• Location: By the beach.
  • Join Date: May 8, 2012

biniBningPunkista

By the beach.

biniBningPunkista

By the beach.
Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do
Sep 6, 2012
I watched this not knowing much about the main actors, believe it or not, I did not even know who Jang Geun Suk was - he wasn't that popular yet back in 2008. What made me pick this film, was the story line. It sounded all so interesting in it's synopsis. The acting was good too, for someone I wasn't really familiar with.

As for my verdict after finishing the movie, the first part was pretty much shady to watch and I noticed that some scenes were even rushed. The situations weren't explained well enough to understand what really happened in the past, up until everything was revealed at the latter part which is kind of awkward because it felt like there was an information overload when the movie could have explained it in the first hour or so to build up the story much better.

What exactly made me like this movie? It was actually near the ending part when everything FINALLY made sense, which by the way, I still felt that it was rushed. Setting that aside, I like the ending because it made me cry a bit. I liked the thought that they made this into a melodramatic movie with very touching scenes full of serendipity moments. Add up the back drop music, it could have been almost good enough to re-watch, if not for the story line.

49 Days
This!

This drama left me thinking about it even after 49 days of finishing the whole series. I was pretty much fine and even laughing with the main character’s silly antics until I came up to episode 8, then the bucket of tears slowly started. I don’t know why but the concept of death and dying was all over the place with this one. How hard was it to find real tears of someone who really really cared about you? In this drama, it was dead hard.

I love the three main characters namely Shin Ji-Hyun (Nam Gyu Ri), Han Kang (Jo Hyun Jae) and Song Yi Kyung (Lee Yo Won). Their lives are intricately woven with each other and progress will be shown in every episode. The story line is very interesting because it still gives you a bit a humor even in the face of death and grave choices in life. Oh, and there’s this other character to whom I was really taken in with… the Scheduler/Song Yi Soo (Jung Il Woo). His character is more complex than what it seems to be.

Loving this drama in every little bit along with the music.

My Lovely Sam Soon
Jul 25, 2012
The realism of this drama, in which a lot of women verbalized on relating to. Why? Not all women look like Son Ye-jin or Song Hye Kyo. Not all women are pretty for a fact. There are more average looking women than to those who look like a walking model. So yes… they could relate big time with Kim Sam Soon because she is average, chubby and most of all a dork. A woman in her thirties with no fulfillment in life. This drama would hook up the old maids out there who’s mopping for not marrying that guy from their past because he cheated on her. Teenagers in their late blooming stage are crying out and are hopeful because though they won’t grow up looking like a cover model of a magazine, at least they can catch that Hyun Jin-Heon of their life. Even in their average self.

Ahhh… Hyun Bin, why are you so damn good looking?!?

This is a romantic comedy that would strike all women in every age level because… it is Kim Sam Soon.

No need for further explanation.

Though I would just like to add up that the soundtrack of this drama is quite catchy, and this is also the first drama I caught Daniel Henney in. Yep, Hyun Bin isn’t the only eye candy in this drama. I’m throwing in a towel for Daniel too!

Lie to Me
Jul 25, 2012
What made me watch this in the first place was Eun Hye then came in Kang Ji-hwan in the picture then everything turned out to be a hilarious chaos. Two good actors in a very funny story line = awesome result.

Though the ratings do not agree with my opinion, I’m still giving it my two thumbs up and recommending it.

It’s silly how much I miss a full blown romantic comedy in a skin-deep-only sense, but I like the drama because it doesn’t make me think too much. There was this certain flow of easiness and lightness within the story line, though not without bits of draggy parts but the good line delivery by the main characters made up for that loss. The story line was simple, there wasn’t much twist and turns that would make you pull out your hair in frustration and because of that simplicity, it became a wonderful drama.

The sound track was cute, I now have it as my ringtone and is also part of my play list. Heh.

The Beauty Inside
May 20, 2017
The movie starts off with the explanation about the male lead – namely Woo Jin and his circumstances in life, then along with it are the visuals. What I like about this movie is how the cinematography works perfectly even in small enclosed areas and the scene would focus on things, which is significant to the main character. As explained in the synopsis above the guy changes his body every freaking day. Imagine changing bodies every time you wake up in the morning. This makes me wonder how long he got used to this before finally deciding to live a life… anyway, that’s just me and my own thoughts. Setting that aside, another fact that got me into this film are the actors. MULTIPLE of them, those who acted as Woo Jin. These actors are not the small time ones whom the director or producer could have randomly selected, but these are BIG names in the industry like: Kim Dae Myung, Park Shin Hye, Park Seo Joon, Ueno Juri, Kim Sang Ho, Lee Jin Wook, Seo Kang Joon, Lee Dong Wook, Yoo Yeon Seok, Kim Shin, Kim Ju Hyuk... if none of those names ring a bell to your memory I’d say you haven’t seen enough KMovie or KDrama. Now is the time to start and get educated. Heh.

The story line for me was okay, since it wasn't original and was most likely inspired by the book Every Day by David Levithan, but that's just my theory. The movie was a bit tad slow but I realized that it was how the movie was paced and so I accepted that. There was also some plot holes in which I couldn’t exactly say since it’s going to be a spoiler, so if you are curious about it, you may send me a message so we may discuss on it freely. Music was great, it brought out the emotions of each scene, though it may not be as memorable it worked fine all throughout its run. What made this show amazing was the actors, a whole lot of them. Which I still couldn’t get over with. Han Joo Yoo as the lover was sensational in this film and definitely suited her role, while Lee Dong Hwi who acted as the best friend was such a delight. I wish to see him in more films in the future.

I’m recommending this film for those who are into a peculiar story line which would leave a feel good fuzzy feeling after.

As One
Nov 1, 2015
I'm so happy that I was finally able to watch this film. I've been waiting for ages to have a copy of it with subs. My wait was not in vain!

Over all it was such a wonderful film. The fact that this was based in real life, that information made it more interesting to watch and it added a spark to the story line. It also made me curious as to what really happened behind the scenes during the 1991 World Table Tennis Championships in Chiba. The way the script writers and producers set motion to the whole thought of uniting two conflicting countries in this movie for a game of ping-pong was simply incredible. They were able to put emphasis on the hardships of each character, their triumphs on over coming differences and going beyond their own boundaries.

It is given that Ha Jiwon and Bae Doo Na are expected to have a great on screen chemistry as veteran actresses, but then add up the rest of the supporting actors into the mix, it certainly became a superb performance. The whole thing made me laugh, cry and laugh again. It was such an entertaining piece of work. Although the music wasn't that memorable, the story and acting made up for everything else that was missed out.

What I loved most about this movie is the warm moments shown throughout the entire duration of the film. The fact that this moments happened in real life is a plus point too! Another thing is that they added clips of the real people to show that this indeed happened in real life, that was such a nice touch to a very well done movie.

I am highly recommending this to those people who are into watching sports and real life themed movies. I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Love for Beginners
Oct 17, 2015
As a manga adaptation, the movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was simple and cute but not really something to be excited about. In my opinion, it was pretty average... if only they could have replaced Matsuzaka Tori with someone better, I would have appreciated the movie much more. I'm deeply sorry to his fans, but I'm only trying to be honest with my own opinion. I feel like cringing every time I see him interact with Takei Emi, her acting is quite wasted alongside the guy. He would probably have done better if he removed the idol image in his role... then maybe I would have liked him more. I hope he has improved though, since this film was set last 2013.

Setting those comments aside, what I enjoyed about this film was the movie theme; that is in which the characters where trying to come into terms with change, finding their own path and deciding for their future. Sometimes I wish this was as simple as it is in real life... but then again, this is a shoujo manga adaptation, so maybe the mangaka artist was inspired by someone from reality.

Over all the story was really shoujou-ish, cute, fluffy and mixed with adolescent love-life problems. I did enjoy the music as well, it gave a good vibe throughout the movie, adding more cute to the already cute. I probably would not be re-watching this film, but I would recommend this to viewers who are looking for manga adaptations and hope they could pass their own judgement on the film, whether they compare it to the original or not.

The Great Passage
Jun 21, 2015
This movie is heartwarming.

It shows how a person can change from a simpleton to someone who is respectable. Though the initial pacing of the movie was slow, Ryuhei Matsuda portrayed his character as Mitsuya Majime very well and made the movie enjoyable. I’m also very happy to see Aoi Miyazaki as a supporting actress in this film along with Joe Odagiri. I didn’t even recognize the guy until I looked up the main actors profiles. Despite being a supporting character, Odagiri had a vital role in the whole film and I liked how he was able to add a happy tone to the whole movie.

As for the story, being in a corporate setting and in a world where money runs, I love the concept that the main characters strive hard despite the fact that they are doing something which needs maximum effort but minimal financial back up and takes a LOT of time… more like at least 15 years to be exact. Adding to it is that the start of the movie setting was in the 90’s wherein computers were still deemed as a simple tool for typing and storing devices. These were the setbacks the characters had to go through, but they were people who were looking for modern words and gave meaning to them.

Overall this movie was enjoyable because of the character development and setting. It has its own humor which catches me off guard most of the time because the movie runs in seriousness.

Sep 6, 2012
Seeing the first part of the Final Movement of Nodame Cantabile brought nostalgia. It was like hearing, breathing, feeling and seeing classical music all together again. Though the first movie was full of flashbacks, which disappointingly filled up most of the whole film, nonetheless it was still enjoyable. To be able to see Chiaki sama (Tamaki Hiroshi) and Nodame (Juri Ueno) together for the first time after 2 years in the waiting... it was pure bliss.

Listening to the sound of orchestra and classical music was refreshing to the ear. As if I cleaned my ears after a long time of listening to the same type of music again and again. Ok, that was a side track comment... now back to the story.

Part one of the movie left me this feeling of wanting to watch the second part instantly but I had to squirm at home and wait for it to be subbed.

There was this hanging feeling when the movie ended, which by the way is what everyone is supposed to feel since the producers intend the viewers to watch the sequel. As much as I enjoyed this first part, it is still a cliff hanger. We all know what cliff hangers do to our brain. Adding more, the movie was also redundant. Unlike Nodame’s arc, Chiaki’s story always... always starts with a problematic orchestra, fails on the first try then ends up with a fantastic cantabile on the later part thus making the story line so predictable when it comes to Chiaki's arc. Whereas Nodame’s arc is the distorted one since her main goal in life is only about Chiaki but not herself thus leaving the character UNSURE of herself with no exact future laid out for her. Yet this type of character leaves a great impression and a big blank for the writers to fill in for the next movie sequel.

Nodame’s character is simple yet complex at the same time. Not to forget the wacky part on how she clings on Chiaki as much as she could and yet kills herself with insecurity every time Chiaki does something marvelous and out of her league but that’s the part that makes Nodame Cantabile fun... the Nodame/Chiaki saga that could never be understood in terms of simplicity.

Watching this film was an introduction for the next one or a teaser as most would say because it didn’t contain what most of the watchers were probably waiting for and that is Nodame’s success.

For the story plot, it was really tiring to watch the flashbacks but at the same time enjoyable because I could once again enjoy Mozzart and Bach through Chiaki’s point of view. As I have previously mentioned, it gave me a sense of nostalgia and for that I am thankful.

Character wise, there weren’t any major characters involved unlike in the special maybe they are going to add someone in the sequel. I still enjoyed the main cast’s acting and it gave me so much joy that Ueno Juri still haven’t changed after all those years when she first started as Nodame!

Cinematography, the setting is in Paris! What more can I ask for? No matter what angle they use for the video, they just capture that feeling of being in the city where art and music lived for centuries. I have nothing more to comment on it because it is simply loved.

Soundtrack, need I say more about this? IT IS CLASSICAL! And the background music for certain scenes brought more hilarity into it than intended to. So yes... the soundtrack added more for the enjoyment of the viewer.

Hana Yori Dango : Final
Jul 25, 2012
I cried by the end, realizing that this was the final, nothing would follow and they have wrapped up everything and gave closure to the main characters. (Well, aside from Yuki and Soujiro.)

Setting that aside, I had fun watching it... everything was just perfect for an ending of Hana Yori Dango. The scenery was magnificent, the prestige and money that they were trying to show was very extravagant, as if money was always out of the question. (Sometimes I do get to day dream of living life in luxury like the Doumyouji's) The music was in time with every scene and fits it very well. I could still remember the tones in my head even up to this day.

The actors all seemed natural except for "Kaede's" smile during the wedding ceremony which kind of gave me an eerie feeling. *scratches head*

Story wise, it was sub par. Very fan-fic like and a total spin off from the series... but since I am a biased viewer and a Fan I would have to rate it in a bias of an 8. I loved the twist at the end though, so that makes up for everything. The cast-away feel in the whole movie was a plus point and redeeming factor as well.

Brass Knuckle Boys
Jun 9, 2012
Crazy, noisy, garbled music… Pure PUNK ROCK middle age. It was a funny movie nonetheless. Aoi Miyazaki's acting was over the top and it was my first time to see her like that. I have always imagined her as a melodramatic person even in other movies.

The movie moved back and forth from the bands past, namely the Bras Knuckle Kids. It showed how the band members evolved to the kind of person they are today. Watching this film made me think what punk really is about. Like in Sex Pistols' era along with their bassist Sid Vicious who are known as the Punk rock gods during the 80's, I feel that their music are cleaner and more turbulent than what we have of punk today. Today's punk is more on what most people call emo side. Songs made out of love and heartbreak instead of about controversies, internal affairs and other issues of real life.

Back to the movie… it also had its broken plots and what nots in between when Kana's character goes out of hand but the ending surely got me smiling then staring blankly after. Music wise… as I have already mentioned above it was terribly noisy. Horrible if they include the shouting, I am not a fan of too much violence. So for a supposedly music endowed comedy movie with lots of sub plots, this almost made me stop watching. Still, it was an OKAY film at the end.

Kurosagi: The Movie
Jun 9, 2012
Kurosagi is a film about deception. The movie didn't appeal to me as much as I thought it would. I think this is the result of watching too much Leverage. Another American series that I got myself hooked up with. For me that series had more substance than this film. There were so many empty plots on how he was able to trick a trickster. The only reason why I gave this a try is to see if Yamapi would stand to the name that people has given him. He is so far one of the youngest sought out actor in Japan, so I wanted to give this movie a try.

So far, it gave me a huge disappointment. Not even Yamapi nor Horikita Maki could make me raise this this to 10.

Who Are You: School 2015
Aug 1, 2015
The thing I like most about this drama was the realism of what exactly occurs inside the classroom, beyond the test papers, assignments, extra-curricular activities, etc. School life may be different from a working environment, but status and socialization is the same everywhere. No matter the country or the culture. This drama brought life to that. We've all watched all types of bullying in dramas - but they seldom pinpoint the reason to why these bullies do the things that they do. It's usually the one sided drama in which there is the bad guy and the good guy, then the good guy triumphs over the bad guy, then the bad guy is eventually forgotten.

The story line may be a bit far-fetched, but the cast portrayed their roles pretty well, making the issues at hand seem more realistic. It was also heart-warming and sad all at the same time. The romantic plot was a bit of a downer for me though because I was sort of rooting for the second lead guy. My second-lead-syndrome attacked once again halfway through of this drama. I really didn't have a choice because the guy was too cute and too persistent. *sigh*

Setting that aside, I really liked School 2015 and might probably check out School 2013 because of this. Adding up to this was the music, it was something that really made the whole drama more memorable. Up until this moment, I could still hear the music inside my head, playing in the background.

I may re-watch this again in the future if I feel like relieving my high school days all over again, but for the moment, I am recommending it to those who likes watching dramas in a high school setting with more substance about a student's school life and hardships.

The Perfect Couple
Sep 6, 2012
The film started off as annoying and sort of ended in a blur. There's that nagging feeling that the movie wasn't able to satiate my Kmovie-comedy-genre-craving because I was expecting a really enjoyable film full with action and quirkiness. This was a total let down.

Dong Wook Lee's performance as the detective Jae Hyuk catching crooks was a plus point for the whole thing but I find Yeong Hyeon as Soo Jin, the journalist a pretty much annoying person with an equally irritating voice. I don't get why they wanted her to act so stupidly at all times and get into so much trouble to the extent that it wasn't funny anymore. There were several scenes which you would find funny, especially at the last part but aside that, there were so many broken moments and plots where things could have been cleared up easily if the main female protagonist wasn't too much of a ditz.

The flow of the story wasn't my thing, even the characters lacked their own substance or much more like it was TOO Exaggerated that it became irritating to watch. The sound track was quirky but it wasn't something I would get a hang over with.

I wouldn't recommend this movie, hence it shall end up too disappointing.

The Producers
Jul 12, 2015
The casting was great, however story wise... it was so-so.

The actors played their characters well, it was surprising to find Kim Soo Hyun going back to his character as a dorky love stricken guy. Then there is IU, who I may say I have taken a keen interest with and a biased liking due to her "Dream High" character. As for Gong Hyo-Jin and Cha Tae-Hyun... these guys are veterans. What more can I say about them except that they have superb skills in acting? All these combined, I was still left hanging all throughout the drama. I have this nagging thought, "This is it? After all those 12 episodes, this is it? Where are the accomplishments?", I was left unsatisfied and that was a bit sad. It was rather short, they could have added at least 4 or 5 more episodes to give fulfillment to each of the main characters, to their career and over all life.

Setting the above mentioned aside - I did liked the ending, although it felt a bit rushed, at least there was closure for the characters, but then again I still wish there were more episodes to elaborate on what happened after. I seriously wanted to see snippets of "2 days and 1 night" but sadly they didn't show us anything more than what they wanted to.

However, over all it was a fun series, nothing dramatic or too funny. It's all light and entertaining, though it's not something that would entirely leave a mark for your drama watching career. I would recommend it to pass the time but if you are a fan of any of the main characters, then I highly suggest this - to indulge.