ohh......now I understand the end completely.

Thanks....a lot

Wravyn,

This is exactly why I found the ending the be the worst part of the entire show.  I think if they were going to end it this way, it would have been better for him to not have met her at all.  After she has been reincarnated for all of her lives, he will be without her for eternity with no way to die.  Now he has to live with the memory of his love never to see her again.  At least make him human or forget after her final life has passed.  Which I believe is still a worse fate then never having to meet her at all.  He will forever remain the lonely goblin at this point.  He truly has no happy ending.  

The viewers deserved more than what that ending supplied us.  I am left wandering just like the goblin.  It's cruel.

I agree with what most has said here; the ending is the weakest link of the show. It was acceptable, watchable, but not even close when you're comparing it to every other aspect of the show. It brought you so many experiences and played with your emotion that when the ending happened, it was just blunt. This is still my all time favorite drama, but I won't go on without acknowledging the flaws of it.

On a technical note, the reason why I think the ending was sub-par was because

1.) Death - the story literally revolved around the thought that Goblin wanting to die. When he finally could, he no longer wanted it because he fell in love with Eun Tak. He did die though, only for him to be brought back to the world without any fucking explanation. How the fuck do you go from there? I feel like they should at least give an explanation that isn't vague; clear and direct to the point on why he was sent back.

2.) Eun Tak - as explained in the show, a person has 4 lives. Assuming it was Eun tak's 1st, they met at Eun Tak's 2nd life in the end of the drama. All good and well 'till the fact that we didn't have any closure for Shin, so we're just assuming he will live on forever and Eun Tak won't. That's a sad ending