• Gender: Male

Javier97LJDHfan

Javier97LJDHfan

Love That Makes You Cry
Mar 27, 2016
I started this drama with very high expectatives after seeing the cast, and because it was written by Sakamoto-sensei, who has written most of my favorite dramas. I must say that, while this wasn't exactly what I expected, it was quite good.

The story isn't something that we haven't seen before, but it's well told. The first episode was fantastic but, sadly, the next few episodes don't live up to it. The second half is much more entertaining. As always, Sakamoto-sensei's dialogues are beautiful, and he's arguably the top screenwriter in Japan.

Most of the cast was great. Takahata Mitsuki's performance was probably the best, specially in the forth and fifth episodes. But I also need to comment on Arimura Kasumi's acting. I really don't understand why people dislike her so much. She did a GREAT job in this drama, she's probably the best after Takahata. Anyone who has seen this and Biri Gal knows that she's a pretty good actress when she has the right projects. Kora Kengo and Nishijima Takahiro were good too. I was really sad about Sakaguchi Kentaro and Morikawa Aoi, because most of their scenes felt like filler material, and they really didn't have much to do beside a few great scenes.

The music was solid, but not extraordinary or anything.

Overall, I think this is one of Sakamoto-sensei's weakeast dramas so far, but it's still better than most of the romantic dramas released nowadays, I recommend it to those looking for a slightly bittersweet slice-of-life romantic drama.

Gomenne Seishun!
Feb 1, 2015
I wacthed Gomenne Seishun! because it starred two of my favourite japanese actors: Hikari Mitsushima and Ryo Nishikido. And it was pretty good.

The story is very original and quirky, I really liked it. It was very funny and entertaining. The story also tackles on some very important issues like discrimination, bullying and LGBT, which rarely appear in japanese dramas. What's more, they were tackled with a surprising seriousness, and that was great.

The cast was great. Ryo Nishikido and Hikari Mitsushima were fantastic, as I expected. The rest of the cast was also great, but Yuta Koseki deserves a special mention for his performance in episode 8.

The music was nothing special, but the theme song by Kanjani8 was pretty good.

In conclusion, Gomenne Seishun! is a very funny and well acted drama that also has a serious side when it tackles on some very important issues, which I appreciated.

Seirei no Moribito
May 14, 2016
Let me start by saying that I haven't seen the anime, and I haven't read the books either, so I don't know if this is a good adaptation or not. But I can definitely say that it's a great drama. I love a good fantasy, and this is a really good one.

The story isn't something that hasn't been done before, but it's really entertaining, and there were more fantasy elements than I initally expected. I think the pace was perfect, not too fast and not too slow, so you can get to know the characters but it never gets boring. That being said, I must warn you, it ends with a cliffhanger (season 2 starts in January).

The acting was pretty good too. I have never thought that Ayase Haruka was a really good actress, just an alright one. And I really didn't see her playing a credible action heroine. And yet, she really surprised me. She's great throughout the 4 episodes, and she has a very strong presence that makes for a great lead character. Most of the rest of actors were good too. I've always liked Higashide Masahiro a lot, and he's really good here. He's very funny and charismatic. Takashima Reiko was really funny too. Kimura Fumino is pretty good too, specially in the first episode. Kobayashi Kai is a bit annoying, and not the best of child actors, but I must admit the role was very difficult. Lastly, I won't say much about Fujiwara Tatsuya, because I've hated him for a long time, so I'm too biased (he overacts SO MUCH, it's incredibly annoying). Thank god he doesn't appear much.

The music was spectacular, it felt like listening to a movie soundtrack. Actually, most about this drama felt like a movie. All the technical aspectas were miles better than in the average j-drama. It's clear that they had a pretty big budget. The cinematography was great, and so were the costumes (even if a few of them were a bit ridiculous). The special effects were great, considering it's a J-drama (effects in j-movies aren't much better...). But mostly, I was shocked by how good the fight scenes were. They're the best fight scenes I've seen in a Japanese prodcution, drama or movie.

To sum up, I was pleasantly surprised by Seirei no Moribito in almost every way. I can't wait for the second season, even if there are still 8 months left. I guess in the meantime I'll have to watch the anime adaptation.

N no Tame ni
Feb 1, 2015
N no Tame ni caught my attention when I read that it was based on a book by Kanae Minato. Kanae Minato also wrote a book called ''Confessions'', which was adapted into one of my favorite films ever. That's why I decided to watch it. And it turned out to be AMAZING.

The story is slow paced, but it's extremely addictive. It's very mysterious you never know what's going to happen, and I didn't figure out what happened during ''the day of the incident'' until a few seconds before that scene started. I loved the way they used the scenes of ''the day of the incident'' throughout all the episodes, adding a few more seconds to the scene in each episode. There were a ton of beautiful moments too. Also, the character development was brilliant.

The acting was AWESOME. Nana Eikura was amazing, she did a great job playing Nozomi, one of the best performances I've seen in a while. Masataka Kubota, Kento Kaku and Keisuke Koide did a fantastic job, too.

The music was SPECTACULAR. This is probably the best OST I've ever heard in a japanese drama. I can't stop listening to it. And the theme song is really beautiful.

The cinematography was so beautiful that it left me astonished. You need to watch this in HD.

To sum up, N no Tame ni is a really mysterious and beautiful drama, filled with great performances, a fantastic story, outstanding music and a spectacular cinematography. You really need to watch this as soon as possible.

Tokyo Tribe
Feb 15, 2015
Tokyo Tribe is, no doubt, one of the most bizarre films I've ever seen. I was kind of expecting that, considering the director is the wonderful and weird Sion Sono. This fil is just very weird.

The story itself is the weakest apsect of the film. The first half of the film was a bit slow, but once the Tribes war starts, it gets REALLY entertaining and fun. Sometimes the story it's a bit silly, and that's why I didn't like it as much as other things in the film.

I'm pretty sure that the cast had a blast making this film, because it clearly shows in their performances. Many of the actors aren't real actors, they are rappers, martial artists, models, etc, but they fit in perfectly, and their performances are great. To me, Ryohei Suzuki gives the best performance as Merra.

The music is SPECTACULAR. This is easily the best soundtrack I've heard in a long time, and I don't even like rap or hip hop music. A great part of the dialogues are said through rap, so if you hate rap, this film isn't for you. But if you don't hate it, you should give it a try, even if you don't like too much.

Another thing that definitily deserves mention is the production design. The sets are GORGEOUS. I was surprised when I found out the film was made on a low budget, because the sets look expensive. They are really beautiful and well done. And the lighting is gorgeous too.

To sum up, if you're looking for a fun but bizarre experience, Tokyo Tribe is the film for you, and it comes with good performances, fantastic music and gorgeous visuals.

Feb 1, 2015
I decided to watch ''Crying Out Love, In The Center of the World'' without knowing too much about it, and it surprised me a lot, because it's a fantastic film.

The story is completely beautiful. Yes, it's very sad, but it's a fantastic story. Many people say this film is too slow, but I didn´t think so. In my opinion, the pace was perfect for this story.

The acting was great. Mirai Moriyama and Masami Nagasawa were fantastic, especially Masami. Ko Shibasaki was very good too, but she has a rather small role in the film. Takao Osawa was the weakest one, but he was very good too.

The music was quite simple, but it fitted the story and the tone of the film perfectly. The song at the end credits was beautiful.

I also have to mention the cinematography. It was gorgeous.

To sum up, ''Crying Out Love, In The Center of the World'' is a beautiful but sad film about first loves and how those have in an influence in our lives, even when we grow up. I'll definitely watch it again soon.

P.S. The book the film is based on, which is titled ''Socrates in Love'', is even better. I really recommend it.

Totto TV
Aug 24, 2016
I was really looking forward to Totto TV, mainly because it stars one of my favorite actresses, Mitsushima Hikari, and I wasn't disappointed at all. It's a really short watch (I finished it in just a few hours), but it's also really fun.

The story was great. It was really cool learning about Tetsuko's life and how the TV business started in Japan. I loved the style of the show: it's very lighthearted, and it quickly makes you hooked. I laughed a lot, specially during the first 4 episodes. There are few moments during the last few episodes that are more dramatic, but they're just as heartwarming as the rest of the show.

The acting was absolutely top-notch, just like I expected. Mitsushima Hikari's performance is arguably her best beside Soredemo, Ikite Yuku and Woman. It's clear that she had a lot of fun playing this character and that shows on screen. She carries the entire series on her own, but the rest of the cast was also very good, specially Yoshida Kotaro, Hamada Gaku and Nakamura Shido. It also made me really happy when Nishikado Ryo showed up for a couple of episodes, since he's one of my favorite actors. He's as charming as ever, of course.

As for the music, there is one performance at the end of each episode, and I really liked how they were incorporated into the story.

I also want to comment on the style of the show. It mixes a lot of different elements: there are times where it feels like a documentary, while at other times it feels like a biopic or theatre. It's a very original approach to the story and it makes Totto TV different from any other dramas.

In conclusion, Totto TV is probably the best drama I've seen this year, thanks mainly to a brilliant, charming performance by Mitsushima Hikari. I really wished it would've been longer because it's awesome. I recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, short watch.

The World of Kanako
Apr 2, 2015
The World Of Kanako is a extremely disturbing and violent film. Like all of Tetsuya Nakashima's films, it also has a very unique tone and style that you won't find anywhere else. That being said, I think this is probably his weakest film, probably because he tried to do too much in just two hours. Despite that, Nakashima's direction is one of the strongest points of the film, and I have to say I enjoyed it.

The story is very disturbing: there are rapes, murders, beatings, drugs, prostitution, etc... That kind of content COMPLETELY fills the film. Besides, none of the characters are likeable. Not even a bit. You might pity some, but that's it. I HATED them. And yet, I couldn't stop watching. No matter how disturbing and violent the film became, I could not take my eyes away. There's something mesmerizing about it. And the story itself is rather interesting.

What makes the film so mesmerizing is probably it's OUTSTANDING acting. The cast alone is already jaw-dropping.
EVERY ONE is amazing. Koji Yakusho gives a completely committed and award-worthy performance as the completely hateful Akikazu Fujishima. Miki Nakatani is in the film for about 10 minutes, but you can't forget her.
But the young cast are the ones that truly deserve praise. In this film you can find the actors that are probably going to be the future of japanase cinema. Nana Komatsu is hypnotizing as Kanako. You hate her as much as you love her, no matter what she does. And trust me, she does some stuff that's utterly disgusting. Fumi Nikaido, Ai Hashimoto and Aoi Morikawa don't get too much screen time, but every single one of their scenes is fantastic, and their acting is SPECTACULAR, especially, Fumi Nikaido's. Hiroya Shimizu gives one of the BEST performances in the film. Trust me, he's one to watch. Mahiro Takasugi and Shono Hayama don't appear much, but they're scary in this film.

The soundtrack is also pretty good, and it fits the film really well.
I also have to mention the cinematography and the editing of the film. Both aspects are VERY impressive in this film (they always are impressive in a film by Tetsuya Nakashima).

I don't know if I'll watch it again soon, because it's very disturbing and hard to watch, but I liked it.

To sum up, The World of Kanako is a extremely disturbing film, but its direction and its cast, which is one of the best casts I've ever seen, are more than enough to give it a chance. If you like Tetsuya Nakashima's work (specially Confessions), don't even hesitate, because you're probably going to like it as much as I did.

Descendants of the Sun
Apr 19, 2016
I think expectatives for Descendants of the Sun were incredibly high everywhere. I mean, it was going to serve as Song Joong-ki's comeback. And I believe it mostly worked very well.

The story was alright. I usually love slice of life romances, so I had no real problem with the plot (unlike many people, who complain that the drama doesn't have a plot at all). The thing is that the story was VERY fun and entertaining, even if at many points it was too over the top. I must admit there were a few episodes that I felt were too unbelievable (especially episodes 11 and 12), but they were still fun. And well, the 'villain', was ridiculous.

The cast was mostly brilliant. Song Joong-ki absolutely steals the show. He's extremely charismatic, and I 'm sure he could have chemistry even with a wall. Many people don't like Song Hye Kyo, but I think she did the best with what she was given. Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won (especially her) were great as the second lead, although I didn't found their story that interesting. From the supporting cast I must praise Seo Jeong Yeon and Lee Seung Jun, because their characters were one of my favorite things in this drama. On the other hand, I felt Onew was incredibly over the top, especially in the earthquake episodes.

The soundtrack was brilliant. I'm used to watching mostly j-dramas, where there is only 1 insert song, or 2 at most. But here there were a lot, and I think I loved every single one.

Another thing that must be pointed out are the production values. The show lookes GREAT, it really shows that it had a very big budget, and it even felt like a blockbuster at times.

Like I said, the story is very fun and entertaining, so I'm pretty sure this has a fantastic rewatch value.

To sum up, I think DOTS is a very entertaining drama, even if at times it's too over the top or unbelievable. And honestly, it's worth watching just for the cast and the production values.

Attack on Titan
Aug 17, 2015
I was really looking forward to watching this film, since I'm a HUGE fan of the original manga and anime. It was obvious to me that the film was going to be extremely different to the original material, so I wasn't surprised by the changes and I didn't care too much about them. That being said, I was disappointed, and I didn't like the film.
The story has way too many stupid moments. The start of the film (the first 30 minutos or so) was quite good, but it just got worse after that. The characters do a lot of stupid things, and the visual effects look quite ridiculous. I understand that they had a rather small budget, but it's just that he film looked ugly. The best part of the film were the titans. They were so creepy, and I loved that.
The acting was pretty bad all around. I've never thought of Miura Haruma as a good actor, and he's very over the top in this film, even if he's somewhat charismatic. Mizuhara Kiko is beautiful, but she's not a good actress. She shows almost no emotion. I was also surprised by how bad Hasegawa Hiroki was. I've always thought he was quite good, but he's awful here. The best acting came from Isihara Satomi, who clearly haves a lot of fun playing her character.
The soundtrack was OK, even if there were times where it didn't fit too well with the film. The credits song by Sekai no Owari was not too good, though.
Despite all the negative aspects, the movie was pretty fun and entertaining, thanks to the titans, so I don't think it's a complete waste of time.
To sum up, Attack On Titan is disappointing in almost every aspect, but it's also fun so I recommend it to those who are looking for something fun to pass time.
P.S. There's quite a lot of blood and gore, so if you don't like that this film is not for you.

Scandal Makers
May 16, 2015
I decided to watch Scandal Makers because it was from the same director who made Sunny, which is one of the best films I've seen in some time. And I was not disappointed.

The story is definitely not very original. But it works. It has some VERY funny moments, but what made it so good were the characters. The relationship between the three main characters was just so GREAT. I really liked the ending too.

The cast was part of what made the characters so good. Cha Tae Hyun is very convincing in his role, and Park Bo Young (who was also really good in A Werewolf Boy) was great. I loved her death stares. The kid, Wang Seok Hyeon was, to put it simply, delightful.

Music was a big part of the film, and the songs used in the film were pretty good. I'm not sure if Park Bo Young really sings the songs in the film, but if she does she's got an amazing voice.

It's a very funny film, and it's not very long so I'm sure I'll watch it again soon.

Overall, Scandal Makers is a very fun film, with some great characters and a really good cast. I highly recommend it.

Sunny
May 16, 2015
I didn't know what to expect from Sunny. I knew it had been a HUGE success in South Korea, but it didn't seem like the kind of film I'd like. And i was wrong. VERY wrong. Sunny is easily one of the best films I've ever seen.

The story might not be the most original one ever, but it's told in a very refreshing way that makes it work. It's not a comedy, and it's not a tear jerker. It's both, you laugh (A LOT) but there are also many sad moments. I fell in love with this story. Also I really liked how the director mixed the characters lives when they were young with some historical moments.

The entire cast was AWESOME. The adults and the teens, both. The stand-outs are definitely Shim Eun Kyeong and Kang So Ra. But they all played the characters very well. I was really impressed.

The music was OUTSTANDING. This film was filled with music from the 80s, which was really cool. The song ''Sunny'' will be stuck in your head for weeks if you see this film.

I will for sure watch this film again soon. It's very entertaining, but it also has some awesome with whom you fell in love throughout the film. I really recommend it if you're looking for a entertaining film with a solid story that's both comedic and deep. Serioulsy, this is one of the best films I've seen in a long time.

Nodame Cantabile
Feb 24, 2015
Nodame Cantabile is a very funny and entertaining drama. I wasn't expecting much of it, but I ended up loving it. It surprised me in every single way.

The story is great. It is extremely funny, I laughed a lot watching and it also has it's dramatic moments. The characters are fantastic. Nodame is so eccentric, but she's also lovable. The story and the characters develop brilliantly, and it was also more original than I expected.

The acting may be a bit exaggerated, but it fits the tone of the drama and the story perfectly. Ueno Juri is PERFECT as Nodame, I don't think anyoine will ever play her as well as Ueno. Takenaka Naoto was AMAZING, I laughed every single time he appeared. Koide Keisuke also surprised me. I had seen him in ''N no Tame ni'', and I still can't believe it's the same person.

The music is no doubt the best aspect of this drama. I've never really listened to classical music, but I think I've become a fan thanks to this drama.

To sum up, Nodame Cantabile is a very fun and entertaining drama, with a great story, great acting, and a fantastic soundtrack.

Himizu
Dec 7, 2014
Himizu is SPECTACULAR. Sono is probably the best japanese film director working nowadays, and that can be seen in this film.

The script is fantastic, just like his direction. The film is hard to watch, and there are times when you don't understand what's going on, but it is breathtaking, anyway. The ending was very emotional, and I'll never forget it.

The acting was OUTSTANDING. Shota Sometani and Fumi Nikaido are two of the best actors I've ever seen. Their roles were very complicated, but they still gave brilliant performances. The rest of the cast is great too.

The music was also incredible. The score was BEAUTIFUL. It was perfect for this film.

I also have to say that the cinematography was astonishing, probably the best I've seen in a japanese film so far.

Overall I have to give it a 10, because I think Himizu is an outstanding film. I recommend it to everyone who's a fan of Sion Sono's work.

1 Litre no Namida
Nov 29, 2014
I started watching this drama with very high expectations, and it has met all of them. The story is beautiful, and more believable than I expected (although there were a few corny moments). I loved the story so much that I'm going to read the book it is based on.
The acting was SPECTACULAR. Everyone was really good, but Erika Sawajiri's performance is, in my opinion, the best one. She was incredible in the last few episodes.
The music was very good, too, especially the insert songs.
Someday I will watch it again, becauste I think it's a masterpiece.
I recommend 1 Litre of Tears to everyone who is looking for a beautiful story, with great characters and fantastic acting :)
P.S. You'll probably cry while watching it ;)