I just want to say thanks again to everyone for their recommendations. With all these, I'm set to watch historical dramas for the rest of the year xD
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
Rooftop Prince
Empress Ki
Jewel in the Palace
Maids 
Empress Ki
Moon embracing the sun 
Scarlet Heat Ryeo
Queen for Seven days (New)

Let me tell you these dramas are so lit. Especially Empress Ki.
Empress Ki is like 50 episodes and finished it in 3 days. I was hooked. I also wrote about it on my blog alot. Its just like amazing.
Romance and drama and action and drama. 
Check out my blog though if you wanna hear more about it. www.dramaunnie.com 

Thanks again, Empress Ki keeps getting recommended. I will check it out soon.

I got side-tracked because of Scarlet Heart Ryo lol

(which got me to search for Goryeo period dramas rather than Joseon haha)
I second Shine or Go Crazy. It's not very historically accurate. Really loved the two main characters and the character played by Lee Ha-Nui who is scary, smart and manipulative.
How about Dae Jang Geum? or The Legend
If you like long historical dramas:  Dae Jo Yeong, King Gwanggaeto the Great
These dramas are not very popular but I like them..
Wow so many recommendations. I'm the same as Antonin. I don't know historicals. Can someone give an absolute choice? I don't want a soft historical (like gender bender, rom com, etc) but I want an epic one that's highly rated and praised by everyone. I wanna watch the entire drama and feel amazed. Please no pretty face boys as leads please. I'm a guy. I get turned off by that.
Jewel in the Palace / Dae Jang Geum is a must watch if you're less into pretty boys/romcoms. It's a highly acclaimed drama and not a lighthearted one.
neo - Thank you so much. I've been reading the comments on that page. I think I will start with that one.
I would recommend Hwajeong (Splendid Politics) if you are going for a serious historical drama.
Korean historical I recommend

TOP 2
Dong Yi
Empress Ki

OTHERS
Moon that embraces the sun
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Arang and the magistrate
Faith
Moon that Embraces the Sun
Wow KMR, you must love Moon that Embraces the Sun very much xD

In any case, thanks for all the recommendation folks! :D