Korean DTT #4 - 2011 Dramas and 2011 Movies

This discussion has been closed.

catnip wrote: I'm against adding idols as well, it all depends on the amount of acting work done.

If it depends on the amount of work is there some kind of standard to go by when adding actors? E.g. if there's a new actor starting out with a supporting role he would only have that one role, so wouldn't that be the same for idols?
crookedsmile wrote: If it depends on the amount of work is there some kind of standard to go by when adding actors? E.g. if there's a new actor starting out with a supporting role he would only have that one role, so wouldn't that be the same for idols?

Yes, newly started actors have few roles, that's true. But idols are different. In most cases idols start dramas for fanservice/PR/expanding fanbase purposes and only few of them continue that path. Just because some boyband member had two guest roles, one of which was as himself, doesn't mean he's starting acting career. I do go more lightly on those who have had main roles, cause even though in my mind I still don't consider them as actors, they are important to the movie/drama information.

I know that quite a lot of idols are on MDL database indeed, and many of them do have only a few roles listed. But please have in mind that I haven't always been approval staff here and even now I am not the only one in that position, but since I was the one who rejected Kim Dong Ho, whom Lylina asked about, I explained it from my perspective.
catnip wrote: Yes, newly started actors have few roles, that's true. But idols are different. In most cases idols start dramas for fanservice/PR/expanding fanbase purposes and only few of them continue that path. Just because some boyband member had two guest roles, one of which was as himself, doesn't mean he's starting acting career. I do go more lightly on those who have had main roles, cause even though in my mind I still don't consider them as actors, they are important to the movie/drama information.

I know that quite a lot of idols are on MDL database indeed, and many of them do have only a few roles listed. But please have in mind that I haven't always been approval staff here and even now I am not the only one in that position, but since I was the one who rejected Kim Dong Ho, whom Lylina asked about, I explained it from my perspective.

OK, thanks for the explanation, I can see where you're coming from.
Which letters for the movies are not completed yet? I'm willing to do those.
christypop wrote: Which letters for the movies are not completed yet? I'm willing to do those.

Everything is taken, only December dramas are free.
Finished with September.
I guess I'll just do December so that this task can be finished sometime^^
I'll probably finish N+O+P for shaz22, waiting confirmation from him/her
finished NOP, please check! Thanks for the reminder Lylina :)
Thanks to you for finishing it this fast! ^^ I'll finish may if anyone wanna finish october it's free if not i'll do it after may