Editorials Details
- Last Online: 3 days ago
- Gender: Female
- Location: ᴄʜɪʟʟɪɴ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ
- Contribution Points: 120 LV2
- Roles: VIP
- Join Date: May 8, 2012
- Awards Received:
8
33
3
4
5
1
3
1
Editorials
K-Drama
Editorials
8
33
3
4
5
1
3
1
Nevermind that there is always the second lead who gets friend-zoned, nice guy who cherishes her and would treat her well. Used to 2nd lead never getting the girl,but when your other choice is an abusive rapist...really?? There is only so much disbelief I can suspend.
Yes, his abuse was more verbal. Stuff like this I could never accept in real life,but within the scope of revenge lakorn,this is rather mild I guess.
I would actually say the male lead was also bad guy,but not at the same level. Often you see in lakorn the bad guy doing the same thing as male lead,but his torture is an "act of love,while the bad guy's action is seen as criminal acts,or if raping the bad girl,he is meeting out a punishment of sort(because she deserves it??) Anyway it's better that rape/attempted rape was portrayed as a bad thing and he got no redemption.
As for the scene you are referring to between the lead characters,I don't know if I would call this rape. It would be coersion(which is also rape on my book) of he had followed through,but he wanted to back off while she chose to continue,and then he went along. This was an emotionally gripping and difficult scene to watch. They clearly cared for each other,but were bent on destroying each
other and themselves as well.
Certainly an emotional roller coaster of a drama. I actually came only for Yaya,but left a fan of Mark Prin as well. They had great chemistry,layered
characters and great acting,so that may explain why I could become invested in their story that I normally wouldn't buy otherwise.
That being said,there have been a time a two I was pleasantly surprised by revenge type lakorn,and a few times I watched rom/com and shocked by a what the heck is this rape scene doing in here moment. It can be an odd feeling sometime watching lakorn. On the one hand you know what to expect,on the other you never know what youre gonna get XD
I've really like the ugly duckling series most out of what I've watched. Also Kleun Cheewit -would only recommend with reservations(guy was quite cruel to female lead)and anything with Nadech and Yaya. Those two are adorable. Currently working my way through cupid series,Leh Nangfah and Cheewit Puer Kah Huajai Puer Tur. So far so good.