@Lin

That is a fascinating question.

If I accurately identified them in the teaser and trailer, I believe Gel and Ken will uncover a boat in the remaining episodes, but they will most likely be unable to access it. Ken will kill someone (perhaps Bozo, as seen by the terrible moment with the guts) and somehow die in Plato's arms in the water. Gel will chase Mind. Sonar will get into a fight with Bew and Bozo. Bew will strike her, but she will not be killed.

Something came to my mind just now. Have you ever thought about how Lilly was the last person to see Mac alive? It's unknown what else they talked about when Mac grabbed Lilly and how he was able to let her go (as she claimed) on her own! I'm getting more suspicious of her. It's a little strange if we assume that someone other than Lilly trekked through the jungle in the middle of the night, found Mac, killed him, and returned so that they could all be together in the morning like they were last night around the fire. On the other hand, despite the fact that Mac was brutally murdered, Lilly's clothes were dry and pristine. Keeping your clothes clean while murdering someone is possible but difficult.

I hope Zee can make it to the last episode and survive as well.

@MBN
Unfortunately, I think Ken will be the one in the arms of Plato because in the Trailer this scene was extra emotional. I really doubt that Gel will live for long but what about Fone? She didn´t have much presence in the trailer. Maybe she dies in the next episode after she chases Gel? Would be strange tho, after she survived her injury because of Lyla.

Yeah, Lilly is very likely not dead.  It would be too predictable but at this point, I don´t think that it matters who started this. They´re all going insane.

@Lin

I agree that neither Gel nor Fone will make it through the next two or three episodes.

Indeed, they all have to bear a great deal before they can survive. Who will get out of this hell is now the more pressing question.

I'd be interested to hear if you come up with any new ideas after watching the following episodes.

So I personally think that Lyla is either a ghost or just their own guilt manifesting in a corporeal form they're seeing in their fear/upset. It's been 5 years but she's still wearing a pristine uniform from their school? I guess someone could have brought her a new one, but since it's known that she's dead I kind of doubt she could have gotten one herself. 

As far as who the killer could be I think it's a little bit of everyone. We know that Bew killed Dan - and maybe Lilly killed Mac but someone else decapitated him. Maybe someone in the group had killed Lyla and it's just one of those things where in the end they all just end up destroying one another without there being one killer. I could be very very off but it was just a theory I was running with.

cypheraly:

So I personally think that Lyla is either a ghost or just their own guilt manifesting in a corporeal form they're seeing in their fear/upset. It's been 5 years but she's still wearing a pristine uniform from their school? I guess someone could have brought her a new one, but since it's known that she's dead I kind of doubt she could have gotten one herself. 

As far as who the killer could be I think it's a little bit of everyone. We know that Bew killed Dan - and maybe Lilly killed Mac but someone else decapitated him. Maybe someone in the group had killed Lyla and it's just one of those things where in the end they all just end up destroying one another without there being one killer. I could be very very off but it was just a theory I was running with.

Exactly, we´ve been discussing this as well at the beginning of this thread. Because at this point, does it really matter who started this anymore? It has already escalated and the fire of hatred is soon going to reach the roots of their dark "friendship".  It will only be a matter of time until there will be no one left to be "friends" with. Even already, the viewer can see the primal instincts kick in and the will to survive. The most dangerous thing that can happen. 

I am quite fond of this series because I can very strongly see the parallels and closeness to our society. Everything seems so stale and forgiven on the surface, but what would happen if someone dragged you or me to an island where there were people who betrayed, bullied, hurt, etc. you (/me) and then there is one person intentionally starting this fire of redemption... Honestly speaking, I don't think the series/story is as remote as it first appears.

For the whole week that I've been waiting, I had the feeling that they were "somehow" waiting for us on the island to discover the truth. My brain has longed for the knowledge of how the chaos will proceed. Especially after all of our discussed theories and considerations. I must sound crazy to you but the series is so much more intense when you're not in control and waiting for the answer. 

Someone mentioned Agatha Christie in the comments and my brain is turning into mush since there's a book I read by her where someone who died faked their death while they were alive the whole time and I did not see it coming. Although Lilly seems way too obvious. But then I remembered there was another book by her where the most obvious people were actually the killers. 

I'm just going to stick with my initial theory for now and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. The only thing that confuses me right now is the motive of the killer because I can't tell who would want to defend Lyla to the point of killing people aside from her sister (somewhat) so far. Which is why I think the motive might have to do with more than Lyla's death or not be related to her at all. We can only theorize further from seeing more backstories I think... 

perfect:

Someone mentioned Agatha Christie in the comments and my brain is turning into mush since there's a book I read by her where someone who died faked their death while they were alive the whole time and I did not see it coming. Although Lilly seems way too obvious. But then I remembered there was another book by her where the most obvious people were actually the killers. 

I'm just going to stick with my initial theory for now and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. The only thing that confuses me right now is the motive of the killer because I can't tell who would want to defend Lyla to the point of killing people aside from her sister (somewhat) so far. Which is why I think the motive might have to do with more than Lyla's death or not be related to her at all. We can only theorize further from seeing more backstories I think... 

Yup, I totally agree with you. The only thing we have to do now is to wait. x_x
Because in 1h 15 minutes episode 5 may release BUT we don´t know when the subtitles will be ready.

I think it comes with the subtitle when Viu releases it but we just have to wait for someone to upload it onto the sites. So it'll probably take a day or a few hours. 

Uhm I don´t know. Probably 4 - 12 hours? I am currently rewatching the episodes-
I will probably buy the next episodes on Vimeo to show some gratitude and support.
I am way too captivated by this ... ~ even send the producer a message. He won´t respond tho but I´m okay with that. If he has a bad day in the future, maybe this could help to cheer him up. <3

Lin:

Uhm I don´t know. Probably 4 - 12 hours? I am currently rewatching the episodes-
I will probably buy the next episodes on Vimeo to show some gratitude and support.
I am way too captivated by this ... ~ even send the producer a message. He won´t respond tho but I´m okay with that. If he has a bad day in the future, maybe this could help to cheer him up. <3

Whoops. Sorry, didn't mean to word it as a question lol. That's sweet of you, I'm surprised you can contact him at all but hopefully he gets the message. 

He probably got it. :D
No worries. Let´s hope this series will continue being this captivating and well made.

So far so good. At least nobody died yet but I have the feeling that Bew will die next episode. He has been behaving too much like a self-centred and aggressive "wannabe" leader. In the episode, you can already see the doubts from Bozo´s side. And to be honest, killing him would be a quick solution for taking out the most dominant aggressor. As much as I like the actor, I try to not be biased about him too much because Bew seems to be a cunning person. It seemed like he did assault Sonar in the past? At least it felt like they kinda wanted to create that image in the viewer's mind, which could also again be a trick to make us think that Bew is the worst person right now. A reason that would doubt his evilness is firstly Dan saying in Episode 1: "The person at fault is the one who hurt you [Bew] and Layla" (the video), he also used self-defence twice (against Mac in the bathroom and against Dan in the woods) and thirdly that Bew didn´t hurt Sonar when they were alone and instead brought her back to the camp. He even was right about Mac having ill plans for the 12 of them before everything escalated. I see a lot of potential for him actually being misunderstood, at least that would be an interesting plot twist. Again, the bathroom scene where Bew was mistaken as the offender of Mac because of the unlucky encounter of the other students at the time he held the knife, while it was the opposite, is still sticking with me. The question is, shouldn´t Bew be alive long enough to be forced to confess to his wrongdoings? Based on the tension of the plot it would make more sense to kill him after they revealed the truth. However. revealing it beforehand is also a stylistic method to make the viewer "regret"  to have misjudged him?

The next person who seems a bit off is Nest. Why does Bew want to protect her? It seems like Bew is the centre of all the girl's issues. But I want to point out how much I like Sonars braveness even in the worst kind of situations. And Mind is alive?? That´s very suspicious. One theory with her being the mastermind actually may be the right direction, since she will die anyway. 

I can only point out that everyone seems off now, too calm in many ways. Except for Gel and Nest. It´s probably because most of them are mentally drained and prepared to die but still,  they somewhat calmed down. There is ofc still tension, but it´s way more passive-aggressive. I wonder what they will do next since it seems like Bew, Bozo and Fone captured the three girls. I´m glad we will get the next episode tomorrow. Just sad about my prediction of Bew probably dying because he´s a thorn in everyone's sides and using his self-decleared power too much. Never good in those kinds of situations. Equality should be the main goal.

What do you guys think?

Guys, hear me out, I think the boatman died from a sickness. I can´t imagine someone of the isle had killed him nor that there is an ally on the mainland. Maybe he had sickness like Mind and they planned this together? Therefore there might be a connection between Lyla/ Mind/ Lilly/ Sonar and that man, otherwise, why would he spend his time helping someone to get their revenge? That thought came to me after rewatching the first episode because he seemed sick. The series obviously had some side thoughts to show this scene where he was coughing. It´s something that is easily forgotten if you watch it the first time, probably even purposely. Still, later on, they may use these 2 seconds to fill one of the plotholes.

Another thought: Maybe he purposely sunk with the ship, so that the mainland thinks all of them are dead? That thought just came by randomly. I doubt it but well, who knows?

so i'm not through this episode yet but bew just said "you don't want to end up like mac and dan do you?" and we know that bew killed dan does this mean he killed mac, too? just a thought that i had while watching. could be proven wrong at any moment since i'm only like 5 min into the episode but yea lmao

so bew assaulted sonar. more and more unraveling of this "friend" group as we go on. bew has definitely lost his mind, but so has fone and probably bozo though bozo less than the other two. and i've got no further ideas of what's going on except now bew has seen lyla whether or not he admits it.

BUT THE TEASER FOR NEXT EPISODE !?!?!?!? mind was actually the one to leak the clip??? i would have bet anything that it had been mac but wow