Tools:
Comb
hairspray - the one that comes with doll prefer
Silver bobby pins
clear hair rubberbands

Normal bun:
This bun style will only need on one wig.

Separate the hair line from the top of the ears to the other side.

Attached wig, use silver bobby pins to secure.

Comb down hair to hide.

Then comb some hair secure a small ponty tail and make into a small bun with clear hairbands.

Comb from the from hair back and spray hair and fix fly aways.

Xiang Liu Loop Bun:

Tools:
Comb
hairspray - the one that comes with doll prefer
Silver bobby pins
clear hair rubberbands
2 wigs

Attach the first wig as decribe above from top of the ear.

Comb down hair to cover hair line.

Cut the second wig from the corners to create two separate pieces.

Comb hair on the side.

Attached each seaprate peice to the side, secure it with silver bobby pins.

Pull all hair together to create a long pony tail. Fix any fly ways and may take some adjustments.

Make sure ponytail is in the middle of the head.

Take about 1/3 of the ponytail and loop around, feeding the into the loop. This is tricky so may take a few tries. Make it as tight as possible, and then use silver pins to hold in place.

One silver pin from the side, another to hold the the middle part, and another from the other side.

Lastly, using comb and hairspray, comb flyaways to cover bobby pins. you can also trim away fly aways from loop bun too.

Hope this helps. lol. I didn't want to undo and make a video. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PA!! 

Looking good that tiny king next to the flowers he bought for you. Always a gentleman :3

belated Happy Birthday friend. I hope you an amazing day. Xiang liu doll is adorably cute. Wish it will be available overseas for us too.  ❤️

HeadInTheClouds:
I tried to do my Grumpy Pants hair like your daughter's grumpy pants liddi, but the results were too shockingly bad to show :-)

Oh dear. Surely it can't be that bad.

I've been trying to convince my daughter to change his hairstyle, but no luck yet! 

plor20:
Normal bun:
This bun style will only need on one wig.

plor20:
Xiang Liu Loop Bun:

Thank you so much for the tutorial! I'll show it to my daughter.

How did you manage to purchase two wigs? Did you buy the 2nd one separately? So far, the sellers I found only sold the wig sold together with the doll.

What kind of hairspray do you use? Are there actually hairspray for dolls? Please forgive my ignorance - this is a new experience for me!

Wanning94:

belated Happy Birthday friend. I hope you an amazing day. Xiang liu doll is adorably cute. Wish it will be available overseas for us too.  ❤️

We can purchase him on AliExpress!! Very easy to place the order. 

Here's the link: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005006213541498.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.28.56b6caa4YNzNEz&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

liddi:
What kind of hairspray do you use? Are there actually hairspray for dolls? Please forgive my ignorance - this is a new experience for me!

Her Xiang Liu came with a little bottle of hairspray and a comb, which is lucky because these are not normally included in the box. Must have been a thank-you gift.

plor20:

Long overdue pictures of Lord Xiang Liu.

Here's Xiang Liu celebrating my bday with some yellow roses. hehe. Took me a long time to get his hair this way. haha.

Oh, happy belated birthday!!!

And a lovely coiffed Plushie Xiang Liu to celebrate with you.

Found an interesting rumor, though I haven't seen anything about this drama or the rumor on Twitter, but it was on a video that came up on my feed.  On a Google search this was the only info / 'article" I could find.

https://min.news/en/entertainment/275b9c18f4578315eeab2aed16e1b97d.html

It's a costume drama called The Monsters of the Ming Dynasty, based off a book?  A historical detective fantasy? type of show.  But the really interesting thing, besides being a costume drama, is that it also allegedly stars Zhang Songwen, from The Knockout, who has also taught acting!  I could totally see Tan wanting to act with him.

Hope this one is true, as it sounds interesting with a great co-star.  I hope to find more info about the director and production.  Though, I still would love to see Tan Jian Ci do one more romance xianxia and also a wuxia.

Kokuto:

Found an interesting rumor, though I haven't seen anything about this drama or the rumor on Twitter, but it was on a video that came up on my feed.  On a Google search this was the only info / 'article" I could find.

https://min.news/en/entertainment/275b9c18f4578315eeab2aed16e1b97d.html

It's a costume drama called The Monsters of the Ming Dynasty, based off a book?  A historical detective fantasy? type of show.  But the really interesting thing, besides being a costume drama, is that it also allegedly stars Zhang Songwen, from The Knockout, who has also taught acting!  I could totally see Tan wanting to act with him.

Hope this one is true, as it sounds interesting with a great co-star.  I hope to find more info about the director and production.  Though, I still would love to see Tan Jian Ci do one more romance xianxia and also a wuxia.

Yes. I saw this rumour as well. I also hope that it's true. It's based on a novel, I believe. 

The problem is that it's rumoured to start shooting at the end of the year. Isn't TJC preparing for a concert for the end of the year? How would he find the time for the drama?

I also want to see him in a wuxia and another xianxia. Or just another costumes drama (well, maybe not one set in the Ching dynasty :-)). There are no confirmed new dramas or movies after Under The Skin 2 :-(

That's a really pretty picture of FFB in that article. I just need to crop XY out :-)

liddi:

Oh dear. Surely it can't be that bad.

I've been trying to convince my daughter to change his hairstyle, but no luck yet! 

Trust me, it was very, very bad. Poor Grumpy Pants was not happy with me :-)

liddi:

Thank you so much for the tutorial! I'll show it to my daughter.

How did you manage to purchase two wigs? Did you buy the 2nd one separately? So far, the sellers I found only sold the wig sold together with the doll.

Seconding liddi's thanks, plor20. I'll save the post because I read it once and have no idea what is going on :-). I am so bad at these sorts of artistic skills. 

Also, can I get the link to the seller that you bought the extra wig from? I think I might need an extra one since my amazing hairdressing skills may destroy my poor XL's hair 

nathsketch:

Her Xiang Liu came with a little bottle of hairspray and a comb, which is lucky because these are not normally included in the box. Must have been a thank-you gift.

Hmm! Maybe if I ask really nicely, they'll send me one as well :-)

HeadInTheClouds:
Yes. I saw this rumour as well. I also hope that it's true. It's based on a novel, I believe.

The problem is that it's rumoured to start shooting at the end of the year. Isn't TJC preparing for a concert for the end of the year? How would he find the time for the drama?

Hmmm.  I'll have to go digging then.  If I don't find it in more than one place, or with more info, I tend to put it down as wishful thinking melon.  Especially if I can't even find the project on MDL.

I don't know.  I thought he was doing his concerts after filming Under the Skin2?  Like in the summer?

I'm thinking he'll be filming at least one more drama / movie this year since he is a workaholic.

HeadInTheClouds:
I also want to see him in a wuxia and another xianxia. Or just another costumes drama (well, maybe not one set in the Ching dynasty :-)). There are no confirmed new dramas or movies after Under The Skin 2 :-(

Nope.  I haven't seen anything.  Though I did see that the modern drama Detective of Nan Luo, which has been on his list forever, allegedly got a filming license recently to start in August.  I don't know if he is actually signed up for that one, or is still signed, though.

There's been a few wishful thinking melons, but the only other one I'd love to see him in is the Mao Bo novel, Liang Jing Shi Wu Riwhich had rumored him, ZWY, and Cheng Yi.  It looked like a cool adventure / history / wuxia drama.

I don't know what would be a good xianxia for him, but one which was well written, and where he was the male lead and got the girl in the end would be my main requirements. ;p

HeadInTheClouds:
That's a really pretty picture of FFB in that article. I just need to crop XY out :-)

I'm sure FFB would say, ALL his pictures are pretty. ;p

nathsketch:

We can purchase him on AliExpress!! Very easy to place the order. 

Here's the link: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005006213541498.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.28.56b6caa4YNzNEz&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

Oh, Thankyou so much buddy, for sharing this link. I will definitely try to grab 1 for me. ❤️ 

Wanning94:

Oh, Thankyou so much buddy, for sharing this link. I will definitely try to grab 1 for me. ❤️ 

You're welcome! Yes, go get him! He'll change your life, trust this random person on the internet :D