pinksprings01:

I wonder if people will rate the drama with a low score because of the sad ending.

Some of my favorite dramas here barely scratch 7.5 lol. People here are wild with their ratings. I wouldn't be surprised, but I'll be happy to judge their bad taste :D

CKT_DramaFan:

I think it will get good ratings in Korea if it keeps the sad ending because it kept true to history.  

True. I would be disappointed if there was a “happy” sugarcoated ending.

CKT_DramaFan:

I think it will get good ratings in Korea if it keeps the sad ending because it kept true to history.  

Agreed! 

LBPG:

Some of my favorite dramas here barely scratch 7.5 lol. People here are wild with their ratings. I wouldn't be surprised, but I'll be happy to judge their bad taste :D

For some people, they only give high ratings if the drama has a happy ending. Despite there being many good dramas that have sad endings too.

LBPG:

That’s why I don’t really pay too much attention to MDL ratings or bad reviews from people that haven’t finished the drama.

pinksprings01:

For some people, they only give high ratings if the drama has a happy ending. Despite there being many good dramas that have sad endings too.

Yeah, I get why, but it makes no sense to want to force a happy ending if it doesn't fit the story. Why I'm happy to judge away

LBPG:

Yeah, I get why, but it makes no sense to want to force a happy ending if it doesn't fit the story. Why I'm happy to judge away 

Agreed!

CKT_DramaFan:

That’s why I don’t really pay too much attention to MDL ratings or bad reviews from people that haven’t finished the drama.

Agreed! 

The feeling of emptiness when this drama ends. Hope MBC keeps creating high quality historical dramas.

pinksprings01:

The feeling of emptiness when this drama ends. Hope MBC keeps creating high quality historical dramas.

I feel you.  It’s been a while that I’ve enjoyed every episode of a drama.  

pinksprings01:

This definitely raises the bar. The quality in every single aspect is extraordinarily high for an over-the-air TV show, at least from what I'm used to

CKT_DramaFan:

I feel you.  It’s been a while that I’ve enjoyed every episode of a drama.  

Same here. A drama that makes you want to drop everything else and focus on it so intensely, that's rare!

I think

Episode 16 - daughter dies

Episode 17 - son dies and then Deok Im’s death last 20 minutes?

I wonder if Deok Im will die to poisoning in episode 17 because of Hwabin

pinksprings01:

I wonder if Deok Im will die to poisoning in episode 17 because of Hwabin

We’ll see…don’t know how it was in the novel.  They made Hwabin cruel in this version, possibly due to that thought that she could have had something to do with her death?  In the old version she was this cruel but they twisted things around with all the concubines in that version (Wonbin with miscarriage, Hwabin entering palace same time as Doek-Im and both being pregnant at same time, Doek-Im with boy and Hwabin with girl).