Details

  • Last Online: 3 days ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: June 20, 2020
Replying to whoissilmoy • Sep 4, 2025
Mei Zhuyu: The Hidden Half-DemonOrphaned Young: Mei Zhuyu lost his parents early, and the former Cat Master never…
Wow, thanks for this. Do you have one about how MZY survived? I found that part missing and hard to connect except through guesswork.
0 0
Replying to closetdramaqueen • Sep 3, 2025
i knew it was weird how they never showed the father's face. lol. ugh the subs for 36 - 38 aren't very good on…
The subs are so bad. Spirit becomes sperm. Mei Zhu Yu is plum chasing rain. šŸ˜†
1 1
Replying to ponnu • Sep 2, 2025
Watched the first 4 episodes. The first two were strong but 3 and 4 werent that engaging. I am liking yoona and…
I'm the opposite of you. I found 1st 2 episodes a bit hard to get in but ep 3 &4 were pretty good for me. I'm here for the comedy and food prep. Haha.
1 1
Replying to Andriamoi • Sep 2, 2025
lmao of course chinese viewers, why am i even surprised. Chinese viewers doesn't know how to enjoy a good show…
This is what you wrote, and this is what I've beef with: "Yes, there are good actors in China, but that’s only when you compare them within Chinese standards. If I compare a 'good actor' who won a Best Actor award Drama in China with one in Korea, I think the difference is clear."

This is a broad, sweeping statement and the way it's written, it applies to ALL actors in China. You could have just mentioned idols and high traffic actors. It's not that I'm particularly fond of C-actors/actresses. It's just that I think we should accord those who do well respect. My fave actor is Korean btw and he can really act...probably one of the best, if not the best in their industry. But if I look at some of the good C-drama actors, I believe they can do a good job of the same role too. Those 2 K-actresses you mentioned are great but there are also a ton of average but popular K-actors/actresses but I wouldn't go round implying they are inferior cos I'm not a bigot and I don't pretend to know it all. So I really think it's a disservice to say something so sweeping about the Chinese.

Oh, since you mentioned YZ, I'm not sure if you watched her in Forever You Forever. Her portrayal as a man was convincing for me. She is above average by my standard, but definitely can match some of the good K-actresses. And you know Yang Mi...she's often criticized as a poor actress but she did a very good job in her recent drama, Thriving. I do feel it's the script that limits their potential many a times. There are not enough good scripts to expand their range.

Anyway, I'm done here. We have differing views and we can agree to disagree. Thanks for the exchange.
0 0
Replying to Andriamoi • Sep 1, 2025
lmao of course chinese viewers, why am i even surprised. Chinese viewers doesn't know how to enjoy a good show…
I wouldn't compare to them to their western counterparts but with Korean. Really? If you say the quality of the dramas can't match, maybe I'll agree that there are fewer good quality Cdramas, especially contemporary ones. But acting wise, I really don't agree. Maybe you have focused on idol dramas and yes, those acting aren't always great because they tend to use popular and high traffic actors/actresses. Even the one you mentioned is just above average for me and isn't as phenomenal say compared to Zhang Ruoyun, Hu Ge, Zhao Liying, Zhou Xun, Chen Kun, Nini, Bai Yu, Sun Li, Feng Zhaofeng, Yin Zheng, Cheng Yi, Xiaozhan, Liu Xueyi, Crystal Liu, just to name a few. These are very good C-drama actors/actresses and definitely comparable to their Korean counterparts. The way you wrote your comment make it sound like there are no C-drama actors that are strong enough to compete internationally. Also, a lot of the C-drama older support casts have excellent acting skills.

Blossoms Shanghai is one recent one I watched that have excellent acting across the board. Even the weakest, Tiffany Tang, did a great job there.
0 2
Replying to Andriamoi • Sep 1, 2025
lmao of course chinese viewers, why am i even surprised. Chinese viewers doesn't know how to enjoy a good show…
I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about too. The good actors are as good, if not better, international wise. Don't know if you watch enough to make such a broad, sweeping, and non-validated comment on acting.
3 4
Replying to Bezos • Aug 31, 2025
Is this drama worth watching? I haven’t started it yet because many people are criticizing its storyline and…
It's really one of the best currently airing.
0 1
Replying to Krish728 • Aug 31, 2025
Guys, can't believe I have to say this:Xu Kai is not Mei Zhuyu.Tian Xiwei is not Wu Zhen.They are the characters…
I like WJT in You're My Lover Friend. I think that was the first time I saw him.
1 17
Replying to WhisperingWillow • Aug 30, 2025
WZS really said f*ck your family to WZ 🤣🤣🤣And there’s people seriously shipping them? Y’all are twisted…
Who is shipping WZS and WZ??? Yikes!!!
6 0
Replying to BaekhyunoonaID • Aug 29, 2025
Douban score opens at 6.6 šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ„³šŸ’•Totally did not expect this with all the noise and hate towards both…
Yesh! 6.6 is very decent for Douban rating...rated by over 22K people. And it proves this is no flop drama. It's well received and better than those dramas highly rated here. Haters now trying to figure how to downvote.
7 0
Replying to gingerkiss • Aug 29, 2025
She's a beauty! And she can act!
Yes! I just noticed yesterday while watching that her voice is so soothing to listen to. I hope she rises through the ranks quickly and we get to see more of her.
1 0
Replying to Areum • Aug 28, 2025
Jia yi's first drama but she slayed her role.
She's a beauty! And she can act!
0 2
Replying to Dawn-_- • Aug 28, 2025
Title The Scandal
Aah! I'm torn. I don't believe I will enjoy this drama from the synopsis but it has good actors in their whom…
Oh I definitely know what you're saying. Many other actors make me feel I'm watching the same person in different shows but not JCW. He always makes his roles fresh and that's why I like watching him. Even in the same genre, he always brings something brand-new and it's like I'm watching a different actor each time. He's THAT immersed in his roles.
4 0
Replying to gingerkiss • Aug 27, 2025
Definitely. By my standards, this should be at least a 8.6. It's unbelievable that other shows currently airing…
Oh yeah...but by China standards, which this drama is made for anyway, it's ranking much better. So there. Anyway, your replying is just your chance to attack this drama once again right? Ha.
1 0
Replying to gingerkiss • Aug 27, 2025
I don't find it similar to Mr Queen at all. Mr Queen was much better at hooking the audience in right away. I've…
That's great. You'll enjoy this. I'm a little coward when politics get too intense.
0 0
Replying to namirobin • Aug 27, 2025
ANGST IS COMINGspoiler alert: scene of how mzy and wz found out each other's secret identityhttps://x.com/Xkfangirl88/status/1960563352314503349
Woot! Can't wait!
0 0