burhaaadmi:

I'm always amazed that ANYONE becomes a leech at Avistaz. I've been there 5.5 years now and never come close to being a leech. As you say, the key is simple: Read the rules, follow the rules.And be patient, don't try to grab everything you want all at once. 

I do find it harder than other trackers to keep a good ratio though.

As most are heavy files, ratio decreases quickly. On top of that, it is difficult to keep that many heavy files on the hard disk at the same time in order to make points out of them, eventually I run out of space and  have to move them  to a portable HD  so I'm not seeding them anymore and so my bonus points do not go up that quickly either.

I've always maintained a good ratio, but just saying it is not that easy as with others.

Ara 99:

I do find it harder than other trackers to keep a good ratio though.

As most are heavy files, ratio decreases quickly. On top of that, it is difficult to keep that many heavy files on the hard disk at the same time in order to make points out of them, eventually I run out of space and  have to move them  to a portable HD  so I'm not seeding them anymore and so my bonus points do not go up that quickly either.

I've always maintained a good ratio, but just saying it is not that easy as with others.

Onr thing I've got into the habit of doing is not downloading series while they are airing. By waiting to download completed series, they are free torrents, and not only do they not hurt my ratio, they boost it because lots of people are downloading it

@burhaaadmi  @Ara99 

I've been waiting to join on AvistaZ a long time ago, but It's my first time using a private tracker. Can you give me some tips for a newbie if it's not much trouble? Thank you very much in advance 

Lady Ginkgo:

@burhaaadmi  @Ara99 

I've been waiting to join on AvistaZ a long time ago, but It's my first time using a private tracker. Can you give me some tips for a newbie if it's not much trouble? Thank you very much in advance 

Patience is VERY necessary - for an Asian Drama fan, getting entry to Avistaz can be like a kid in a candy shop, grabbing so much stuff it makes you sick, and broke :) Read the FAQ, and the rules, then  read them again. Then, just to be safe, read them again. :)

Private trackers are really all about sharing. You need to upload as much you download. There's no time limit for this though, so if you download a 50GB torrent, you can just keep seeding it (making it available for upload by others) for as long as you like., until you've uploaded the same amount downloaded. This gives you a positive ratio.

The best way to build ratio is download some gold star torrents. They don't count against your ratio. as downloads, but do add to it as uploads.   There are likely to be completed Drama series you want to watch that are gold starred, you can download them without affecting your ratio, and they will (slowly) help you build your ratio.  I'd suggest building a "priority shopping list" of the Dramas you most want to see and try to torrent them one at a time while you build your ratio.

I’ve wasn’t quite sure where to start but after reading what you have mentioned, it becomes a lot clearer! Probably bombarded myself with a lot of jargon.  Thanku 

Would someone give me some help? I joined the day they opened registrations. Downloaded 3 files and left them seeding when the download was finished but my ratio is still 0. What should I download first to help me build my ratio? I've waited for so long, don't want to be kicked out  :/

paulamarina610:

Would someone give me some help? I joined the day they opened registrations. Downloaded 3 files and left them seeding when the download was finished but my ratio is still 0. What should I download first to help me build my ratio? I've waited for so long, don't want to be kicked out  :/

This is what I wrote for a friend:

There are some tricks to survive. The most important is to start with downloading some popular 'free-download' torrents (with Golden star sign) to then let others upload from you. Make sure that the torrent has enough leachers. Just after your ratio is ok, download what you want. Here, you can find free-download torrents that a newbie like you can download:
https://avistaz.to/torrents?in=1&search=&type=0&discount%5B%5D=1&tags=&uploader=&special%5B%5D=newbie
Three-four months ago, I started with downloading 'Crash Landing on You', a Korean drama I never ever watch! But it helped me massively to reach my ratio to about 5. It's still popular, but you might find better options. The higher the ratio of leachers to seeders, the better! I remember that for Crash Landing you, there was about 500 seeders and 50 leachers, but this is a good ratio. You just need be patient, people start to download from you.
As far as you don't rush into downloading things, you'll be fine! But it might be difficult when you suddenly find what you've searched for ages:) They are like the apple that Eve ate:)

Oh  the secret is the number of leechers. Thank you!

faarian gives VERY good advice - I too download gold star torrents that don't interest me if they are likely to be popular for the very same reason.  Again, I'd suggest not downloading individual Drama episodes too soon, as they are not free and will hurt your low ratio. Grab a recently completed Drama that still has people wanting it.

Bumping this because the open registration ends in less than 2 days.

is there anyone who can invite me I can seed indefinitely

Why didn't you register? 

The week for signing in was last month yep. That was in august so you missed the offer. Anyways, I m only giving Avistaz to some people.

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Not Care About Avistaz Registration

Hello, I had avistaz membership before, but when I forget my e-mail address, I cannot enter anymore. Can anyone send an invitation to join?