Again, for a site like this, it is probably useful to - at some point - decide on some transliteration guidelines. But yea, that is absolutely no reason to be rude and condescending. The database here is the work of many people who spend a lot of their free time on it. An entry with a "wrong" transliteration is better than no entry and everybody can help correct such cases.
Omo! He's one of the few, rare, guys here on MDL... And he turned out to be a rude whining ***. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
Skye-N-Rain wrote: Once again your rudeness seems to cause people to dislike you. Try chilling out a bit. If you ever do make a site that has correct pinyin usage your rudeness will scare away all the users.
Now onto your point, you're probably right about the incorrect pinyin usage (since afterall you supposedly study mandarin). The issue is widespread, as on every single site ive been on they use the same method we do. If you want this to change, you could go through the Chinese languaged dramas/movies and edit it one by one.

Thanks for concern, but believe it or not, I'd actually prefer my sino-centric entertainment list site elitistic and accurate like MyAnimeList is, as opposed to MyDramaList. If you guys think the way I suggest improvements so that everyone can enjoy is rude, you really haven't seen anything yet.

Here's a quick suggestion to improve MDL for you:
String array sino = {taiwan,china};
if(entry == sino) {
print("Please use standardized pīnyīn for transliteration, for example ",example);
position_above_transliteration()
}

doesn't even need else structure. just a friendly notification how things should be done in chinese entries.
I pity all those decent MDLers who waste their time in writing elaborate and structured responses to this guy. It's just feeding the troll. On a related note, I'm simply surprised none of the mods has banned him from the site yet.
catnip wrote: I pity all those decent MDLers who waste their time in writing elaborate and structured responses to this guy. It's just feeding the troll. On a related note, I'm simply surprised none of the mods has banned him from the site yet.

this dude isnt interested in a conversation, he just wanted to show off how much smarter (he thinks) he is than everybody else. it's really quite sad.
i'm chinese and i really dont see a issue ... MDL isnt even a professional site, its a site where ppl who share the same interest gather. And the database is pretty much made up of members that volunteer their time.
catnip wrote: I pity all those decent MDLers who waste their time in writing elaborate and structured responses to this guy. It's just feeding the troll. On a related note, I'm simply surprised none of the mods has banned him from the site yet.

Ban me for what reason? For shelling out some critique on how to improve this site, which you then call trolling, because it doesn't include tons of smilies and colored text like most of the posts on this board, which could as well be a Twilight fan discussion group for elementary schoolgirls by looking at common typography and content?

Also: cityhunter83, I am at least so intelligent that I am able to capitalize beginning of sentence and the word "I" correctly despite being many years younger than you.

I'm out of here. Too much cancer. Good luck to running your site, "Skye-N-Rain". With userbase like MDL's, you're going to need it.
niurou wrote: Ban me for what reason? For shelling out some critique on how to improve this site, which you then call trolling, because it doesn't include tons of smilies and colored text like most of the posts on this board, which could as well be a Twilight fan discussion group for elementary schoolgirls by looking at common typography and content?

Also: cityhunter83, I am at least so intelligent that I am able to capitalize beginning of sentence and the word "I" correctly despite being many years younger than you.

I'm out of here. Too much cancer. Good luck to running your site, "Skye-N-Rain". With userbase like MDL's, you're going to need it.

Alright. Take care man.
Good riddance to trolls. Honestly, pinyin isn't easy to begin with. First of all China's a huge country that has different areas that are not the same. You go to the south, they have different accents and ways of saying things, go to the north it's vice versa. I honestly don't think this person really knew all that much because if he did he would've of thought maybe that' why some of it is off. Whatever, as said good riddance to bad trolls. Also Niorou, your sentence structure is poorly done. So before you correct others in their grammar and punctuation, you should check your own. >< Oy. I would've banned this guy long ago. It's one point to state your opinions and it's another to attack and harass members as he did. He should've just gone to the ran t thread, said his piece and moved on. Oh well I fed the troll. D: And Sky n Rain I appreciate your work. ignore losers like these. They don't want help, they just want to cause trouble. Ironically they think they're so smart because they can attack everyone but in the end it just makes them look like a jerk. Said my piece I shall move on. Once again Skye thank you for MDL. I am truly glad to be apart of it.
ya know, i dont like to brag, but when someone questions my intelligence i feel the need to correct them, it's a personality flaw. given my IQ there is a statistical probability of less than 5% that any given person is as intelligent as i am and less than 2% that any given person would be more intelligent than i am.
cityhunter83 wrote: ya know, i dont like to brag, but when someone questions my intelligence i feel the need to correct them, it's a personality flaw. given my IQ there is a statistical probability of less than 5% that any given person is as intelligent as i am and less than 2% that any given person would be more intelligent than i am.

LOL... Go Shorty..it's your birthday. <3 I can't believe we are all still posting in this thread.