Editorials
Replying to ZibaN • Jul 23, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
Usually people give their opinions after the drama ends because judging something before it's completed is unfair…
next time I post just worried bout yourself. clueless as a bird
0 1
Replying to ZibaN • Jul 23, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
Usually people give their opinions after the drama ends because judging something before it's completed is unfair…
doesn’t matter. I said what I said. you’re on my comment. which wasn’t for you or them.
1 3
Replying to ZibaN • Jul 23, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
Usually people give their opinions after the drama ends because judging something before it's completed is unfair…
this wasn’t a comment to disagree or to agree. I didn’t need feedback from anyone
1 0
Replying to ZibaN • Jul 23, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
Usually people give their opinions after the drama ends because judging something before it's completed is unfair…
if I didn’t call you out you shouldn’t feel some way so must mean you’re the hater in question
5 8
On Key to the Phoenix Heart • Jul 23, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
not the haters coming after the drama has ended and successful broke records. typical losers.
15 14
Replying to RilakkumasBubbleTea • Jul 23, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
I for one am glad they didn't and Ai Mi was giving a chance to shine. I don't need an older actress just to see…
very well said. I don’t understand why must people have to see a couple in a drama / show kiss to truly believe their love is genuine and real? Even if they casted someone older there are plenty dramas where you still didn’t get a kiss nor needed one. The advisor alliance is one of those dramas for the CP I adored. So was Sword Snow stride etc.
15 0
On Key to the Phoenix Heart • Jul 23, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
ugh I can’t stay away. this is definitely one of those dramas you will look back on and be like “a classic masterpiece.” that’s how good this drama is. We didn’t need kisses, or steamy moments to drum up romance and showcase the love between the leads. I think many watchers are thinking this drama should’ve been like LITC, POJ, POB, etc where you had some steamy kissing scenes. Or just regular peck bird kisses. I disagree. I’m glad this drama didn’t called for openly out there kissing or kiss scenes. We forget being in love and showing affection isn’t just kissing. A gentle touch, a longing stare will go a long way than a kiss. The way Neo played Xiao Wu Yi you felt his pain, hunger, devotion, and love for Xie Jia Yu. Ai Mi also played Xie Jia Yu perfectly. The role was meant to be played by an actual person of that age. She nailed it. You got to follow along with Xie Jia Yu as she grew up from the pampered daughter to a respectful master craftsman’s and Heir consort. She wielded her own destiny. We got to see the light in Ai Mi’s eyes reflect the shift in when Xie Jia Yu was falling in love. When her views were changing and her outside world was reddening. I can’t think of anyone else in these roles. Kudos also to Riley he played the hell outta Li Mao. So much I almost forgot how innocently he looks. I really wanna see these three in another drama together. Since they’ve eached worked with each other on set in the past. Ai Mi is getting so much love and support in China right now I am blown away. Neo is Neo. He’s always had respect and love. He’s now getting even more with his protryal of a general with imperfections and determination. The way you can see everyone’s actual skin and pores makes this drama even more delicious. I hate seeing filters on a drama with my favorites. So it was nice to see everyone had less makeup and no filters on. It reminded me of Yang Yang in ZZA. He showed all his pores etc. When an actor isn’t afraid to let go of the perfect image. That is when you know you’ve got a real star on your hands. I can only think of a few who would do that. With that being said. I’m glad this drama is / has done extremely better than expected.
19 0
On Key to the Phoenix Heart • Jul 23, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
this drama right here has restored my faith in Chinese dramas going forward. it has renewed traditional Chinese dramas. returning back to their roots without westernization methods. All I can say is this is 2026 top drama for me. A truly dark horse of the half year. I hope we get a second pairing with these two. I would love to see them in a modern or Xianxia maybe wuxia drama. Another thing I don’t care Li Mao, Grand tutor and Li Le Jun all turned coat or pretended. The 💩 they pulled was beyond cruel to Xiao Wu Yi and Xie Jia Yu. I can’t get over Any of it. Another thing I wanna see Riley and Ai mi in a lead role spite my hatred for Li Mao. Riley has been a fav of mines for years as well. The chemistry wasn’t just there with the leads but also with Ai Mi and Riley. Hope we can get that someday. bravo again. I also heard the douban score is expecting to be 7.4. I haven’t seen the official douban score be released on the official drama Weibo page. But if it’s 7.4 congrats to all. This drama has a rewatch value of a billion in my book. It’s now up there with rebel princess, Novoland eagle flag, goodbye my princess, legend of Fuyao, and ashes of love.
12 0
Replying to ClaudiaDramaLover • Jul 23, 2026
Person Ai Mi
I hope she does, because now she turned 18 and would be able to do romance dramas and the kissing some yearn on…
girl / sir you’re reading into too much. it’s not that deep. if you thinks so whatever. I said that’s nice for you meaning it’s nice that you think that way. what more you want me to do? run lap? praise you up in the comments? it’s not that deep. I agreed with your comment now stop pestering me.
0 0
Replying to Krystal • Jul 23, 2026
Person Ai Mi
I hope this is really true. Deng Wei and AiMi are my favorites. Can't wait for the confirmation.
metoo
1 0
Replying to ClaudiaDramaLover • Jul 23, 2026
Person Ai Mi
I hope she does, because now she turned 18 and would be able to do romance dramas and the kissing some yearn on…
that’s nice for you
0 2
Replying to ClaudiaDramaLover • Jul 22, 2026
Person Ai Mi
I hope she does, because now she turned 18 and would be able to do romance dramas and the kissing some yearn on…
I haven’t seen netizens on Weibo or remote complain. if anything it’s been intl fans. but whatever
1 4
Replying to ClaudiaDramaLover • Jul 22, 2026
Person Ai Mi
I hope she does, because now she turned 18 and would be able to do romance dramas and the kissing some yearn on…
honestly I don’t care about kiss scenes. doesn’t matter what age the actor or actress is. I’m someone who doesn’t need overblown romance forced into my face with kisses every min. Romance for me can be without kisses and that’s what I prefer. to each their own.
1 7
On Key to the Phoenix Heart • Jul 21, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
I can’t wait to binge watch this drama. I’m very picky with my pairings of Neo and the first drama I ever saw of his that made me become a fan was “A girl like me.” From there on I could not see him with any other actress. Until now. Ai Mi chemistry was something I didn’t know I needed for a pairing with one of my favs. I can’t believe I actually pushed AGLM pairing second with LITC pairing third for this pairing to be number one. That just shows me how good he is, and how good Ai Mi is with him. Their chemistry can’t be deny nor dismissed, belittled or hindered. Thus this drama will now sit in my heart’s vault alongside some of my big heavy weight dramas. It gives you so much depth, memorable movements and so on. There’s times I’m furious or frustrated with other dramas plots, characters that no matter if I’m enjoying the drama. I will fast forward or tune out. Not with this drama. I walked the long road. Because I was afraid if I fast forward, tuned out, or even placed this drama on hold. I would miss something important. I’m glad I didn’t, this drama reminds me of them older palace dramas with generals fighting for the people and their love one. Neo and Ai Mi gave me General and me, A General lady vibes and so on with this drama. The in depth story the drama portrays to viewers can keep you guessing for years. Just when you think you’ve figured this character out. Another Easter egg pops out. Another twist and reveal shows up. This is what a good drama is. Romance is nice and yes this drama has one of 2026’s best romances for me. For a non romance focus drama. I think the way Xiao Wu Yi shows his love for Xie Jia Yu and vice versa. Is some of the purest form of true love I’ve seen in a very long time. You can feel the passion and love between the characters with the way the leads are pouring into their roles. I’m glad this drama is a successful S+ rated hit. Spite not getting a lot of promotion this dark horse of IQYI has capture billions’s of netizens hearts and intl fans hearts all over. This is definitely a rewatch value for me. My only wished is soon it’ll be on Viki. I love to have my favorite dramas also on Viki as to add them to my watchlist and subscribe wall. Nevertheless, I encourage anyone who’s doubting or curious to give this drama a chance. Go into it open minded and clear hearted. You’ll see why it’s making waves in China and all over the world.
8 0
Replying to rockdj • Jul 21, 2026
Title The Eternal Fragrance
I curse the writer, people who write, create , act and like and who speead thos type of 3rd class p_ron related…
the only thing that’s killing anyone is your broken English. As someone who’s native tongue isn’t English. I can speak more clearly and non delusional as you. 😭😂😫
2 0
Replying to nicaskiv • Jul 21, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
wow, that's a nice score! i hope it'll be higher considering the amount of praises and appreciation the drama…
7.0 is still pretty high in douban scores. so even if it’s only 7.0 that is impressive for a drama that had only 28 epsiodes, and with a Ai mi being FL for the first time. it showed the drama did amazingly well in China. Even a 6.0 douban score is considered pretty decent.
9 0
Replying to Love • Jul 21, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
Why there is no express episodes
express from what I was told is next week. the calendar should be in the images page
1 1
Replying to Hou Mie • Jul 21, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
this drama isn’t romance based and isn’t base on a novel. it’s a original script and the original script…
she leaves to do her own thing. I see many enjoying that aspect which i find enjoyable. I don’t need a fl lead to stay at home and knit and cry over her husband. instead she leaves to help him and also do something that she needs to do. but again its just me and its alright if you wanted her to not leave because it gives contrived writing. I do believe it actually benefits the storyline than rather her staying.
1 1
Replying to batatatamusic • Jul 20, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
Let's just say Min Hao is an absolute lovable fool—it's practically impossible not to like him. Better yet,…
this drama isn’t romance based and isn’t base on a novel. it’s a original script and the original script didn’t called for romance centric. that’s why you’re seeing less romance it’s not the focus. but even with the less romance it’s giving way more to be expected. it’s making fans such as myself being from Eastern Asia and even mainland fans. Intl fans hope for returning to Chinese drama roots. where we don’t have leads kissing passionately or kissing in ever scene. For me this type of drama is my favorite. Which is why I support Yang Zi, Yang Yang, Xiao Zhan, Cheng Yi etc. These actress and actors are people who don’t have romance centric dramas anymore. As they’ve stepped far away from the CP power. Neo is venturing into this as well and I am loving it. He still does romance dramas but this one is perfect for him to take on. Which is another reason why I support him and love. Ai Mi is just now having her first female lead and this one and her other drama already flimed isn’t romance centric. Which is also good. I love dramas that doesn’t focus on romance solely but everything else around it with romance being the foot stool. But this is just my own thoughts expressing why I think it works for this drama. 😊
4 4
On Key to the Phoenix Heart • Jul 20, 2026
Title Key to the Phoenix Heart
I’m hearing the drama is expected to opened with a douban score of 7.0
10 3