Joon Kyung is is so obsessed! I despise her character because she only wants Gyo Re whom she supposedly “loves”…
I actually find her character rather interesting. I don't like what she's doing to GYR but from the flashbacks, it looks like after she was abandoned, he was the one who looked out for her. So it's quite natural she clings on to him. He protected her like a sis but she has developed obsessive love for him and is turning toxic cos he is not reciprocating the way she wants him to. And on the back of all these, I think both of them are being used to earn money for the mafia and it makes everything even more complicated. They have never experienced love in a normal way so she doesn't know how to cope without YGR. YGR has the fortune of meeting Team Genie and his journey there is helping him. Hope she finds hers too...soon.
Just finished watching ep 8 and this is by far, the best. I was feeling sleepy but watching this episode kept me wide awake! So many things happened and I particularly love all the focus on the animals. I was expecting a lot of sadness with Sonny’s departure but instead, the show chose to highlight the message of life and hope that Sonny brought to YGR. I’m so glad there is healing even though his best friend is gone. I cried but this is no sob story for the sake of sob story for sure.
But YGR’s attempt at living a normal life isn’t gonna be easy. His past is catching up along with the toxic people he grew up with. That plus it looks like he was owned by a mafia. Breaking ties with them won’t be easy.
This show is getting more and more interesting! I can’t wait to see how it’ll all pan out so that YGR can live an ordinary life and get a chance at happiness. He definitely needs to spend more time with Nurse Seo. They’re so cute together! I’m also liking Captain Kang more now with more of his backstory flashed out.
How heavy love triangle is here ..?Chemistry Between Main Leads..?
The chemistry is good but not on a romantic level. I find their bickering hilarious. I like it so far in terms of the delivery but we'll see. Hope it won't get draggy.
You're right about common cold being due to virus but I think in our context (Asia), catching a cold under rain…
I'm not sure but I think it differs with patients depending on the severity? For dementia, I understand they remember routines better. This is based on someone I know whose mom has the condition.
1. common cold is a virus, idk why kdramas insist upon catching a cold when under rain and cold2. the scene he…
You're right about common cold being due to virus but I think in our context (Asia), catching a cold under rain is also common belief. Plus, it does happen for people with weak immunity cos the virus can spread easily in lower temperatures.
For the old woman, I didn't catch it in the subs that she has Alzheimer or I'd missed it...I kept thinking it was dementia. Maybe she remembers routine better?
nice to see you joining in on this drama! I've had Move To Heaven on my watchlist for the longest time (but put…
Someone here kept comparing this drama with MTH and I didn't want to comment cos I couldn't get pass the first episode with that one. So am glad to see a different opinion now.
Currently I am on episode 4 but wanted to know how come YGR didn't recognise tae shik was the same man he know…
I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like Tae Shik was someone he knows. I think Tae Shik recognized due to the name of the father mentioned by the police and also the iron mark behind his neck.
I can FEEL him rising from the ashes like a phoenix with his latest shows. He is a really layered actor, and each…
Well said! I find his role in The Sound of Magic in particular, really unique. It marries his acting chops with his musical singing talent. It's quite bold because it's quite a feat for a Korean musical on Netflix to succeed especially when most people tend to compare to Disney type of musicals. Now he is recognized not just as an actor but a musical talent with great voice too!
He is so talented but now a days his drama stories are really crap . Lovestruck, backstreet, melting me are really…
You didn't mention The Sound of Magic which is most recent and is successful. How come? Also, Lovestruck may be rated only 8 here but it is rated 8.6 on Douban, watched by over 33,000 people (double the numbers at MDL) and ranked higher than some of the popular ones you think are great. It also was consistently ranked number 1 on Korea Netflix during the time it was broadcast.
Different folks, different strokes. No need to bash the artiste's work just cos of your personal preference.
I lost hope in Ji Chang Wook he don't know anymore how to choose a good script. After Healer and K2 he's projects…
Your taste in drama is rather shallow and lacks depth. Obviously, you only like action genre. So don't make sweeping, disrespectful statements about an artiste when you cannot even comprehend his works well enough. And no need to repeat your pointless comments everywhere just to annoy.
Am I the only one who doesn't feel that masterpiece atmosphere from this drama? Can't really put my finger on…
I would be leery if they try to make a masterpiece atmosphere out of a hospice-centered story. I agree with @John Smith that this is more of a piece of art that only some will gather together to appreciate. I had initial reservations about the lack of background music for example but now appreciates they don't deliberately introduce that just to induce emotions.
Edited: I found the scene in ep 3. AvenueX did a screen capture and XLH was like a tiny doll in DFQC's hand. I really don't remember watching that while watching her review but now that I watched ep 3, I remember.
I was watching AvenueX's review of this drama and noticed she highlighted a portion where DFQC appeared to be much bigger than XLH. I don't remember watching that scene. Anyone knows which episode was that?
But YGR’s attempt at living a normal life isn’t gonna be easy. His past is catching up along with the toxic people he grew up with. That plus it looks like he was owned by a mafia. Breaking ties with them won’t be easy.
This show is getting more and more interesting! I can’t wait to see how it’ll all pan out so that YGR can live an ordinary life and get a chance at happiness. He definitely needs to spend more time with Nurse Seo. They’re so cute together! I’m also liking Captain Kang more now with more of his backstory flashed out.
For the old woman, I didn't catch it in the subs that she has Alzheimer or I'd missed it...I kept thinking it was dementia. Maybe she remembers routine better?
Different folks, different strokes. No need to bash the artiste's work just cos of your personal preference.