Harshitha AR:

I couldn't control my curiosity so I skipped from 12 till 23 and directly watched 24 episode. I didn't get anything from there. So will I understand the ending after watching those skipped episodes? Otherwise I am going to stop here.

Yep the ending is somewhat totally unrelated. 

PeachBlossomGoddess:

I think the ending was just right but leaves the door a crack open for a sequel if they wish. No reason  to close that crack more definitively. 

100% though somewhat of an explanation of perhaps what the director was thinking at the time would be great 😂 but I agree. Keeps the possibility of a sequel there if it was to go ahead. If not, up to your interpretation.

Demzlw:

100% though somewhat of an explanation of perhaps what the director was thinking at the time would be great 😂 but I agree. Keeps the possibility of a sequel there if it was to go ahead. If not, up to your interpretation.

At this point I don't even know if I am wanting a new spinoff because I am unsatisfied with some things being unexplained, or because I am too used to waiting on my toes every evening for the next episode of MJTY. 

No matter what the ending was, I am never gonna deny the fact that this was one the best shows aired in 2023.

Second thing that calms me about all the suspense stuff is that, they addressed literally all the mysteries and clues about the gongs. Someone's birth, someone's death, those small chits, GHY' reasons everything was so well addressed.

thatoldbooksmell:

At this point I don't even know if I am wanting a new spinoff because I am unsatisfied with some things being unexplained, or because I am too used to waiting on my toes every evening for the next episode of MJTY. 

No matter what the ending was, I am never gonna deny the fact that this was one the best shows aired in 2023.

Second thing that calms me about all the suspense stuff is that, they addressed literally all the mysteries and clues about the gongs. Someone's birth, someone's death, those small chits, GHY' reasons everything was so well addressed.

I am so unused to the fact that there are no new episodes anymore. I was literally waiting for a new episode at 4:30 ( the time when episode is released) only to realise that it's already over.

Kinda gives me the empty feeling I hadn't got a long since watching LBFAD

PeachBlossomGoddess:

She was in the room with her sister as hostage, the Wufeng head and two Liangs. Nothing good comes of that.

where was the second liang? 

thatoldbooksmell:

Kinda gives me the empty feeling I hadn't got a long since watching LBFAD

why that one had a happy ending, he came back

AmeliaPond:

Well it seems Ziyi is a Wang so we never saw any Liang. I think there is a missing arc - the whole Wufeng arc is missing.

PeachBlossomGoddess:

Well it seems Ziyi is a Wang so we never saw any Liang. I think there is a missing arc - the whole Wufeng arc is missing.

Ahh ok, I thought you saw the wufeng leader and 2 other person from wufeng in the scene when YWS went inside. I thought I don't see somebody 🤣

PeachBlossomGoddess:

Out at dinner - I will take a look when I get home if no one else does it.

Eng sub version is here https://x.com/dailyzlinghe/status/1703034681632104776?s=46&t=o7oiicOILrocXCfznlkpog

AmeliaPond:

I assume there was one behind the door?

Ari_Lee:

SGQ being peaceful rubbed me the wrong way. Lol

She knows the greatest love of all... self love.

Demzlw:

Exactly - it is a very commercial ending. That YWS most likely came to a nasty end. And if there are enough financial backers... then the story continues. It does feel like there is one more arc bc Wufeng head/Dianzhu is still out there. But it could be that after all that world building, the IP of Wufeng vs Gonmen survives but sadly YWS's part of the story is over.

PeachBlossomGoddess:

I know there is a huge outcry over the ending but I actually quite liked it.  It makes sense and is consistent with the genre. Wufeng was never gonna let her get away with betraying them like that. Knowing that, it was really dumb of her to go back to visit her home town like that all by herself and so openly. That part just seems complacent and out of character.

Same. I like the ending. Don’t know if the same happened with SGQ with her last scene where she looked up like there’s someone else.