• Location: By the beach.
  • Join Date: May 8, 2012

biniBningPunkista

By the beach.

biniBningPunkista

By the beach.
SPEC: Birth
Aug 21, 2013
I haven’t seen the 1990?s version of Keizoku Spec where this latest drama was based on, but I sure did love the latest one.

Toda Erika as Toma Saya was perfect. It felt like the character was made for her. She usually had cutesy or prim-proper roles but here, it was an overhaul of every drama she did. As for her co-actor Kase Ryo (who speaks perfect English with US accent), I haven’t seen him in a starring role and am not too familiar with the guy but his acting here as Sebumi Takeru was in perfect sync with Erika’s. The chemistry between the actors was so smooth there were no dull moments even in silence. There character had this specific peculiarities and that’s what made them really interesting. Like in Toma’s case, she has an IQ of 201 which doesn’t really define her – because in actuality she is already eccentric in the first place. She has this great feature of annoying people because of her mannerism and certain habits that are out of place to any normal person, but this does not make her insane, it only makes her different. As for Sebumi, he is the usual honor police with great fighting skills and a really uptight personality. This type of character is what would seem normal and boring, but what makes his role peculiar? It’s the way he handles situations and most of all that specific thing he always carries with him; a brown paper bag which consists of his things – gun, wallet, etc. It kind of makes me wonder why that paper bag never rips and spills all his stuff. LOL.

The story line was continuous, it reveals enough on every episode to make you seat at the edge of your chair to continue on watching and ask yourself, “What’s going to happen next?” or just plainly say “WTF?!?”, yes this is how this show was for me. There were wtf moments, but those are the times which made the show much more fun.

Another boost for this drama is the fact that the soundtrack was also nice. It was kind of funky-pop-ish-rock themed sang by the band The Ricecookers. For those who are into the jrock genre, the theme song would not disappoint. As for the whole OST – it was very much appropriate for every scene.

If you are into sci-fi and mind boggling suspense things with a twist of weird wackiness on the side-lines, this may suit you as it did to me.

Rating this 8/10 – because though I really loved the characters and story line, there are still limits on this drama, like the fact that there are times when the characters go overboard. I know that’s part of all the drill to make this drama more interesting but still, there’s that point in which how much of that silliness you can take in.

Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Jul 25, 2012
A sort of modern type sageuk drama… if that’s even possible?

Why did I say it was “sort of modern type”? Let me give you a clue… does Hana Kimi ring a bell? Or maybe Ouran High? To make things more simple what about You’re Beautiful? Or Coffee prince? Well, the last one was sort of a far fetched drama concept throw in but what makes it the same with the first two dramas? Ignoring the fact that 1st and 2nd were Japanese and the last one was Korean? The third one has a better resemblance since it is also Korean but it’s still has a different story line than this.

Got it???

Yep! It’s a cross dressing drama all over again. Throw in one girl in a lot of hot boys, make her dress up and pretend to be a boy, that’s exactly the concept of this drama. Then again, I have to remind you that THIS IS a saguek drama setting. A setting of the korean’s joseon era. An era where girls are unacceptable to hold prominence in schools or royal standing unless they get married to the prince, or kings or nobles. If they are caught associating in high ranks like Sungkyunkwan (Joseon’s most prominent ALL BOYS university) they get executed as an imperial order.

If that’s not interesting enough for you to watch, I don’t know how to convince you anymore. All in all, this drama is one heck of a show. With all those hot young actors to boost your esteem and the OST that’s very much modern to listen at but with a taste of sageuk and most of all the natural setting of Joseon with young boys + girl running around… YOU BETTER WATCH IT. Or you’re missing half of your KDRAMA life in it’s youthful state.

Summer Scent
Jun 11, 2012
Another melancholic kdrama series starring Song Seung-heon of Autumn Tale along with Son Ye-jin. This drama is about a heart beating for someone due to the unknown which eventually is answered as love. Ahhhh… the melodrama bites in!

Summer scent is the third installment of Endless Love Series, right next to Winter Sonata. As to why the director chose Song Seung-hun to act as the main lead again since he already acted in Autum Tale (first installment of Endless Love Series), I have no idea but the series was lighter than the preceding installments. Watching the drama was a bit refreshing due to the fact of a new setting, much lighter mood on the actors and an easier plot line.

Main man has a dead girl friend, dead girl friend’s heart was donated to the main woman in which the main man eventually falls for. It’s kind of a far fetched conflict, but whatever suits your taste. We all know that an internal organ has nothing to do with falling in love. If I donate my liver to someone, would my man fall for that someone just because that person had my liver? What if I donated my kidneys, lungs, heart and cornea… would my man fall in love to multiple people because they have a piece of me just because I’m dead and they are living? That’s just plain weird.

Setting my cynical comments aside, I still liked the drama. After bashing it, then I recommend??? WHY???

My reasons are very much quite simple:

Song Seung-heon is hot.

Son Ye-jin’s beauty and acting would take you in.

The story itself (never mind the main conflict) hooks you up with so many thoughts about real life that all you can do about it is relate and continue on watching, regardless if you’ve missed your bed time or not.

Chicago Typewriter
Jun 19, 2017
I’m not a fan of the crossover between the past to present being intertwined via incarnation but the way this drama delivered that kind of plot was really interesting that’s why I watched along. However, that interest did dwindle as I passed through episode 10 when things started becoming cheesy, but it did redeem itself at around the last two episodes where everything became clearer.

This drama has its own target audience and maybe they would be up for the popularity of the actors, it did highly market the actors for me, but aside that… something just felt missing. You know that feeling when you’re watching a drama and you can’t just get enough of it? I didn’t really feel it with this one, hence I got really disappointed because I was expecting so much from it.

Aside from my above rantings here are the following elements that are worth mentioning: actors, cinematography and OST.

Let’s start with the 3 lead roles:
Yoo Ah In as Han Se Joo, I felt like he was over the top for this particular character. He could have downgraded it a bit and at least acted as how most authors really lived. It felt like he was a top actor instead of an acclaimed writer who was supposed to be eccentric, in this drama he came across as a guy straight out of a magazine who lived in Beverly Hills. Don’t get me wrong, I love the actor himself but I’m not a fan of his Se Joo character. I do admit that he has a complex role since he had to have the weight of his past character and his present one, but still... it could have been better. However, even though that’s the case for his present character, I couldn’t say the same to his past one, Seo Hui Young because he really nailed that bad ass role. I love how charismatic he was as the writer during the 1930’s and being in a covert rebellion at the same time. He was witty and stuck with his own principles. That’s the kind of character I love rooting for, the lonely-brooding kind of guy who believes he can make a difference in the world despite sacrificing himself and everyone he cares about. Nuff said. Im Soo Jung the female lead who acted as Jeon Seol/ Ryu Su Hyeon, she was a sniper in the past with the alias “Anastasia”. I definitely like the fact that she’s a strong character, not just in the past but as well in the present. She can still pick up a gun and kick ass despite her traumatic visions. The fact that in the present, she’s also an avid fan and at least knows her limitations… its makes her more amusing. As for the last character Go Kyung Pyo as Yoo Jin Oh/Shin Yul is such a charismatic guy. He also has this cool relationship going on with Yoo Ah In’s character in which they have some sort of unspoken bond. The bromance was palpable I could certainly compare to the Goblin and Grim Reaper’s relationship the Goblin Drama. Aside that, another thing that I find interesting from his character is that during the past and the present he had that appealing aura in his stature all throughout the drama. I find him both cute and endearing at the same time. Oh, and kudos to his stylist too because he dressed up oh so damn well!

The cinematography for the drama is breathtaking. I think the fact that this was shot during the spring, it made everything look so colorful and vibrant. I just loved it. Even the indoor shoot of interior was wonderful, I love how the director was able to capture those lines of books, arches of windowsill and the nook and crannies of Han Se Joo’s house. It was really pretty to look at. Lastly there’s the OST. It was memorable and did pull my heart strings at the right moment particularly during those heart-racing-revealing-moments of the show. I like how the melody can stir emotions out of me.

Overall it was interesting enough to sit down and watch through but not really something I would go on to enjoy and binge watch with in one go. I may not re-watch this again but I would recommend it to the fans of the actors and those who like the type of story with twist and turns along the way.

Ohisama
Jul 5, 2017
Ohisama is the very first Asadora I've seen. It is also the kind of drama that doesn’t have an appealing factor at first glance, however as the story progresses the relatability of the story is what may capture the audience heart.

At first I was daunted at the fact of watching 156 episodes for a Japanese family drama. However when I found out that each episodes only consists of 15 minutes each, I realized that this is simply like watching 39 episodes of Korean drama without the redundant factors and draggy moments. This is what I love about JDramas, they go straight to the nitty and gritty details instead of mooning over things for at least 10-15 minutes in which the main lead stares and contemplates into the air and the background music only plays over. Heh. Setting that aside, what I enjoyed most about this drama is having my favorite actress Inoue Mao on screen while she starred alongside the good looking actor Kengo Kora. I’ve seen the guy in so many movies and several dramas and he never ceases to make smile as I simply stare at him. He’s such an eye catcher.

Since the setting is around World War II and Japan has been colonizing its neighboring countries, the people who lived in Japan during those times were also in turmoil despite being a powerful country back then. Mao who acted as Yoko, portrayed an average girl living during those days. Her character somehow showed how war can turn a bunch of ordinary people living mundane lives to suddenly struggling to survive during and after the war. The overall feel and transition of the storyline isn’t violent or brutal and it has this sense of hope all throughout the drama. It was light and consistent. Another factor that made this good is the supporting cast, starting with Yoko’s family, then her best friends, the Maruyama Family and finally to her students whom she was able to support and vice versa until she grew old.

The cinematography is fairly simple and was definitely shot in a studio but the fact that they created the place nicely gave it a warm feeling of familiarity. The background music was okay, although not that memorable but it really had a nice ring to it as the OST played softly in the background.

I would love to rewatch this again if I had the chance. For now, I’m recommending this for those looking for a family drama and looking forward to watching something light, heartwarming and inspiring all at the same time.

Juui Dolittle
Feb 22, 2014
This drama was unexpectedly good for several reasons which I myself cannot believe when I have finally finished the series.

Back in 2012 I initially chose this drama due to Inoue Mao just because she's my bias but after watching the first episode, I felt disappointed because I can't seem to appreciate it for what it is-a typical Renzoku drama that depicts human life and the love for animals. I was not able to enjoy the series for two major reasons: It wasn't a Rom- com and I had no Pet , adding to this was the fact that I wasn't really that attached with animals.

Then 2013 came and I happen to be in costudy of a cross breed pit bull/american bull dog. That's when I attempted to watch the drama again and finally changed my opinion about it.

The thing I liked most about this show was the main characters. Oguri Shun as Dr. Totori was kind of awesome. He may have that rotten-eccentric personality, but he is the best vet in the story and on top of that he has so much insight as a person. Inoue Mao's character in here was sort of a dumb novice who was too kind and too emotional. Although her character is like this, I still admired her naivety to people's true intentions and compassion to animals. Then there is Hiroki Narimiya as the charismatic vet who could not perform a surgery even if his life depended on it due to a previous trauma. His character adds color to the two main characters. I thought he was the antagonist in the story but I was wrong. There is a good history between his character and Oguri Shun's.

Music wise it wasn't really that memorable, but it has that slight nostalgia in me whenever I hear the sound track. It sort of reminds me of peaceful moments or happy beginnings.

I may not re-watch this show again but I am definitely recommending it to animal lovers of all sorts.

Autumn Tale
Jul 25, 2012
The first in the Endless Love drama installment directed by Yoon Seok-Ho: Autumn Tale is another Song Hye Kyo film along with Song Seun Heon.

Honestly, I’m not much of a fan when it comes to heavy drama because I tend to really get carried away but then this drama got showed in all its soap opera feeling. It just became too hard to ignore that I had to seat it through and finish it up to the last episode. I would be proud to say that I only cried once around the ending part.

It wasn’t much like the melodrama I have encountered lately whereas in every episode you just had to grovel and cry out loud in sadness or frustration. Autumn Tale was something more on the side of frustrating with this sense of bittersweet romanticism all throughout the show. If it’s possible to pull out all my hair during the first half of the drama I would have done so because it has that redundancy of I’m-not-yours-you’re-not-mine-we’re-not-for-each-other-so-let’s-just-forget-about-everything then it will go back to being I-know-you-love-me-and-we-love-each-other-so-let’s-stay-together-and-forget-everything. Having that out, why on earth am I recommending this?

Because Autumn Tale is worth the sound track, worth the backdrop, worth of SONG HYE KYO herself. The root of the story line may have been too much (having babies exchanged at birth??? puhleeeeeaaaassseee… not again) but the overall concept of the story is worth the watch. The characters themselves and the actor’s and actresses’ portrayal of their roles were amazing that you get to feel all that love, that hurt and that desperation. I say give it a try because it’s just that good despite the short comings.

Delightful Girl, Choon Hyang
Jun 11, 2012
Choon Hyang is the modern version of a folk tale in korea. I have no idea what that story was about, what I know is that this version is one heck of a rom-com Kdrama. It reminds me of that Taiwanese drama entitled It Started with a Kiss. Two very different story lines, but the acting concept is so much alike it makes me laugh my ass out thinking about it.

The drama starts light and really wacky during the first half of the drama. During those episodes, the two protagonists clashes so much they get into multiple trouble with each other. There were so many misunderstanding that it was hard not to laugh with the absurdity of it all and because of those misconceptions, the two protagonists end up getting married. This was not because of love but it’s due to an incident which could ruin both of their family’s reputation. As they both struggle to live harmoniously with each other amid the forced marriage, both eventually realize that they liked each other but was denying it too much. That’s it for the first half, for latter half of the show, it goes much more mature since the main characters grow up as adults with remnants of conflicts which set them apart for some time.

With this story line, it was fun and entertaining. Gave me little room to be bored since the drama would serve the right amount of serious moments then revert to it's old theme. In additional, the actor's are really cute! Given that their age are a bit mature to be seen as high school students, still, the way they acted was really fun to watch.

Gimme Heaven
May 13, 2012
What made this movie watchable?

The story line… it kept me hanging on until the very end.

If you are a very curious person like me when it comes to mind boggling stuff, you are definitely one to hang on till the last scene even though this movie has a lot of draggy moments. The camera tends to focus on everything and anything, but then at the end of the movie, I got to understand the significance of those lens focus. The cast were great, I like Miyazaki's character as Mari, I thought the characters in this movie did not seem complicated but I got that all wrong. The lead actor was a bit too good for this movie though, I felt that he could have done better on other films, his acting here was a bit wasted. But still, he was awesome and brought his own character to life. A person who sees a different perspective and trying to live a normal life, he was able to full it off.

The ending confused me a lot and there are also scenarios where I had to analyze or think too much to actually understand what was going on but over all this movie is a good watch once I came to terms with the fact that there were a lot of meanings on the different scenes that were shown.

This film made me watch it twice so just I could re-analyze and understand everything that actually happened. Sound track was okay, but what really got me listening was the ending song entitled "Gerbera" on the last scene. That song gave me the meaning of synesthezia all together. It was a significant title once I was able to understand the whole meaning of the film.

Giving this 8/10 for everything I have mentioned and recommending it to those who don't mind draggy stuff and would love to have their brains twisted into analyzing the film.

Eli, Eli, Lema Sabachthani?
May 12, 2012
Slow paced, more on the visual side and not much on the talking.

What piqued my interest is how they showcased a weird story line, (aside that I also checked this movie because of Aoi Miyazaki) It may sound a bit sci-fi-ish but there were no aliens involved only the made-up disease as the main problem. The film may seem to have no direction at first and I was also getting too frustrated with all the silence and sullen looks until I realized how important those actions were for this film. Those scenes with the focus on seemingly random things were actually vital in these movie so as to make sense of everything in the end. Cinematography was grainy, maybe because it was an old film? But still... it gave a rather bland feeling to a supposedly modern and colorful world.

The actors did somehow try their best to portray a depressive state, not just in actions but in the mind as well. However, the acting didn't really feel all that satisfying because I felt like something was still missing. It was trying to give a message about human connections and empathy but it's hard to internalize that sort of meaning because of the lack conversation between the characters.

Setting those complains aside, I was still able to enjoy something really weird. It's not refreshing, but it's something new to watch. It's not everyday I pick a movie genre like this, so basically it gave me a wider perspective on indie kind of films. Music wise, it was eerie and yet it was another key point for the whole thing, without it, there would be no story at all. The tones are really out of this world and completely weird, so don't expect something melodious, because it's not.

Surely this film is not for everyone. If you're the type who likes to sit down and analyze what is happening in an almost silent film for the whole 60+ minutes... this was made for you.

Secret Garden
Jul 25, 2012
This kdrama was the hype for the winter season of 2010-2011. There were lots of mixed reviews but the rating just went higher and higher.

Secret Garden is one of those drama where you would have a love-hate relationship with the main characters. i.e. Joo Won’s character was a pure hell-egoistic-bastard but he does have his points to fact. Like being very loyal, analytical and annoying which makes you like him because you have no choice that he is annoyingly always there.

Ghaaaa… where can you find a good looking annoying guy like him?

WHERE???

Only in dramas.

As for Gil Ra-im, the pretty innocent-strong-vibes-persona her character emits is an ace. If a deck of cards tells you what’s the highest card? It’s the ace. Ra-im is an ace. She may not be THAT pretty, but man… if you fall for her your head goes bonkers just like Joo Won.

The writer of Secret Garden has a twisted mind; that I am sure of. If you’ve seen the ending of “Lovers in Paris” and “What happened in Bali”? You would understand what I am talking about. I’m not writing these things because I hate the writer, I am saying this because I am glad that there are writers like her who explores things beyond people’s expectations.

The music score was so-so for me, along with the rest of the cast. The drama had a very good story line and two great actors to lead it with but… it just wasn’t one of those dramas that gave me the “I shouldn’t miss” feel in it. I loved it for what it was but didn’t really look forward to watching it too much. Maybe it’s because of Oska? Who knows? All I know is I watched it for Hyun Bin and Ha Ji-won.

Personal Taste
Jul 25, 2012
I know a lot of you have been into City Hunter, for the sole reason of: Lee Min Ho.

Yes! The eye candy, the smile, the tallness, the oozing hotness and fashion sense… that’s all Lee Min Ho in this drama which he pretends to be GAY.

This is a really hilarious drama with conflicting emotions to watch. Why? It’s so hard to believe that he’s gay and that an older man likes him with the thought of him being gay. Anyways, putting that aside, there’s another reason that made me watch this: Son Ye Jin.

Yes… the epic melodrama actress.

I really wanted to know how she’s going to be in a comedy. I’ve always seen her in melodramatic movies and this one she nailed! Though she’s gotten older and her prettiness pretty much disappeared in this drama, I still love her to bits.

The series was quite hilarious due to it's main concept: guy pretends to be gay, girl accepts guy whole heartedly because of his sexual orientation but ends up falling for him and having mixed feelings because she believes he is gay. With this as your core plot, there are a LOT of things that could happen and eventually it did.

The only downer side of this is when we get to the last 3 episodes and this becomes too serious for my taste. I was sort of disappointed on how they inserted additional conflict to the story along with a twist, when the main conflict - guy pretending to be a gay - was already interesting enough. The twist wasn't even strong enough to make an impact in the whole story line. Just to say.

All in all, setting that disappointing factor aside, I still end up loving the drama :)

Sassy Go Go
Nov 16, 2015
After finishing all 12 episodes, I now understand how they could wrap everything up in such a short span of time. I liked the fact that they didn't put in fillers and add 4 more episodes to make the drama longer, hence it would have dragged on.

The story line was quite simple - a girl who loved dancing and is trying to live her life in a school with high standards but meets a lot of trials along the way. The plot is not really my cup of tea, but knowing that Jung Eun Ji is the main actress, I decided to watch it despite the bland summary. When I watched the pilot episode, it still wasn't enough to make me excited about the following episodes so I've put the drama on my least of priority to watch however after the 3rd and 4th episodes, the drama started to pick up its phase and finally became interesting for me. Then when the love triangle was finally revealed through the later part of the drama, I was wrenched into a second lead syndrome again. Arrrgh! *slaps face to go back to reality* I knew what I was setting myself up to a complete heart break again... or so I thought. The drama's ending was really constructed well and it left no room for any loop holes to think about. Even the love triangle was resolved in a simple yet satisfying way. It was heartfelt with a breath of fresh air compared to those high school themed melodramas I've been watching lately.

What makes this drama endearing for me is how the story did not focus on the dancing and cheering side going to the ultimate goal of participating in the Cheering Squad for specs purposes but instead, they focused on the characters themselves. The story revolved on the conflicts with family, school, friends and even romantic aspect in life. A plus factor that made this drama appealing was how they dealt into the issue of teenage suicide. It may be rampant in Asian countries these days as most of the culture is about persevering and keeping problems to themselves until they actually break and decide to end their lives. This drama shows the importance of having support systems like family, friends or even teachers being around to help suicidal kids deal with their inner turmoil.

My favorite character would be Kang Yeon Doo, despite being aggravated by Kwon Soo Ah, I can't really fathom how much she could still be nice and forgiving. Although it's not realistic anymore in this day and age, it made me trace myself back to my own goodness. It made me wonder how far I would go to tolerate such b*tchiness from anyone. If it was me, I might have walked out that door or would have probably cared less whatever happens to my nemesis. But that's part of the spark of this whole drama... Yeon Doo keeps everyone together including the boys she's very much close with. Another character I love is Seo Ha Joon, acted by Ji Soo. I love watching him interact with the main lead and how they had that great chemistry together. This is my first time seeing him in a drama and he totally gives me that whole Woo Bin aura while he was with Park Shin Hye in "Heirs". Ji Soo had that same feels around him and I think this guy may have a great potential as an actor. I really wish he can chose his roles wisely in the near future. I would like to insert Kim Yeol portrayed by Lee Won Gun, he may be cute and kissable but man, his chemistry with Eun Ji is sub par to Ji Soo's.

Oh let's not forget the other side characters that I am much in favor of:
Teacher Yang Tae Beom played by Kim Ji Suk, it amazes me how much a teacher roles suits him well. It's nice to watch him again in the same role after seeing him in School 2015. Then there's the coach acted by Lee Mi Do, notably she looked like Sandra Oh. I loved Sandra Oh in Grey's Anatomy, so seeing her look alike here in this drama brings nostalgia, but Mi Do is great in her acting. I loved her strong character and the way she prances around to cover for the students and fights her way so as not to be bullied by other teachers. Then lastly, there's Yeon Doo's mom played by Kim Yeo Jin, I personally think this woman is lovely. I've seen her in several dramas and enjoy looking at her. I think her beauty is one that will not easily fade as she ages.

Music wise, it wasn't something that was able to stick with me but I enjoyed listening to it while the characters were in their own moments.

Overall I would recommend this series to people who are in the mood to watch a high school drama about friendship, first love and a feel good after taste full of drama goodness.

K-POP - The Ultimate Audition
Aug 21, 2013
The drama started off rather bland for my usual KDrama taste. There was nothing catchy for its pilot episode and it basically dragged about up to the 3rd episode but after sticking up with this drama, things started to get more interesting. The story line has picked up to a much better pace. There were more interaction between the characters and everything started to finally make sense.

I was already having fun watching it for all the humor and what-not’s until episode 12 came about. That’s when the story line drastically changed, it began to spin around senselessly aiming nowhere and it was plainly a disaster. I realized that the writers never really thought of giving proper closure to each of the character's problem, specially on the main ones due to the cut episodes. This drama was supposed to air 16 episodes, instead they decided to make do with 14, ending up with a rubbish ending.

Episode 13-14 was produced in a haste. Maybe its the production management but I have a hunch they couldn’t extend the drama up to 16 episodes due to the bad ratings. The story, the characters and the over all production had so much potential if only they have been developed properly.

Yes, everything has been all fun and cute in the middle of the series but the ending plainly sucked. There was a lot of loopholes and never ending problems. Episode 14 had this sort of time snap where everything was cut and then here comes out the protagonist saying “everything is going to be okay” just to resolve the very main conflict in the story which is: The female protagonist pretending to be a boy in an all male K-pop idol group.

How the heck do you resolve that in one freaking episode?

Episode 14 was clearly telling the audience that the conflict was resolved, but in reality… they just don’t have the time to resolve it. Period.

There… I finally got that out of my system. I don’t even like K-pop music, or am I a fan of K-pop Idols in general. I only wanted to watch this because of the story line: A girl pretending to be a boy for some important self-inflicted reason.

Sigh.

I need a better drama to watch or a movie. Rating this drama 5/10 for the sole reason that I enjoyed the middle part of the series but at the same time want to forget that I even dared watching it.

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do
Sep 6, 2012
I watched this not knowing much about the main actors, believe it or not, I did not even know who Jang Geun Suk was - he wasn't that popular yet back in 2008. What made me pick this film, was the story line. It sounded all so interesting in it's synopsis. The acting was good too, for someone I wasn't really familiar with.

As for my verdict after finishing the movie, the first part was pretty much shady to watch and I noticed that some scenes were even rushed. The situations weren't explained well enough to understand what really happened in the past, up until everything was revealed at the latter part which is kind of awkward because it felt like there was an information overload when the movie could have explained it in the first hour or so to build up the story much better.

What exactly made me like this movie? It was actually near the ending part when everything FINALLY made sense, which by the way, I still felt that it was rushed. Setting that aside, I like the ending because it made me cry a bit. I liked the thought that they made this into a melodramatic movie with very touching scenes full of serendipity moments. Add up the back drop music, it could have been almost good enough to re-watch, if not for the story line.