aad:

Hi! I am not sure if I completely understood so I want to make sure. So for the first round, we do 3 prompts for each block and when we finish, we have the choice to go back and do one more prompt for each block. Is that how the challenge works?

Hi!

Round 1 3/5, Round 2 4/5 so 7 per block... It will make it last longer :) 

P.S Feel free to do all 5 every round if you want, the numbers are the minimum required for each round. 

Shiro:

Hi!

Round 1 3/5, Round 2 4/5 so 7 per block... It will make it last longer :) 

P.S Feel free to do all 5 every round if you want, the numbers are the minimum required for each round. 

Ah, I understand it properly now, thank you!

aad:

Ah, I understand it properly now, thank you!

Glad I could help! Have fun!

Shiro:
Sine you have the option of choosing 3/5 in all the blocks for round one,  we figured the need for a Black Rose should be limited. But also the Black Rose badge is really pretty so we think some people wold love to get it... and you have those 3 last days to figure this out... But there are several ways to go about this, you could plan ahead with a user that has different viewing patterns than you, or look around.... So there are plenty of options here. 

Hmm, yes, the ideal way is if a few people can collaborate especially if one or two are an avid drama watcher or maybe if someone posts and offers to give up a title for someone who needs it.

I had another question about a title that has all the the prompts of that block:

"Lawnmower: Complete a block by watching a single title that includes ALL the prompts of that block. This may be used 5 times per round. "

Is this an exception of the rule that you have to watch a minimum of 3 titles per block or is this just for an extra badge? All the prompts meaning it should fit 5/5 of the prompts or 3/5 for round 1? 

Some questions related to the prompts:
8:2 A remake/adaptation of a title with a flower name or the word “flower” in the title 
Can this include the original as the prompt only says remake?

9:5 A title mentioned / referenced in another title or that mentions / references another title 
Can you explain? And what is the difference between the first and second part of the sentence?

10:2 Flower in nature
So if the scene has a character walking by and there are flowers on trees or bushes without them referencing or noticing the flowers, will it count?

13:4 Plant in a crime 
Plant/Flower is used to harm someone? What if a part of a plant is left at the scene of the crime but not actively used in the crime?

22:5 Spot a Secret Garden  
How can we classify something as a "secret" garden?

Ok here we go! 

1. "Lawnmower: Complete a block by watching a single title that includes ALL the prompts of that block. This may be used 5 times per round. "

This an exception from the rule, therefore it is limited to 5 per round. And it has to match all 5! No matter what round. 

8:2 A remake/adaptation of a title with a flower name or the word “flower” in the title 
Can this include the original as the prompt only says remake? 

You may watch the original just make sure one of them has the word flower in it. 

3. 9:5 A title mentioned / referenced in another title or that mentions / references another title 
Can you explain? And what is the difference between the first and second part of the sentence?

A title mentioned / referenced in another - You watch the title that is mentioned in another title 

that mentions / references another title - You watch the title mentioning another title 

Both are ok 

So if  Sparkling Watermelon  mentions/s  My Mister you can use either Sparkling Watermelon  or My Mister for  this prompt 

4.  Basically yes... if you se a flower you may use it since it is a spot it 

5. The use the word secret garden or the garden is a bit hidden away... we are not very pickey about it... 

6. Used in a Crime - If it is used or left as a clue it should work. It has to have some kind of connection to the crime not just grow next to the crime scene. 

7. Mark the table, and use the icon that looks like a magic wond to switch cell style to highlighted, I think there is a tutorial about it in last years challenge. 

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/83559-mdl-s-2023-watch-challenge-f-a-q-and-discussion-thread?pid=2443733&page=1#p2443733

Hope this answers your questing, but feel free to  keep asking . 

Four Leaf Clover: Find a title that has: Flower in the name, Flower on the cover, Flower mentioned in the OST, Flower as the name of a main character, a Flower shown in its intro, and a Flower involved in a major event in the plot.

Hi for this bonus when it says the character has to be named flower can it be a type of flower for example rose?  

Shemaiah :

Four Leaf Clover: Find a title that has: Flower in the name, Flower on the cover, Flower mentioned in the OST, Flower as the name of a main character, a Flower shown in its intro, and a Flower involved in a major event in the plot.

Hi for this bonus when it says the character has to be named flower can it be a type of flower for example rose?  

A type of flower or the word flower both are acceptable. 

Shiro:
Mark the table, and use the icon that looks like a magic wond to switch cell style to highlighted, I think there is a tutorial about it in last years challenge. 

haha, I had figured it out. I was accidentally using the thick option instead of the highlight option. You caught my question before I edited it out of the post.

Thanks for the answers. I believe I get it now.

Btw, does Sparking Watermelon mention My Mister? I was planning on watching it.

I hope more people fill out the lists because some of them are empty and I could use some suggestions for the prompts. *fingers crossed*

ColourMePurple:

haha, I had figured it out. I was accidentally using the thick option instead of the highlight option. You caught my question before I edited it out of the post.

Thanks for the answers. I believe I get it now.

Btw, does Sparking Watermelon mention My Mister? I was planning on watching it.

I hope more people fill out the lists because some of them are empty and I could use some suggestions for the prompts. *fingers crossed*

It actually does, one of the main characters asks herself is she is like IU in My Mister... if I remember it correctly. There are several refereces made there so its a good bet for that prompt 

Good evening, sorry for the inconvenience. I have a question, can you help me?

In "Random Bonuses": do I need to watch more Dramas in addition to those already watched in the challenge, or are they just more criteria when choosing the challenge titles?

Example: "Rosaceae": During the challenge, let's say I have watched 3 adaptations of the same Drama, in blocks 4, 5 and 6. So to get "Rosaceae" I have to watch 3 more adaptations, or I have already won it through of blocks 4,5 and 6?

Question: since MDL logs season 1 and 2 of dramas as two different titles, do they count as two different titles for the challenge? For example, Alchemy of Souls and Alchemy of Souls: Light and Shadow could be used for two different blocks? Or do they both have to be watched for it to count as a singular title?

Does a blooming tree on a cover count as "Flower on the cover"? 

I'm talking about the cover from The Legend of Anle: 

Zhao Lu Si Challenge 202:

Good evening, sorry for the inconvenience. I have a question, can you help me?

In "Random Bonuses": do I need to watch more Dramas in addition to those already watched in the challenge, or are they just more criteria when choosing the challenge titles?

Example: "Rosaceae": During the challenge, let's say I have watched 3 adaptations of the same Drama, in blocks 4, 5 and 6. So to get "Rosaceae" I have to watch 3 more adaptations, or I have already won it through of blocks 4,5 and 6?

Good morning! Only for Leap year, the rest you can use the ones in the challenge . 

KittyKyryi:

Question: since MDL logs season 1 and 2 of dramas as two different titles, do they count as two different titles for the challenge? For example, Alchemy of Souls and Alchemy of Souls: Light and Shadow could be used for two different blocks? Or do they both have to be watched for it to count as a singular title?

We go by title pages on MDL so if MDL has it as a page for  2 Seasons you can use it in 2 different prompts and / or blocks.  If MDL has 10 pages for 10 Seasons you can use it for 10 prompts... 

Just make sure you watch every one of the season used in the challenge between Jan 1- Dec 31. 

Say you watched season 1, 2022, and watched season 2, 2024 you will have to rewatch season 1 to be able to use season 1 in the challenge but season 2 is good to go! 

LunaNoir:

Does a blooming tree on a cover count as "Flower on the cover"? 

I'm talking about the cover from The Legend of Anle: 

Yes, a Blooming tree shows several flowers and most definitely count!