• Location: By the beach.
  • Join Date: May 8, 2012

biniBningPunkista

By the beach.

biniBningPunkista

By the beach.
Dong Yi
Jul 25, 2012
After 60 episodes of Dong Yi, I realized how epic her story was. It was a beautiful drama with a very touching sound track but I couldn't help compare it to Jang Geum. Not in a bad way though. Dong Yi is worth the watch for every episode because the conspiracy among politics and the lies that has been revealed was always an eye opener. Another thing than amused me thoroughly was how they come up with answers in every political problem.

This drama shows that every lie or bad deed shall be discovered. It may not be today, tomorrow or even soon enough but in the long run… it comes out one way or another. When it does, there are always consequences. That is whether one is forgiven from one's stupid action or would end up with dire consequences.

I loved Dong Yi's character, where she was able to be a person with tough principles through and through. Growing in virtue and without political ambition inside a palace is such a rare thing. Another character that got to me was the king. I love the role he played all through out. He wasn't the average king character where I-am-the-king-so-I-can-do-everything-I-want cliché. Contrary to this, his throne is like a curse, where he has to think very deeply before making any decisions. Though when it comes to Dong Yi- the king's truest love, he is always on inner turmoil. The things Dong-Yi gets herself involved into always keeps the king on his toes. Heh.

Story wise, I have no complains for Dong-Yi. It doesn't have much of loop holes for a long running sageuk drama unlike Queen Seon Duk which left me with so much question and critics besides the high rating and the epic characters. *insert Bidam and Queen Mishil*

Dr. Ian
Jun 28, 2015
I love the cinematography of this drama and the way how cool Kim Young Kwang's character was in all of this. In comparison to his other role in "Pinocchio". I'm glad he gets to be happy and be all cool at the same time. Also... have I mentioned how much I like his jeep? That yellow jeep he is using around is deabak!

Anyways... the main reason I watched this drama was because of Sandara Park. I've been waiting for so long to find a drama in which she will be the main lead after watching that CM she had with Lee Min Ho. I was thinking perhaps she will finally have a break... and she did. Even if it's just in a web based drama, I'm still glad they were able to cast her as one of the main leads. Acting wise, Dara still has room to improve but she has definitely improved a LOT from the last time I've seen her act which was years ago (Not including her CM with LMH). As for Young Kwang, he definitely did evolve somehow. Or maybe it was just the character portrayal?

Story wise, this drama was a bit absurd. Don't get me wrong because I loved the characters even the supporting ones, but I just couldn't get the gist of the story. Maybe someone has to explain it to me again or I have to re-watch it to actually understand what happened. I'm still quite confused as to what is the real deal with Dr. Ian and that other guy. For me, there were unresolved issues for the doctor. The story between Dr. Ian and So Dam though is quite amusing, however it lacked a bit of substance. After the show I was saying to myself, "That's it? That's all how it's going to be? Mission? What kind of mission is that???", watching the relationship develop for these couple is frustrating. It was all about cinematography-crying-talking-crying-cinematography-insert music, angst and a few sweet moments.

The music was good and I have no complaints on that, I just couldn't get over the fact that the story line was just up to that given that it only had 9 episodes and 11 minutes run time. It was short and a bit disappointing. I honestly believe this web drama could have been better but as an audience, I had to take it as it is and enjoy it as delivered.

Thank goodness I loved seeing Dara and Young Kwan on screen that my disappointments are skewered by these actors.

Triple
Jul 25, 2012
The drama seemed to have a promising start… but it gradually made me want to tear my hair out in frustration. Why? There were those moments where Haru and Shin Hwal had this brother-sister affection but has to be marred by Haru's other intentions which eventually puts a rift to their sibling affections.

I leave my hatred to the writers. There could have been MORE to this drama. They have all the means in the world to evolve the story line into an epic something!

The main characters were all solid ones, portrayed by great actors and yet it flopped and killed my heart in the end. I couldn't say that I feel the same emptiness for the supporting cast because, I find liking the supporting cast more than the main ones. ~_~

There are two constant things that I liked in this drama. One, it was having Song Joong Ki as Ji Poong Ho. I love the persistence and his pure heart of a character. There are so many lines that he said to Haru but this one I like best: "It doesn't matter if you don't love me. I'll keep on loving you anyway." Aaaahh…. How could not the girl fall for someone like that? Geez… the guy's devotion all through out the drama was no joke even if you brought that to real life.

Two, was the lovely music all through out. If it wasn't for the music, this drama would have turned out more draggy that it seemed.

Over all, I couldn't really say I did not enjoy it and yet I couldn't also say I enjoyed it because there are some elements in this drama that was in the mediocre level. The word I could use for this drama is disappointing. Since that's what I was left feeling after finishing all 16 episodes. So don't expect me to recommend this... although, I would recommend the sound track for easy listening :)

Say Hello for Me
Jun 9, 2012
This movie is way far from being a Tada Kimi wo Aishiteru's beautiful sceneries or a Taiyou no Uta's great sound track but it has its own unique story line to tell.

For a non-Masami fan like me, this movie changed my whole opinion of her. I'm still not a fan, but I loved the way she acted here. It was a very heartfelt one and moved me to tears. Takayuki Yamada who was her co-star in the film was good, although not good looking like some Japanese actors I know, he had the charisma or an actor to let his viewers make them watch more and not get bored. Also Takashi Tsukamoto showed up in this film. I was racking my brains what movie I've seen him before, then it dawned on to me that it was Taiyou no Uta. His character there was a high school kid and they made him look so young, while in this movie he was so mature looking and hotter nonetheless.

Well back to the movie, the plot line was very interesting and surprising even with its little flash backs it didn't sway away from the whole story. Although there's this one glitch that itched on me, it was the disease that the main character had. It was a made up disease. They didn't even name it, so it seemed so unrealistic. This didn't make me dislike the movie though, it was still a creative thinking in a way. That's why I wouldn't take that simple observation as a count out of the rating I made. It made me cry the whole time and how my heart felt after finishing the movie. My tears was all worth it because the ending was much to my likeness.

Princess Jellyfish
Nov 16, 2015
Watching this movie was like opening a plastic wrap with a bunch of gummy bears. It was sweet, colorful and full of fun.

The movie may seem nonsensical or rather another "Make Over" concept at first, but gradually, the fun starts when the cross dressing male lead Koibuchi Kuranosuke gets more involved with the female lead Kurashita Tsukimi and her housemates. I think that's where the story line actually picks up. Kuragehime may not have a great romance aspect into it, but it does give hints as to whom the character's heart actually belongs to. The portrayal of an Otaku in this film is also quite a bit over rated to my taste but then there's Kuranosuke who by the way is trying to hide the fact that he is a male cross dressing as a female so as not to be hated by Tuskimi's housemates who thinks he is a girl... so that actually became a redeemer factor for me. The story revolves around this simple story line made complicated by the characters themselves. Though there may be additional conflict inserts along the plot line, it didn't give much impact to the over all feel of the film.

Acting wise, I really enjoyed the fact that the main lead is comfortable wearing female clothes and actually looks good in it. Compared to other cross dressed actors I've seen, Suda Masaki nailed his role, he never once looked like he was a trying-hard-wannabe-cross-dresser. It was fun watching him punch the air in excitement, dress up Mitzuki in pretty clothes and walk like a model while speaking in a male voice. The way he acted spelled FUN all over the place. Then there's our female lead, Mitzuki. Nounen Rena who portrayed this character (with her glasses on) looked so much like Aoi Miyazaki from the Movie - Tada Kimi Wo Aishiteru. Sorry, I had to insert that because I really found the resemblance quite astounding! Aside from that detail, I found myself liking her character. It wasn't as strong as the male lead, but it was cute enough to compliment Masaki along the way.

As for the other supporting actresses, I found each characters lovable: Banba (afro girl), Mayaya (Bangs Girl), Chieko (Doll Girl) and Jiji (Old Man lover girl). The person who caught my attention though was the afro girl. I really find her fetish for trains a bit odd, but her other skills like photography, having a keen eye, attention to details... those things made her really interesting. Oh! Her BIG Afro wig was a big plus too. Aside from these girls, I will have to insert Kuranosuke's brother - Shu Koibuchi and his ever faithful driver Yoshio Hanamori (played by my favorite Mokomichi Hayami-san!!!). Their tandem in this movie is funny, despite the over-acting in their part, I still find the slapstick comedy funny.

Music wise, I find it endearing and catchy, it also made me check out the band which was SEKAI NO OWARI. Ironically upon listening to their music they have the same feel as the American Band: Owl City, and when I did my research they already had a show together! That piece of information was really awesome. Another trivia about SEKAI NO OWARI, they are also the same band who sang the OST for Attack on Titans (but it's such a shame the movie wasn't up to my expections).

Over all, this will be worth your time if your mood is into a feel-good-funny movie with bits and pieces about Otakus, Gender Bender and Fashion.

Gu Family Book
Aug 18, 2013
Gu Family Book started off with a strong point for me. I loved the fact that the premise was a start of something awesome even though this were just THE parents of the half gumiho lead, which I watching for first two episodes. Nonetheless the characters were captivating and you could wish that it was them who would play the main characters. Yet we get disappointed because they were the power start and not the climax or the finale.

Now off to the main event, I wasn't really a fan of flashbacks to give substance to the stories. Flashbacks feel like cheating... so after those flashback from the main characters story I felt cheated but setting that aside, I love Yeo-wool's character. She was a bad ass woman with skills, the downer for me here is the consistency of her being bad ass. Initially she started off as being Kang-chi's protector then as the story progressed little by little Yeo-wool was turning into a damsel in distress. That annoyed me. If she was a bad assed chic who dress up as a man and could fight equally as a man, why didn't the writer own up to that character? I have this inkling the writer was trying to feminize Yeo-wool in way that would not over shadow Kang-chi's strength. My take on that? It was a lame move. Yeo-wool could still have supported Kang-chi even if she was strong.

As for Kang-chi's character, I like the way he progressed from being recklessly clueless about his real identity up the part when he has evolved to who he really is to the very last episode. I love how he decides on his own and the trail of thoughts that runs inside his half gumiho head. It shows how pure his heart really is. That's the kind of solid character I wanted in a drama I watch.

Of course if there are the good guys, there are also the bad guys. Jo Kwan-woong was the ultimate baddie in this drama and I just loved to hate the guy. I was already plotting my revenge on him inside my head because he has been killing off wonderful characters or marring their image to a point of no return. That's how affected I am with his character.

There were also several character that I liked:

Gon, he was that kind of guy who doesn't say too much but gives off all the vibes in his facial expressions and physical gesture. My favorite expression on his face is the I-like-you-lady-yeo-wool-but-I-could-never-have-you-because-I'm-only-here-to-protect-you-and-your-heart-already-belongs-to-someone-else.

Choon Soo-ryun the gisaeng head mistress because she's level headed and her principles are way beyond being desperate and lastly she's awesome with the five drum beat.

Finally there's Head servant Mr. Choi, Kang-chi's second dad. His character was consistent all throughout. Never wavers not even when he gets beaten up multiple times, he was one of the underrated characters which I would have cried if he got killed off.

The music score was lovely, I like the song they have used especially during the pilot episode for the mom and dad. It was cute, romantic and timely.

I would highly recommend this drama for those who are into sageuk fantasy. Its not too light but its also not too heavy as a kdrama. I'll have to say it's just the right mix. I just wish they make a second season out of this because I'm pretty much looking forward to it already.

JIN 2
Oct 15, 2012
Jin was a Jdrama I have been rooting for until the second season came out. I was slightly disappointed with how things ended, maybe it's me or rather the romantic side of me got ahead and decided this drama would not be listed as one of my favorite watch of all time.

Setting that aside though, I still enjoyed Jin 2 in all it's glorious details about the Tokugawa-Shogunate era in Edo. I loved the cinematography and the actors. These actors by the way aren't like the average newbies or jpop idols who could only pose on screen and look good. These actors are veterans who has a couple outstanding dramas and movies under their belts to boast of.

My favorite character would be Tachibana Saki acted by Ayase Haruka. What's so interesting about her character is the fact that she's the only female doctor who has chosen her own path, away from a samurai clan. This being said, women with strong aspirations in life gives lasting impressions.

Music wise, the drama had a good OST. The ballad on every dramatic scene was in perfect sync and feel. I also like the theme song Itoshiki Hibiyo by Hirai Ken, it felt like every time I would hear it, I would feel Minakata Jin's internal turmoil.

I may not watch this again, but I would highly recommend it to people who like Japanese History and is into sci-fi-medical drama and all the likes.

You're Beautiful
Jun 10, 2012
This Kdrama is about a girl who tries her best to fit in an all BOYS idol group (and in her case: pretend). From a nun in training to a pop-star idol. This is the life of Go Min Yu in her road to finding her true self, in a very unexpected way.

Although the ratings weren't as high as expected since it had a very tough competition from IRIS during it's airing, You're Beautiful was rather well accepted all over the world and had a huge fan-base online. This drama was definitely worth the wait, the space of my HD, the sleepless times I had and of course it was definitely worth the WATCH. It's like watching Coffee Prince and Boys Over Flowers together only better than BOF and good enough like Coffee Prince. Lately I've been watching too many shows where a girl cross dresses and pretends to be a man but still… I'm enjoying every bit of it.

In conclusion, the drama is a heartfelt show that would entertain specially the teens up to the young adult population. The humorous lines and acting, good music along with great cinematography (which the Korean media industry are so keen of) bring this drama to my top list in the Korean section for the year 2009.

You Are The Best!
Nov 10, 2013
Man... this drama was long.

For a 50 episode drama, there were still a lot of loop holes which got me scratching my head in a WTF manner.

Why can't the script writers make a solid character out of Lee Soon Shin? There was so much potential into the character which was instead wasted into having her in a constant inner turmoil and misunderstanding with her family. She kept on bailing out on her manager, then at work, then at her family. Watching her be like this was quite confusing because she's supposed to be the strong protagonist and this is supposed to be her story but instead her character felt faded. The supporting roles were so much more interesting to me than hers. Then there's also the main lead guy, Shin Joon Ho. I felt the same way for him like Lee Soon Shin, why did the guy have to run around and try fixing things but end up empty handed? He tries, but never really gets to resolve anything. These main characters are sad... their story are being much overshadowed by other elements. I blame the writers for this.

What made this show bearable to watch are the actors. If it hadn't been for IU and Jo Jung Suk as the main roles I wouldn't have the patience to finish this drama but since they are my bias and there were a lot of cute scenes (not just on the main leads but as well on the other characters), that made me rethink of dropping the drama. The supporting roles were quite interesting as well. They have brought balance to the story and made it watchable. The families were such a mess, but the three sister's different characters really brought this drama to life so I guess it is still worth the watch.

I couldn't say that this drama was great, but I would have to admit it was a good watch if you could get past the circling theme with long dragging plot lines full of cliche. It was an average drama, it made me laugh-cry-hate-love the characters but at the end of the day it's not something I would want to brag about or recommend to people. It's more of a drama that would let me pass time until I finish downloading that specific drama I have been pegging to watch.

When watching this drama, be mentally prepared that Lee Soon Shin's character isn't actually the best because the supporting roles were better.

Love Song
Apr 27, 2017
The drama started off with a female character whom I thought was mute, and so I asked myself... "Is this another Orange Days kind of drama?" However I was proven wrong as I watched the drama and got more involved with the characters.

What I would like to point out about this drama is not the story line, since THAT seems a bit of a cliché in all areas of the series. To make a short summary out of it though, the story is about a troubled young woman named Sano Sakura who falls in love with a middle aged guy named Kohei Kamishiro who was formerly a musician and producer but currently working as a doctor. Now insert the friends of both these main characters, the story starts to unfold and becomes more meaningful than the main plot.

Now off to where I want to focus, Sano Sakura. She is such a beautiful character, I love how lively she is despite being different from everyone else. I am debating with my inner self whether to indicate here what exactly her problem is, but I decided not to. Since this is supposed to be an element of surprise which the viewer needs some getting used to. Aside that, the people surrounding Sakura are her genuine best friends because they are the only people who were able to accept her as she is and this is what hit a special place in my heart. This kind of involvement with selected people can be related in actual life. It gave me this sense of realization and I got to question myself, “Do I really have people like this in my life?” because in this day and age of socialization, it is too hard to discern who is legitimate or not. Sakura on the other hand alienated herself from other people because she was afraid and embarrassed of her condition. Due to her troubles, she met Kohei Kamishiro by chance and because of this, her world expanded. Music was introduced to her and gave her a new reason for living, at the same time other people slowly became part of her small circle of friends which gave her more courage to live the way she wanted to. There’s also this line that Kamishiro told her, “It only takes seven seconds of courage. If you could get your courage up for those seven seconds then your world will change.” Those words left Sakura with such a huge impression.

The other sub characters in the drama are all vital because without them, Sakura and Kamishiro will not be able to move forward and grow out of their own shells. I would like to specifically mention Mami, Sakura’s best friend. This girl who used to be a bar hostess had all the spunk a woman can have. She’s brave, smart, loving and she is the perfect fit for Sakura as a friend. To complete the circle there is also Soraichi, the troubled guy best friend who in my opinion is such a loud ass. Sorry for the choice of word, but he is really loud in this drama. However, despite that, he is loyal and he would do everything for the people he love. Thus this would have completed Sakura’s life even if music did not come around.

Acting wise, everyone was great and they were able to portray their characters so well that I cried a lot on specific scenes when my heart was too moved to even smile. Another noteworthy thing in this drama is the voice of Fujiwara Sakura, I find it amusing that they also used her real name as her character’s name. It’s unbelievable that this is her debut drama since her acting and voice is so legitimate and amazing. The songs for the drama were so beautiful that it really fit the whole theme of the series.

I’m definitely recommending this to people who are looking for a drama with a different perspective about life, love and music.

That Winter, The Wind Blows
Jun 28, 2015
Song Hye Kyo will always be one of my top heroine in any drama. It doesn't matter what kind of role she would be acting on, for me, she always delivers the best character portrayal and this drama is no exception.

The chemistry and vibe all throughout the episodes was something I don't see much in melodramas now a days. Having my favorite actress coupled off with Jo In Sung, what else could I ask for? Jo In Sung's character also took me to a different level because I kept asking myself while watching him on screen - how could a conman be so damn good looking?!? Setting his good looks aside though, his acting was seriously effective that every time he cries, starts to cry or even tries not cry... it tugs on my heart and I start crying along. (This is how much this drama affected me.) I don't want to forget to mention that the supporting characters did make an impact in the over all feel of this drama, without them the drama would have been dull and focused on 2 people who are both lost in their own pitiful world without any support from other people. So yes, the supporting casts were vital in the story line making things more colorful for the main characters.

Initially, prior to watching this drama, I already had an idea where this show was heading towards since I've already seen the movie, however I just wasn't expecting that ending. That final episode sort of gave me ambivalent thoughts about this series. I was thinking if I should be giving it a 7 for the story line because it sort of deviated from the original or should I give it an 8 because at least it made me wrong on my predictions and didn't let me have that bitter sweet after taste I usually have in melodramas. I decided on 8 then, because it left me in lighter mood than I have expected. The music was vaguely familiar too, it feels like I have heard it's music score similarly to the drama "Secret Garden" I'm just not up to researching if the artist and music coordinator are the same. Nonetheless, it was good music and gave me last song syndromes right after every episode.

Over all this drama was a good watch. The main characters were beautiful, the story was twisted-sad, music was at its best and cinematography was breathe taking. I'll be highly recommending this drama for those who are looking for something in the melodrama department.

Virgin Snow
Jun 9, 2012
The movie was OKAY so far... but not the best. Not a major disappointment either. I can't say I loved it but I am not saying I didn't like it either. I'm in the middle of it all, I guess.

Although Lee Jun Ki and Aoi Miyazaki (a favorite korean actor and japanese actress of mine) were the main characters it still didn't make into my MUST watch and recommended movies.

The story was more in the line of innocent love, or love at first sight and has many sweet moments. A girl would love to be treated like how Jun Ki treated Aoi here. It was just so sweet... but then again the character build up was slow (although amazingly it doesn't have TOO many draggy moments as i have expected it to be) and the whole story lacked a bit more heart clenching moments as it should have.

The music was well done as both Japanese and Korean musicians incorporated their scores through out the film, it had a great outcome. It's one of the things that perked me up in this movie. Then add the cinematography in it, the movie simple became more than bearable. The colorful views and touches in clothes, back drops and even the things that they hold... it was pure pleasure to watch. Seeing Korea and Japan in one movie is simply adorable.

The Heirs
Feb 22, 2014
One thing that actually made me watch this drama was the glamour. It reminded me so much of Boys Before Flowers just without the theatrics of over acting good looking boys. Not that this show is short of good looking guys, its actually the contrary. There's just the absence of humor because this drama has too much angst and is money driven that eventually it became too tiring to watch. Viewing this drama felt like my brain cells would deteriorate anytime because I don't even had to think over about the situations... I could count my hair and I would still be able to follow on with the story and predict what's going to happen.

The story was very typical. Rich boy falls in love with poor girl and vice versa. So what made this interesting to watch? Well honestly it's not the story line because that had me lost in the middle of the series. What actually made me continue on watching was the characters. I was very much interested in the character development of the actors that I couldn't help but finish the drama because of them. Yes the male lead Kim Tan was a mopey teenager with so much daddy issues while our female lead did nothing but cry her eyes out on all the bad things that has ever happened to her. And so I waited for their progress, thinking that maybe something drastic would happen in their lives and their characters would evolve on that awaited change but unfortunately - Heirs failed me big time.

But!!! One thing that this drama did right for me was casting Kim Woo-bin. It was my first time to see him in a drama and I fell in love with the bad boy image of his character that I had a hard time moving on from his role. I had a bad dose of second lead syndrome because of him.

Music wise, there was nothing note worthy but it did add to the onscreen chemistry, so I have nothing against it. I would recommend this drama for the Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo-bin fans out there. But over all... this isn't going to be in my list of must watch drama of 2013.

Moon Embracing the Sun
Jan 3, 2014
This drama is a fantasy sageuk fusion with lots of drama, intrigue, secrecy, sorcery & a mix of law defying love story. In short it has all the elements a proper kdrama should have and would definitely suit both the young & the old.

What made this drama appealing is the fact that the premise is a love story between two young children who grew up still in love with each other regardless of the hardships they have gone through. Even though politics brought them apart, their love was still able to surpass all odds. It defied the malicious intents of the people around, prophecy made by shamans & yes... even death.

Man... I don't know what the writer had taken while writing the story plot, but everything the two main lead went through was quite unimaginable specially during the Joseon era. Though there were still quite a few loopholes, they are still forgivable since there is nothing such as a perfect story in drama land.

The characters in this drama were never wasted. Not even the supporting roles. Each of them had vital reasons to be on screen because you never know that this person may be the reason why both main leads were able to survive.

Music wise, it was a memorable one for me. It had this olden & modern type of background tune which makes the scenes more cute, emotional, dangerous, eerie & memorable.

I am definitely recommending this drama no matter what their genre preference is, & I will also rewatch this in the near future when all the new dramas have failed my expectations.

Sweet 18
Jun 11, 2012
This is a story about an 18 year old girl named Yoon Jung-Sook meeting the man of her dreams who is 10 years her senior. Kwon Hyuk-joon is a prosecutor in Seoul and incidentally the man whom Jung-Sook fell in love with. Unknown to both of them, they were already betrothed to each other by their families when they were younger. The story evolved in this plot with lots of mishaps especially in Jung-Sook’s side.

I have this penchant for liking Romantic Comedy genres, so this caught my interest. The pacing of the story was alright for a light rom-com genre. The humor was placed in all episodes but dwindled in the latter part, which happens to almost all Kdrama rom-com, where the show’s atmosphere turns into a more serious note then suddenly pulls back into comedy right before it ends. I would say I continued on watching this because of all the cute. Since I was still a teenager back then, I had this whimsical feeling of falling in love with a man 10 times older than me. This is the drama where I also first discovered the actress Lee Dae Hae who played as Moon Ga-young, Hyuk-joon’s ex- girl friend. Having watched this drama made me appreciate Han Ji-Hye and Lee Dong Gun’s tandem. The music was definitely a plus point in here, I love the back ground melody, opening and closing theme songs which I could still remember in my head until today.