liked them all!

THE MUSIC
Some people complained throughout the drama that the music was weird and did not fit with the story. I disagree. Or I agree, sometimes music and scenes were “mismatched” when we compare this drama to others, but it was clearly intentional, and I found it rather innovative and refreshing. I don’t need overly dramatic music in times of action or suspense, and sometimes I found that the music was a good indicator of what characters were feeling or of what would happen in the future. So…I liked!

Definitely high.

Liar Game
Nov 27, 2014
OVERALL
One of the best of 2014, without question. It's not only an attention-grabbing show, but it's also deep, coherent and well-executed (finally another all-included drama!). Watch it, no ifs, but maybe keep it for later if you really have a hard time watching shows with only subtle (very subtle) signs of romance.

THE STORY
I need to start by saying that I have neither watched the Japanese drama nor read the manga both shows are based on, so I had no prior bias for or against the drama and can honestly say, with complete objectivity, that it's a.ma.zing. Although the drama seems to be about games of lies and betrayal, more than the games, the characters that take part in them - how they evolve through the games, how their past came to shape who they are and how they act in the present - are really at the core of the story. The games themselves are interesting (though sometimes complex), but it's the action behind the scenes, the mystery on which they stand and the character development that really pulls the drama forward. The characters, are, by the way, absolutely fabulous. I liked how each main lead personify something - Nam Dajung is trust, Kang Doyoung is deception, Ha Woojin is insight, and how many secondary characters have depth (also are given space and conflicts of their own). Dajung doesn't seem as profound as the other leads and sometimes recedes to the background, but she also goes a long way, and her infallible faith in people is very much the heart of the story. The pace of the plot is steady, the suspense is ongoing and sometimes bordelines creepy; twists are numerous, hints, events and interconnections are mindblowing, and the end is very satisfying. I have only three small, tiny regrets: 1) The last episode, without being bad, just doesn't feel as dramatic as it should, 2) why couldn't they give us just one romantic scene?, and 3) twelve episodes, really? Couldn't the show have been longer? I need more games, more Doyoung, Woojin and Dajung, more action!

THE ACTING
Nothing to say other then that it was awsome. Everyone was amazing, from leads to secondary actors, but especially Shin Sung Rok, the actor behind the sly, cruel, weird, psychopath-y Doyoung. Lee Sang Yoon and Kim So Eun had good chemistry (*sigh* such a pity it was not exploited), and the interactions between all cast members were 100% believable.

THE MUSIC
Absolutely fitting for the show...but nothing to keep on listening to now that it's over.

REWATCHABLE VALUE
Definite yes!!!! The plot is so dense that I'm sure rewatching will give more insight into the characters and the games. Will be rewatched once by me before the end of the year, I can promise you that!

Good Doctor
Sep 14, 2014
OVERALL
Good, moving drama. Watch if 1) You're looking for a show that will inspire you and make you think, 2) You like medical dramas. Don't watch if 1) You don't like dramas that make you cry, 2) You need the male lead to be strong and manly, like the typical Kdrama protagonist.

THE STORY
Good doctor is not the drama that will make you flutter. The main protagonist is not a heroic rebel or a pretentious chaebol, the other characters are not always likeable, the love scenes remain very PG-rated and the comedy is not omnipresent. Instead, it's a drama that will make you cry. A lot. It's not a show to watch to be entertained, but to think, to challenge your prejudices and rigid thoughts. The portrayal of an autistic individual is quite well-done, and the problems he encounters in order to live the life he wants are realistic. The love story may seem surreal and difficult to believe for some, but reflects a very honorable opinion, that unique individuals also have the right to be loved, and not strictly by similar people. The characters grow throughout the story and the ending is very satisfying. I believe the show could have done without all the drama surrounding the administration of the hospital and some aspects of the story were quite long while others, more important or interesting, were too rushed, but the main components of the story were carefully thought through, so it's alright.

THE ACTING
Many actors did an amazing job in this drama, several of which were child actors, but even if it wasn't the case, for Joo Won alone, this would still earn a 10. I cannot say that he had much chemistry with Moon Chaewon because there wasn't much 'passion' between their characters, but the couple was cute and visually compatible, and he played his role so perfectly, I think if I hadn't known him before, I would have thought that he was an autistic actor.

THE MUSIC
The songs of the OST had funny lyrics and didn't get to me, but boy were the instrumental tracks awsome, a perfect match for the mood of the show. I recommend googling them. I know I did, and still listen to them when I'm down and unmotivated.

REWATCH VALUE
Rewatched, but only to confirm that it was a nice show and that it had made me cry buckets. I might rewatch it again, but it's not on the top of my list because of its tear-gas quality.

SPY
Mar 11, 2015
OVERALL
Watch if you feel like action and don’t have anything else in mind to watch. Do not watch after an awesome drama (eg. Healer); it will make it all worse.

THE STORY
Usually, taking a few days after the end of a drama before writing a review is a good thing. Gives me time to reflect on it and miss it too, so I can write more positive things about it. This time though, I can’t say it helps the drama at all. Spy had a forgettable storyline while I was watching, and now five days after I’m done, it has a forgotten storyline.

The premise of the drama was promising, but the script was quite lacking. The characters had no spike and no development, the romance was bland and half-way through the drama got completely overlooked, and the action/thriller was watered down by the characters’ behavior, which was ambiguous or didn’t quite make sense. Even when it did make sense, because everyone (or actually, mostly the “good” ones) had no character and seemed so powerless and senseless against all their challenges, simply reacting to things and never actively taking control of a situation, it still felt like something was missing.

In short, Spy was a disappointment. On a positive note though, the drama is totally watchable, effortlessly, from beginning to end. But in a don’t-really-care-what-happens-just-watching-to-have-something-to-do type of way. It’s not bad, but it’s one of those dramas you spend the whole time thinking it could have been much more.

THE ACTING
And that is where the drama infuriates me. With such a good cast, I don’t know why they had to go and ruin it with poor writing. Spy girl aside (I don’t know Go Sung Hee), Jaejoong is not a bad actor, and Bae Jong Ok and Yoo Oh Sung are veterans I personally love. Go Sung Hee and Jaejoong had some kind of chemistry going on too. Ugh. Really.

No comment.

REWATCHABLE VALUE
Not a priority at all, but like I said, it is an effortless watch so maybe one of these days I’ll give it another go.

Maids
Apr 2, 2015
OVERALL
A story very much worth watching, but know that you may get frustrated by the shift in focus half way through though. Watch it if 1) you wanted to watch a historical drama less focused on struggles for the throne, 2) you like gripping, suspenseful storylines. Don’t watch if 1) you like well-developed love stories, 2) you can’t stand injustice and characters getting mistreated (it is a show about slaves after all).

THE STORY
The good: Those who complained that historical dramas were always centered on the palace and political factions get to see a show focused more on the life of the lowest class, that is, for half of the drama. The show never becomes boring and the plot, for better or for worse, grips you until the end. The drama has great cinematography, and the first half, deep conversations and steady character and romance development.

The bad: Unfortunately, the writers decided not to risk it fully and cut all the political business out of the story, so the magic of the show – namely, the focus on maids – went away about half way through the drama. As the plot was becoming more palace-conflicts-centered, character and relationship development stagnated. All romances lost their charm, and the characters too.

The Ugly: As the characters lost their charm, they also lost themselves, because their actions became increasingly incoherent. The show, that was initially quite innovative and fresh, became quite predictable by the end, with unnecessary drama.

Bottom line: Started out really good, slowly decayed, but managed to pull off an okay (just okay) ending. Not quite a disappointment, but almost.

THE ACTING
All secondary cast was absolutely great, especially Kim Dong Wook (my Coffee Prince was gone!). Jung Yoo Mi gained my esteem. I didn’t think she was a bad actress and I liked her since Dong Yi, but she wasn’t impressive. In here, she’s definitely impressive, and the only thing I regret is that she had no chemistry with Oh Ji Oh. As for him, I can’t put him in the same basket. He was good enough in his role, but his acting just doesn’t convince me.

THE MUSIC
I liked! Without being something of another world, it wasn’t typical historical-drama music. Fitted super well with the story and scenes too. It was dark and suspenseful. I liked!

REWATCHABLE VALUE
Uff. I don’t know. I loved the beginning so much, but the last few episodes…Ok, well, definitely rewatchable, just maybe not until the end.

King2Hearts
Sep 15, 2014
OVERALL
Interesting drama that you can easily watch, one episode after another, within a week, completely addicted by the action. Watch if 1) You like strong female leads, 2) You're looking for a new cute actor to obsess about, 3) You want to watch a fictional account of North-South Korean relations. Don't watch if 1) You can't stand when the male lead is a jerk with the female lead for half of the show, 2) You have low tolerance for nice people suffering and/or dying, 3) You don't like surreal, cartoony characters.

THE STORY
Let me start by saying that I like shows that allow us to have a look at North Korea, even if that look might be completely misleading. Also, let me say that although there might be no truth in it, I like the positive, promising outlook that this show offers of the relationship between North and South Korea, something a lot nicer than the neverending relationship strain that is constantly being reflected in other shows and the media. That being said, there's more to this drama to make it quite good: a strong female lead, a maturing male lead, a very adorable second couple (almost better than the main couple), some thrilling action scenes and an interesting love story. The male lead is a jerk for about half the show, but since he redeems himself, that's okay. The bad guy is a complete nutcase that has no life or purpose other than being a bad guy, but since you're quite happy with where that leads him, that's also kind of okay. Some sad incidents happen over the course of the story that make you wonder if they were really necessary...and that's the main thing that irked me. That, and the excessive aegyo of the female lead in some scenes, but that's another story.

THE ACTING
I was very impressed by the secondary actors in this drama. Jo Jung Suk was fabulous and won a free, one-way ticket into my Top-actors list. Lee Joon Yi was also very good in her role, and especially in portraying the emotions that someone undergo in her character's situation. I also have to say, for once, there was a non-Korean actress actually acting well, Samantha Daniel. Perfect rendition of a psychopath. Although I love Lee Seung Gi and Ha Ji Won, their performances seemed less impressive simply because their roles were not much different from others they had played, but they had great chemistry.

THE MUSIC
Taeyeon, baby! Her song, Missing you like crazy, was absolutely amazing for the show, and instantly found its way to my mp3 and my list of best drama OSTs. Instrumental tracks were also quite good, particularly one called Hang Ah's dream.

Rewatched. Twice.

Hello Monster
Aug 11, 2015
OVERALL
A perfect blend of thriller, crime, action, romance and drama, all wrapped up in a nice, philosophical theme. Don't think about it, just watch it.

THE STORY
So…just when I’d finally gotten over the scare of White Christmas, I had to fall onto I Remember You / Hello Monster. The theme at the core of the show, Nature VS Nurture, is the same, this time taken to higher levels (partly because it’s a lengthier drama, partly because of great writing and directing). Characters are complex, especially the ones on the dark side. The main female lead is how I like to see them – independent, smart, to-the-point style – and the love story is, without being central to the show, well-developed and innovative (a relationship based on mutual support instead of romance). There is quite a bit of suspense in an unexpected way (because the viewer knows everything that’s going on sooner than the protagonists), deep messages, brilliant dialogues and gripping crime stories that are all kind of connected and leading to the root of the plot. I absolutely have nothing bad to say about this show, other than that the last episode did feel just a tiny, a very tiny, bit rushed, and the beginning was maybe a little awkward at times. The ending was brilliant and 100% coherent with the entire show though. I want season 2!!!

THE ACTING
I’ve always believed that the best way to see if an actor is skilled is to see him (or her) play a complex villain. In this drama, the two actors that stood out, tremendously, were the two villains. They sent chills down my spine. A-ma-zing. But I have to say, all the actors were very good. The child actors were so talented.

THE MUSIC
Awsome! The instrumental tracks kind of felt like Sherlock’s (the British TV show) but fitted perfectly with the mood of the drama. And then the OST *swoon*. I’ve been listening to Dear Cloud’s Remember and Baechigi’s Shower of tears (feat. Ailee) almost daily for weeks now.

REWATCH VALUE
Rewatching as we speak, with my parents. I don't even care if I can't sleep well at night. Definitely high!

Little Girl K
Jan 15, 2015
OVERALL
Don't watch unless action and suspense is all you need. This doesn't have much more to offer.

THE STORY
I want to write a really mean review for this one. I really want to. I could go on and on about how watching this felt like watching the narrative of a violent video game tailored for guys, with unnecessary sexual scenes, unnecessary blood, and, as a bonus, unnecessary deaths. I could rant about the ending, which made as much sense as a book read upside down and was extremely disappointing, or the characters with no development, or the plot with no depth. But then, I'd be omitting one little thing: that I was undeniably into Killer Girl K from beginning to end. The suspense did not falter from episode one, and the occasional humor was good too. Retrospectively, I didn't like it, but I have to admit I sort of...maybe...okay, definitely was enjoying it in the moment, so...yeah. It's okay.

THE ACTING
Good. A special mention goes to Han Groo. It was her first lead, I believe, and she was great. Too bad the show wasn't.

...*crickets*

REWATCHABLE VALUE
As you can guess, not that high for me.

Orange Marmalade
Aug 16, 2015
OVERALL
A sloppy drama, that somehow builds expectations with its promising message and context but doesn't deliver. Watch it if you want a mix of modern-day and historical plots and you are looking for supernatural and a refreshing way of integrating vampires into the world. If you hate clichés, unnatural dialogues and scenes that don't quite make sense, skip.

THE STORY
While the context of the drama was interesting (ie. vampires as a different race living among humans) and the message was honorable (ie. accept difference), there were many many things that were unforgivable in this show, starting with incoherent characters and ending with incoherent plot elements (especially the historical component, which serves no purpose in the drama). One thing that particularly got to me is that usually, some dramas overuse silences (when characters pause before saying something), but in this one, they were underusing them, which often gave the impression that characters were doing a 180 or being way too emotional. Oh, and also, how can people from the lower class in Joseon not bow down to the nobles? The drama has a good intention, but it's quite sloppy, sadly.

THE ACTING
Yeo Jin Goo is just as amazing here as in other dramas, but he was overqualified for the drama and that played against him. He was throwing all his emotions in his scenes, but Seolhyun was not very expressive, Jonghyun was expressive but not as much as him, and the whole show seemed so light that it just looked like his character was too much, all the time. Since his character was not very likeable, that was not helping at all. Seolhyun was ok, but pairing her with Jin Goo, who's a veteran actor, was not a good thing. I want to see her play in something else before I decide if I like her acting or not. Jonghyun has lots of potential and he's on the right track. There wasn't much chemistry between the trio, though. Secondary leads were fine.

THE MUSIC
I'm usually either happy or indifferent with soundtracks, but the OST for this drama really wasn't my style. There's only maybe one song I thought was just ok.

REWATCHABLE VALUE
Very, very low. The drama's too frustrating to want to watch again.

Pleasantly Surprised
Nov 3, 2014
OVERALL
An entertaining Taiwanese rom-com that digs a little deeper than others. Watch if 1) you can watch food without eating (otherwise, you'll gain weight, trust me), 2) you've had an overdose of the typical sweet girl and douchy guy, 3) you like shows with children. Don't watch if 1) You have little patience for weird or irritating characters (you can always skip if they bore you, but...), 2) you're looking for a romance with lots of skinship (kisses sure are fine in this show, but there's little more, you're warned!), 3) you don't like when everything is just too happy (yes, there is such a thing as too much happiness).

THE STORY
After watching many many dramas, if there's one thing I'm particularly tired of, it's the cliched sweet, innocent and naive female protagonist. Granted, the main lead of this show is also a cliched character. The distrustful, cold and solitary female type. But I was pleasantly surprised (pun intended) with the character development of Kai Qi, who slowly opens up to people. It was not expected in such a light, comic romance, and that's just how to earn some points in my book. Another way is to have a male lead that slightly deviates from the norm - a patient cutie pie with a warm smile and personality, instead of the all-too-common barbie Ken - the overly-confident, masculine, smirky (or douchy) faced guy. And yet another way is to have a very cute little child actor. So this show was quite enjoyable for me. Predictable, yes, at times unbelievable or dragging too, with an ending that seems a bit too abrupt, but fun to watch and slightly different from the comedies I've seen so far. If that's where Taiwanese rom-coms are going, I'll be hopping onto their boat a lot more often in the future.

THE ACTING
Mmm...I don't know about that, and truthfully the main couple didn't have much chemistry, but I'll say the cast was selected well because they make the show visually appealing. Puff Guo looks great and makes an endearing cold girl. I had seen her before in a similar role (in Inborn Pair, though her character was more of a two-faced bully) and I also had had the I-want-to-be-your-friend feeling. Jasper Liu is cuuute. He's in my list of actors to watch out for. You just look at them and feel like watching the show. That's totally not a legitimate reason to watch a drama, but hey, all is fair in Dramaland.

THE MUSIC
Nothing that captured my attention, except maybe for the occasional instrumental track. The piano piece was cute and I wanted to play it.

REWATCH VALUE
Why not? But...in a while.

The Princess' Man
Aug 13, 2014
OVERALL
Great drama. Watch if 1) You're looking for a historical where the love story complements the political intrigue (usually the romance is secondary and/or disconnected from the main plot), 2) You like strong female leads, 3) You're up for something truly dramatic. Don't watch if 1) You have low tolerance for deaths, 2) You can't stand when the guy's mean to the girl, 3) You don't like when things don't go the way they should (but I won't say more or it's a spoiler).

THE STORY
From the beginning, you know the story's not going to be a comedy, because it's meant to be a Korean Romeo and Juliet. Also, if you google the part of Korean history the drama focuses on, you know it's not going to be a fun ride. Indeed, the story is sad, depressing and frustrating. But it's just SO good. The beginning focuses on the love story while the intrigue gradually grows from background to front line, then from the turning point to the end the intrigue remains constant. The love stories are either passionate or touching (or both); the characters, coherent and well-written, are the ones leading all story elements with their decisions and personality. There's a few characters you can't help but like, and not one character that you can only hate, even though I can tell you there's at least one you'll wish dead most of the time. Everything feels real and is executed flawlessly. The ending is surprisingly satisfying, at least for me it was.

THE ACTING
Fab, fab, fab. But I was expecting it. Moon Chaewon and Park Shihoo are not part of my list of favorite actors for nothing. Their chemistry was no joke. I saw Hong Soohyun here for the first time, and she left a good impression. Song Jong Ho was great too. But seriously, I think all cast did an excellent job. The selection was very well done, because not only do they play their roles perfectly well, but their interactions seem so real.

THE MUSIC
Innovative and addicting. Innovative because in addition to very nice instrumental tracks, there's two-three songs in Italian (I think), which is very uncommon in Korean dramas, and they're dramatic enough to fit perfectly well with the show. Addicting because the soundtrack stays stuck in your head, and you end up humming it at the randomest times.

REWATCH VALUE
Rewatched. Twice. But I can't give it a 10, because the drama's so heavy that a part of me never wants to rewatch it, even if it's so good. Of course, that part of me always loses against the one that is dying to watch it again, but...

Hanoi Bride
Jan 15, 2015
OVERALL
Good to watch on a road trip. I'm saying this because that's what I did, and I can't think of another time I'd be desperate enough to.

THE STORY
LOL This was like watching the two-hour recap of a melodrama...or starting the melo from the middle, skipping all the nice, fluttering falling-in-love part and jumping right into the in-laws-tear-us-apart drama, which, I have to say, had all the cliched elements you can find in melos and more. There's nothing gripping about Hanoi Bride because we're not given the chance to care about the protagonists separately or together, and everything is just so damn predictable. The good side? Well, I sure had a lot of laughs watching this, though I'm certain it wasn't what they were aiming for. I also like to give props to stories that portray a social issue, and Korean guys travelling to Vietnam to find a wife is not an unusual phenomenon, from what I've read.

THE ACTING
I would say nothing stellar, but because I got to see Kim Okbin in Yoona's Street first, where her role was so entirely different, I can't help but think she's a very good actress.

What music?

REWATCHABLE VALUE
It's standing on that line that separates serious from ridiculous shows. Because I wasn't watching it taking it seriously, it was entertaining, and I can't say I wouldn't watch it again. But I'm not dying for it. Not at all.

Glorious Day
Nov 13, 2014
OVERALL
Good filler drama to watch when you have nothing else to watch or need a break from action-packed, overly-emotional or melodramatic shows. It won’t make you pull your hair out in frustration, but you won’t feel too much for it either. Just don’t watch if there’s anything better within your grasp.

THE STORY
Typical boy-meets-girl, boy-loves-girl, girl-gets-tortured-by-crazy-mother-in-law main plot that is 100% predictable, and accompanied by some of those clichéd elements that are absolutely hateful, such as the very old big-and-terrible-illness. On the other hand, this is a story with no meddling, so-annoying-that-you-could-kill-them third wheels in couples. It is light, bright and significantly more drama-free than others. The prejudiced ends up being prejudiced against, which was ironic. Also, despite all the clichés, it is a show that seems more “modern” or open-minded than most, because things that make crazy melodrama and meet controversy in other shows due to being unacceptable in Korean society (eg. marrying a single parent, dating a minor, loving a divorcee with kids, etc.) are ultimately displayed as perfectly fine in this show.

THE ACTING
This is not a show in which you’ll feel convinced by the love stories. There was zero chemistry between the main protagonists (or in other couples, for that matter); the romantic scenes could only make you smile – not because you are entertained or touched by the love of the characters, oh no, but because you feel how fake the scenes are and wonder how awkward it was for the actors to film them. I can’t say that individually, the cast did not perform well. Especially the senior actors, they were quite good. I also can't say that siblings didn't feel like siblings, or parents, like parents. But since a lot of the show is about the different love lines that develop, I need to feel something when I watch them, and that was mostly not the case in this show.

THE MUSIC
Not much for my interests. It was funny and quite cool that there were old-fashioned songs (I’m not going to say trot songs because I’m not sure it was trot) in the main soundtrack of the show – that is, because I like old-fashioned songs. It was not as funny or cool that the characters were singing one of them all the time though – joke got old, really fast.

REWATCH VALUE
Mm….I’m sure I’ll always have something better to rewatch when I get bored.