One episode a day starting tomorrow, how are we going to survive?🙁
And today almost felt like I got 1 episode only too because there were so many characters and subplots I did not care about in ep 26 that I found myself skipping a lot of scenes. Thankfully, episode 27 was better.
I checked because I am not very familiar with the actress playing the FL and I have not liked one single drama in which this actress played the FL, not that there are many since she mostly plays supporting characters. Idk if it's her or if she just keeps picking bad scripts.
The comments and rating tell me this one will be no exception. Hopefully I will be proven wrong once I start it...when I find the motivation and time to do it. ^^'
There is no romance here. The FL made a bad decision and became a victim of everything that would be like a nighmare for any woman in real life. The ML also does not learn from his mistakes so there is no redemption for him.
"I think this is the fear of being hurt" but no fear of hurting other people. The main leads are selfish,…
No idea. I think I watched the last 2 episodes on dailymotion. You should be able to find them by just searching the name of the drama and the episode you want.
I hope many who were skeptical against GJM and his dramas will change their opinion after watching VoS. Atm this…
A 2nd season for MJTY would be great but right now most of the actors that were part of the main cast are super popular so there would be conflicting schedules and it would also be quite expensive to hire them all. It is not impossible but very unlikely we will get a 2nd season. T T
The main leads have a healthy relationship and you might enjoy seeing the FL slowly working to achieve her dreams.
But I cannot pretend they did not bother to fully explain the whole transmitigation/dream or whatever it was situation. Even fantasy dramas need some rules for the plot to feel consistent and believable enough.
The ending was underwhelming and the pacing was very slow. 36 episodes felt like too much but at the same time the ending felt rushed.
I watched mainly for Zhou Ye and she did great as expected and so did a lot of the other actors. But I definitely would not re-watch this one and feel like I would not have missed out if I had not watched it at all. I do not regret watching it but neither do I feel glad I did. I am just underwhelmed.
I hope many who were skeptical against GJM and his dramas will change their opinion after watching VoS. Atm this…
I will take the band aid over the characters dying without any chance of revival.
In one of my favorite cdrama both the FL and her sister die at the end but the ML and SML are just there waiting for them to be reborn and I was ok with that ending because I knew they still had a chance of being together in the future. What I hate is tragic endings where the character dies and that is it or open endings where we do not even get hints of what might have happened and what is the possible future of the main leads.
I hope many who were skeptical against GJM and his dramas will change their opinion after watching VoS. Atm this…
Wow, that's cool. Thank you for sharing that. With him being so involved in everything, let's hope he feels so attached to the characters that he will let them live. ^^'
It seemed like this would not be my cup of tea after watching the first few episodes but I have slowly gotten used to everything that felt weird to me at first and am starting to really enjoy it.
I was not able to love Fang's of Fortune like so many people did, maybe because I had recently watched quite a few dramas where Chen Du Ling played the villain when it aired so I just could not see her as the FL. Not sure, it has been over a year since I watched it and it was not a memorable drama to me. Seems like it does not bother me anymore, might have to give Fangs of Fortune another chance.
I just hope this one does not end tragically too. Seems like this director likes tragic and open endings. :(
P.S. - I previously said in a different comment that I did not like any of this director's works and that maybe they just were not my cup of tea but I have to make a correction and apologise.
Not only am I starting to enjoy Veil of Shadows but I also realised he was the Screenwriter & Director of My Journey to You, which is on my list of best Chinese dramas (although again...open ending...why, just why??). T T
This actually sounds like the kind of title used for those vertical dramas that you usually see uploaded on YouTube.…
I thought the exact same thing except those YouTube titles sometimes will have things written in the title that do not even happen in the drama, even the thumbnails are fake.
There's been a lot of them lately and all aired at the same time. 😅 Sign of a generational shift in domestic…
I am not sure this drama will be my cup of tea which is why I have not started it yet. I am waiting for a moment I have nothing better to watch to start it. If I do not like it I will probably drop it or skim through the episodes to get to the end of the story fast.
To be completely fair, Dai Gao Zheng would have chemistry with a wall. This man nails all his roles, I have not…
It was a screenwriting and editing problem. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with this drama. The story was all over the place, like not even the writers knew what to do next.
To be honest, the single greatest asset of this entire drama is Dai Gao Zheng. His on-screen performance and 'aura'…
To be completely fair, Dai Gao Zheng would have chemistry with a wall. This man nails all his roles, I have not seen him NOT have chemistry with any of the actresses he was paired with so far.
The reason why the rating is so low even with such good looking actors and lots of chemistry...is because that is pretty much all it had. You can sort of see what they were trying to accomplish by the end of the drama but for most of it you are not sure what they are trying to do.
The scriptwriting and editing are just bad, even for short drama standards. For most of the drama it even felt like the plot was not progressing.
It could have been a great short drama, but it wasn't.
I think this drama is about trust. And bei g vulnerable. They lost their moment. he was not there with his feelings…
"I think this is the fear of being hurt" but no fear of hurting other people.
The main leads are selfish, that is the harsh truth. If they felt attracted to each other, I would not call it love, then they could have just dated each other, why hurt other people in the process?
Her going on dates with the other guy while having sex with the ML was making me feel disgusted and then she had her colleague being all excited opening her heart about how she feels about the ML and even asking her if she knew if he was single and she was giggling the entire conversation and said yeah he is single, not a care in the world.
If someone did this to me, I would never talk to them again, just greetings and work talk but when possible I would avoid that person like the plague.
If this was a Korean or a Chinese drama the rating would be a lot lower. Seems like Japanese dramas can get away with anything. ^^'
There's been a lot of them lately and all aired at the same time. 😅 Sign of a generational shift in domestic…
I have actually not started it yet but cool that it happens in 1994, I am sure I will feel very nostalgic while watching it.
I watched Till the End of the Moon twice, one alone and then with my mother, she also liked it a lot. Most Bai Lu historical dramas are usually pretty good.
What is your native language? Maybe I can find websites where you can watch dramas in your native language.
If you have an Android TV or any tv that allows you to cast video, you will be able to watch it on tv with your parents. I have an Android tv in the living room and installed a web browser app so I can watch any videos as long as they are online, just like you can on a computer or smartphone.
1. Didn't you see haters attack here in the comments yesterday? No you didn't cause they were reported and banned.…
It definitely was not like this when I joined back in 2017. But I do still find a lot of people I have fun communicating with and always like to share opinions even if they are different. Most of us are here for the right reasons, to enjoy dramas and discuss them with other people who are also watching.
I wish MDL could come up with a way to stop this toxicity. Maybe only allowing a person to rate a drama or leave a comment after a certain amount of time after joining MDL. Not allowing people to rate dramas before they finish airing would also be good. It seems a bit restrictive but would stop a lot of haters since they would not have the patience to come back later to rate a drama that has already finished airing. They would probably forget about it and move on to their next target.
The comments and rating tell me this one will be no exception. Hopefully I will be proven wrong once I start it...when I find the motivation and time to do it. ^^'
But I cannot pretend they did not bother to fully explain the whole transmitigation/dream or whatever it was situation. Even fantasy dramas need some rules for the plot to feel consistent and believable enough.
The ending was underwhelming and the pacing was very slow. 36 episodes felt like too much but at the same time the ending felt rushed.
I watched mainly for Zhou Ye and she did great as expected and so did a lot of the other actors. But I definitely would not re-watch this one and feel like I would not have missed out if I had not watched it at all. I do not regret watching it but neither do I feel glad I did. I am just underwhelmed.
In one of my favorite cdrama both the FL and her sister die at the end but the ML and SML are just there waiting for them to be reborn and I was ok with that ending because I knew they still had a chance of being together in the future. What I hate is tragic endings where the character dies and that is it or open endings where we do not even get hints of what might have happened and what is the possible future of the main leads.
I was not able to love Fang's of Fortune like so many people did, maybe because I had recently watched quite a few dramas where Chen Du Ling played the villain when it aired so I just could not see her as the FL. Not sure, it has been over a year since I watched it and it was not a memorable drama to me. Seems like it does not bother me anymore, might have to give Fangs of Fortune another chance.
I just hope this one does not end tragically too. Seems like this director likes tragic and open endings. :(
P.S. - I previously said in a different comment that I did not like any of this director's works and that maybe they just were not my cup of tea but I have to make a correction and apologise.
Not only am I starting to enjoy Veil of Shadows but I also realised he was the Screenwriter & Director of My Journey to You, which is on my list of best Chinese dramas (although again...open ending...why, just why??). T T
The scriptwriting and editing are just bad, even for short drama standards. For most of the drama it even felt like the plot was not progressing.
It could have been a great short drama, but it wasn't.
The main leads are selfish, that is the harsh truth. If they felt attracted to each other, I would not call it love, then they could have just dated each other, why hurt other people in the process?
Her going on dates with the other guy while having sex with the ML was making me feel disgusted and then she had her colleague being all excited opening her heart about how she feels about the ML and even asking her if she knew if he was single and she was giggling the entire conversation and said yeah he is single, not a care in the world.
If someone did this to me, I would never talk to them again, just greetings and work talk but when possible I would avoid that person like the plague.
If this was a Korean or a Chinese drama the rating would be a lot lower. Seems like Japanese dramas can get away with anything. ^^'
I watched Till the End of the Moon twice, one alone and then with my mother, she also liked it a lot. Most Bai Lu historical dramas are usually pretty good.
What is your native language? Maybe I can find websites where you can watch dramas in your native language.
If you have an Android TV or any tv that allows you to cast video, you will be able to watch it on tv with your parents. I have an Android tv in the living room and installed a web browser app so I can watch any videos as long as they are online, just like you can on a computer or smartphone.
I wish MDL could come up with a way to stop this toxicity. Maybe only allowing a person to rate a drama or leave a comment after a certain amount of time after joining MDL. Not allowing people to rate dramas before they finish airing would also be good. It seems a bit restrictive but would stop a lot of haters since they would not have the patience to come back later to rate a drama that has already finished airing. They would probably forget about it and move on to their next target.
I also do not follow dramas on social media because it is filled with both haters and crazy fans and I am afraid of spoilers.