Euphoria:

what is her weibo anyways??

I stand corrected now I look at the photo again (above). It looks like it was an interview...Let me search it up in Chinese. May be I can find the original interview posting. 

Euphoria:

WRTW lets be honest, both sides hates it. Ppl said Zhao LuSi ooc-ed and is not like the FL at all

I don't really take note of the reception coz most of the arguments/discussions are done in c-websites, to which I don't have access to, nor am I able to read and understand Mandarin  q(╥﹏╥)p  Some of them might be sugarcoated when being translated, so I usually take it with a pinch of salt. To keep my sanity lol!

Euphoria:

WRTW lets be honest, both sides hates it. Ppl said Zhao LuSi ooc-ed and is not like the FL at all

Would love to go in further but I wouldn't want to go on a tangent in this FAQ discussion. But in short I agree with you. One of many reasons I decided to not watch WRTW although it was on my list initially. Sadge. 

GillianVarios:

No link anymore but a Vietnamese translation from a cropped original posting of the  author's blog:

Translation for the green box on the left (which is a translation of author's block on the right):

Author (SuMo) said: "If I could rewritten (the novel) I would omit the failed first love, so they can have a happy ending, love comes quietly, but love is deep and long lasting. The first love, the best person is always the same."

i tried searching it up DAMN the drama and novel fans are ripping at each other. Altho its strange why theres so many novel fans suddenly.  anyways novel is novel, Drama Yu Mo and Yan Dan has ZERO chemistry to say the least. or should I say Yang Zi and Zhang Rui has zero cp feeling

Euphoria:

i tried searching it up DAMN the drama and novel fans are ripping at each other. Altho its strange why theres so many novel fans suddenly.  anyways novel is novel, Drama Yu Mo and Yan Dan has ZERO chemistry to say the least. or should I say Yang Zi and Zhang Rui has zero cp feeling

I don't understand why novel fan complain so much about who is the ML and who the FL should end up with. In the novel 80% of the content is about the FL and her struggle only. If you come and read the novel as is without knowing about the drama, you would just think: Wow this book is about a love sick girl who was naive and fell in love deeply the first time and has to learn to get over that painful experience. So it doesn't really matter who she ends up with lol. She really could go either way or none at all. I would just treat the drama as a multiverse world LOL.  

GillianVarios:

I don't understand why novel fan complain so much about who is the ML and who the FL should end up with. In the novel 80% of the content is about the FL and her struggle only. If you come and read the novel as is without knowing about the drama, you would just think: Wow this book is about a love sick girl who was naive and fell in love deeply the first time and has to learn to get over that painful experience. So it doesn't really matter who she ends up with lol. She really could go either way or none at all. I would just treat the drama as a multiverse world LOL.  

I read the novel a bit but is YingYuan rlly that bad in the novel?? the worst stuff i could remember him do is identify the wrong person

OK! I found it. The original interview of SuMo back in 2019 

https://www.sohu.com/a/359142140_671384

Sooooooo it's 100% in Mandarin. I read it and what I got is that the novel was originally written 10 years ago when the author was much younger and was more emotionally naive than she is now. Therefore she had a few regrets and had wished to rewrite it differently. When asked who should be the ML and ends up getting the girl at the end, SuMo (without hesistation) saying it would be Tang Zhou (not YingYuan or YuMo but TangZhou). She also mentioned that when she wrote the novel, she had wanted it to be a tragedy but now looking back she wants it to be a comedy. 

At the end, the interviewer asked SuMo whether she is involved in the scriptwriting part of the drama adaption. She said she is not and let the professional screenwriters do their professional job.

I don't know how you guys interprete this but the author thoughts reflect in the drama now especially with the tragedy vs comedy aspect and many dream scenes where YingYuan appears to be in his Mortal form - TangZhou who has a happy family with YanDan. 

Basically, this drama will either surprise us or, hopefully not, disappoint us. Because it doesn't really follow the book and they've definitely added (and took out) scenes. Safe to say, no one knows what's going to happen until we've seen until the end  (•-•  )>

GillianVarios:
Sooooooo it's 100% in Mandarin. I read it and what I got is that the novel was originally written 10 years ago when the author was much younger and was more emotionally naive than she is now. Therefore she had a few regrets and had wished to rewrite it differently. When asked who should be the ML and ends up getting the girl at the end, SuMo (without hesistation) saying it would be Tang Zhou (not YingYuan or YuMo but TangZhou). She also mentioned that when she wrote the novel, she had wanted it to be a tragedy but now looking back she wants it to be a comedy. 

aaah!! Than novel fans should take a good look then. But she did get her wish. But that was from 2019??

Euphoria:

I read the novel a bit but is YingYuan rlly that bad in the novel?? the worst stuff i could remember him do is identify the wrong person

So aside from identifying the wrong person. He also did not go down to the WangChuan river to help YanDan at all. It was YanDan who found a hole in the river when she was walking there and ended up finding her way to the Mortal realm by herself. Years gone by and YingYuan actually becomes missing YanDan -- so a lot of the novel readers interpret YingYuan feelings is "Only when you realize you have lost something that you have learned to treasure it." 

I don't remember what made YingYuan went down to the Mortal Realm -- may be it was the artifacts? I am not sure if this was added by screen writers or originally in the novel. But I remember in the novel YingYuan went down to the Mortal Realm is to find YanDan and he actually went through 10 reincarnations before he found YanDan so TangZhou is his 10th reincarnation. YingYuan did love YanDan a lot in the novel but it keeps giving the feeling of "Too little too late" and that was the theme for the both of them throughout. In the end, when YingYuan returned to the heaven, he was so ashamed of everything he resigned from being Dijun and self demoted himself to become an Earth Deity 土地 as a punishment to himself. When he got to his new post, he received the news of YanDan marrying YuMo and just reminscing/dreaming about the past -- that's how the novel ends. 

Anyways, a lot of the novel was written in YanDan's perspective/struggles and the male perspective (whether YuMo or YingYuan) was not well portrayed at all so it's hard to tell as the reader who YanDan deserves to be with in the end. For me, I feel like she could be with anybody as long as she chooses to, really give off the strong female lead vibes. 

Euphoria:

aaah!! Than novel fans should take a good look then. But she did get her wish. But that was from 2019??

Yea, that was went it's confirmed the novel is getting a drama adaptation. 

GillianVarios:
I don't remember what made YingYuan went down to the Mortal Realm -- may be it was the artifacts? I am not sure if this was added by screen writers or originally in the novel. But I remember in the novel YingYuan went down to the Mortal Realm is to find YanDan and he actually went through 10 reincarnations before he found YanDan so TangZhou is his 10th reincarnation. YingYuan did love YanDan a lot in the novel but it keeps giving the feeling of "Too little too late" and that was the theme for the both of them throughout. In the end, when YingYuan returned to the heaven, he was so ashamed of everything he resigned from being Dijun and self demoted himself to become an Earth Deity 土地 as a punishment to himself. When he got to his new post, he received the news of YanDan marrying YuMo and just reminscing/dreaming about the past -- that's how the novel ends. 

yep, like how i remembered it. I rlly dont see it as bad ppl put him out to be though...

GillianVarios:
Anyways, a lot of the novel was written in YanDan's perspective/struggles and the male perspective (whether YuMo or YingYuan) was not well portrayed at all so it's hard to tell as the reader who YanDan deserves to be with in the end. For me, I feel like she could be with anybody as long as she chooses to, really give off the strong female lead vibes. 

Finally, I got some perspective from a novel reader. Been curious to know what happened to Yingyuan at the end coz all we've ever heard of is the ending of Yandan with Yumo.

GillianVarios:
"Only when you realize you have lost something that you have learned to treasure it." 

I can understand this impression by the readers. Poor Yandan must have been very, very heartbroken. I'd guess Yingyuan made up for his mistakes at the end, but a little too late for that.

Euphoria:

yep, like how i remembered it. I rlly dont see it as bad ppl put him out to be though...

He wasn't a bad person he was introduced much later in the novel (as YingYuan) and the introduction was a sad one as it was linked to YanDan's past.

Novel opens very brightly with a happy Yandan and Yumo living together in the valley so readers got a very good impression of Yumo. Later on they bumped into TangZhou who is a strong Spirit Master so Yumo and Yandan had to split up and Yandan being a weak spirit got caught in TangZhou's bottle gourd.  So novel readers got introduced to TangZhou as the bad bully male lead hahahah. 

After the trio adventure to retrieve artifacts then TangZhou starts to recover his memory is when YingYuan + YanDan arc in the heavenly realm open. I remember at that time, readers were SHOCKED that a bright and cheerful YanDan had such as difficult and heart broken past (falling in love with YingYuan, carved out her heart, got punished in the heavenly gallow then jumped the bridge and walked in the WangChuan river for 800 years). So the reactions for readers to YingYuan was sooooo bad. 

I feel for both sides though. I was a minority for liking YingYuan back in the day. There was so much more of the YingYuan character we couldn't see in the novel. God I am so happy they adapted this into a drama and made YingYuan the actual main lead who actually gets the girl. \m/ 

Question: Where does Xuan Ye fit in this scenario? Or is he specifically added into the drama? Please mark your reply as spoiler, thanks!