Hello, everyone! 

As a reader of both, I suggest you start with Yuwu. Spoiler- the whole prostitution thing doesn’t happen at all- the MC, Gu Mang, is untouchable during that period at the brothel, it is just a false display, as explained in ch 16 , so no worries. Also, the plot construction and execution reminded me of Erha, so you won't get bored. It is true that the premise is sad, but if you have in mind that the story is made to take you on the journey of discovering what really happened with Gu Mang, what he did and why and also to portray the conflicting feelings of Mo Xi regarding his connection to Gu Mang, you will start to love these characters nearly as much as those in Erha. You will surely find new dynamics, different from Erha, but which you will begin to appreciate and maybe love, like I did. It is angsty but in a tolerable way; you can handle it for sure if you have finished Erha.

In my opinion, it is worth reading.

About BAB (Case File Compendium):

BAB is very disturbing, with multiple detailed r*pe scenes ( 3 if I remember correctly, that have as motive revenge)  in the first 104 chapters- you need to be mentally strong to navigate those; has slimmer plot than Erha and Yuwu, but I would  say that is it worth reading, especially for the characters, despite that their relationship begins with the r*pe, later it becomes very satisfying to read about them trying to be together.

Here I found the most beautiful, desperate and heart aching first declaration of love that I didn't see in Erha and Yuwu.

Also, the MC is obsessed with ML- another Mo Ran and Chu Wan Ning in that perspective.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for the review! I absolutely loved Yuwu - almost more than I loved Erha - but I was hesitant I about starting BAB. After reading your overview I am considering reading BAB next :)