There’s only been six dramas this year I’ve watched and out of six only four have lived up to my expectations. At first I thought The heir was top 1 than I thought ZZA was top 1. I also thought the kdrama FIL was top 1. Even TEF was top 1. Well, as a frenquent drama watcher. I was completely wrong. my top 2026 drama list has shifted. Top 1. Key to the Phoenix heart.
This drama, the writing, pacing, directing, acting, storyline, and of course the leads, supporting cast. Just the full cast down to the sound engineer was outstanding.
I can’t believe how I’m shifting my list around and making other dramas take the backseat. I didn’t have doubts as others, and the haters. Becuase Neo and Ai mi can act. However, I was worried the writing would’ve soured or got boring. I was wrong. This drama deserves a higher douban score whenever it comes out. But I will settle for a 7.0 or more. This is just beautiful and reminds me of older Chinese dramas. I look forward to a second collaboration perhaps next year. With netizens calling on a modern day drama with the two. I can concur and say I want the same. The drama is truly that good.
if it bothers you so much you have the option to not pay attention to this drama or others. like netizens said…
sorry you seem confused. I know you like to think of yourself as a justice warrior for the non victims who never claimed to be nor want to be claimed as such. I know this went over your head. it’s fine I was expecting that. Anyhoos enjoy the drama and the pairing. it’s breaking records and has been rated S+ now sits inside of IqYi hall of fame of 2026 dramas. see ya.
I might hate Xie Jia Yu if a mature actress played this role. And the answer to your question is Aimi has 10 years…
Ami auditioned. Just like everyone else who wanted the role and from Neitzens she blew everyone outta the way. The directors knew then they found their person.
Can we stop casting barely legal actors in romantic roles, especially opposite significantly older costars? I…
if it bothers you so much you have the option to not pay attention to this drama or others. like netizens said about backlash from intl fans. no one questioned when Crystal Leifei was casted alongside HuGe who was way older than her when she was only just 16. Vice versa with other actresses in their 50s trying to play 16 year olds. It’s just fictional art and actors age shouldn’t be an issue. they’re not making xxx content. not everyone wants romantic kisses. a lot of netizens are actually pleased with this drama taking it back to Chinese roots. without all the spit swapping kisses or aggressively love.
I can’t believe I’m really enjoying a drama that isn’t a short drama but has 28 epsiodes so much. Neo and Ai Mi the whole cast is bringing their A game. I can see why netizens are calling this 2026 dark horse, and golden bone. It’s that good. I do wanna point out to others watching the show. You have to remember the FL is 16-17 years old. She also was sheltered and baby all her life. By her mother and no good of a adopted father. She’s still trying to see good in everyone around her. That includes her new found growing feelings towards Ml. You also gotta remember she hated him for taking her away from Li Mao. Her childhood sweetheart. She blamed him for how her life has gone poorly. Which we can’t deny he did ruined her brief fake happiness. Taking her as his wife because he thought she was an enemy. Both characters are learning to trust, open their hearts, and lean onto the other. They’re now learning to actually love, to be loved, to fall in love. You can’t expect her to grow up so fast after never experiencing any of the hardships she’s going through now. Xie Jia Yu. isn’t dumb, she’s not stupid. She’s a skeptist. Can’t blame her. She’s realstic. I don’t want a FL who after spending time with the ML and seeing a different side go “Oh, he’s a good man Savannah” ignoring all the other stuff he’s done or will do. What I love about Xie Jia Yu is she reminds me of my songbird character Xiao Qiao from POb. She was military smart but worldly senseless at times. She didn’t go all out trusting the ML at once either. She graudally got to know him and then she fell in love. Both leads in that drama tip toed between friends to lovers to husband and wife. On and off until almost the very end of the drama. When they did the deed. Xia Jie Yu is the same. Albeit I feel as if she’s much better than Xiao Qiao especially with up and coming episodes she looks to be actually still trusting Xiao Wu Yi and standing beside him. She’s standing her ground and drawing her battle lines with who she aligned herself with. She’s also falling in love for the first time. Which might make her do some questionable stupid things but remember she’s a 16-17 year old girl. She’s supposed to grow and learned from this all. Which is why her marrying Xiao Wu Yi unintentionally was the best thing for her. He’s her sword and she’s his phoenix. Granted he’s the actual phoenix but in his heart she’s his phoenix. She makes his heart beat with fire and passion. He makes her stronger with passion and fire. This is why I am so proud of this drama and the actors, writing etc. It’s telling an actual love story that would’ve been back then. Which is why netizens are enjoying this drama a lot. The reason why it’s trending none stop on Weibo and other Chinese platforms in good remarks, the reason is getting more word of mouth praise. Is because the drama is giving netizens a classic old school drama feel. They can relate finally to characters in a drama. This drama is that.
1. Original Script2. The script was written as 28 episodes. No episodes were cut. All the reuters of the filming…
maybe you should’ve kept it to yourself since you can’t give out the information link. I’m sorry but it gives you wanted a reaction and wanted to stir up trouble because other trolls and antics are doing the same. deleting your comment and only talking about the drama itself as the drama page is made for such things. would be best. bringing ill gossip no matter the reason will have others upset and send this to the actors themselves so their studios can continue with the malicious lawsuits against such people.
1. Original Script2. The script was written as 28 episodes. No episodes were cut. All the reuters of the filming…
I agree if you don’t give the link it becomes suspicious as if they’re the ones who are saying this. not accusing them but they need to be called out whoever is actually saying this. Ai mi and Neo studios will love to add these crazy claims for filing lawsuits against all of the negativity.
ugh the age comments are so annoying and pointless. just wash, rinse, repeat. like if it bothers you so dang much stop commenting on a drama page you claimed scares you. Stop engaging on a drama page that clearly scares you or make you feel uncomfortable. we’ve heard all of the same complaints. the drama is out and successfully being praised and breaking records in China. You’re not Chinese so stop worrying about Chinese actors, their laws, and their rules. it’s clear you don’t really understand Eastern Asia if you can’t simply understand this is fictional work and no one involved broke any rules. Anywys, I can’t wait for my girl Xia Jia Yu to show her love for our boy Xiao Wu Yi. She’s gotten him hooked on her already like a little lost puppy. Just from being herself.
This drama, the writing, pacing, directing, acting, storyline, and of course the leads, supporting cast. Just the full cast down to the sound engineer was outstanding.
I can’t believe how I’m shifting my list around and making other dramas take the backseat. I didn’t have doubts as others, and the haters. Becuase Neo and Ai mi can act. However, I was worried the writing would’ve soured or got boring. I was wrong. This drama deserves a higher douban score whenever it comes out. But I will settle for a 7.0 or more. This is just beautiful and reminds me of older Chinese dramas. I look forward to a second collaboration perhaps next year. With netizens calling on a modern day drama with the two. I can concur and say I want the same. The drama is truly that good.
https://weibo.com/6251534126/5321730970361571