For those who are interested in reading the English translation of the novel, please check out:

https://polychromaticprosetearsinheaven.wordpress.com/

This is still ongoing. The translation is completed at Chapter 26, on-going for the epilogue and extras.

For those who are interested in the ending, here is a spoiler of the novel I found from https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2016/11/shawn-dou-li-qin-and-zhang-yun-long-for-tears-in-heaven.html:

Summary of the Novel Written by Kappy: For 1/3 of the story, the love story is between our heroine and the second male lead (or the first man she truly loves). Our heroine is Du Xiao Su (Li Qin), a reporter who moves to the big city in Shanghai after a heartbreak only to find herself attracted to a handsome and kind doctor, Shao Zhen Rong (Zhang Yun Long), the perfect man in everyone’s eyes. Their love is gentle and they even share thoughts of marriage and family house together. Unfortunately, the writer rips apart this love story in the most tragic way possible. The appearance of Zhen Rong’s older brother, Lei Yu Zheng (Shawn Dou), forces Xiao Su to break up with Zhen Rong out of shame. When she was younger, she had a one-night stand with a stranger and that said man is Yu Zheng….. Zhen Rong refuses to break up with her without knowing the reason and fight for her understanding. When she finally relents to give their love a chance and tell him the reason, she waits and waits for him to come home. He never does….

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Our poor doctor never makes it home because he dies in an earthquake/mudslide? Ripped apart by the pain of his death, Xiao Su desperately wants to hold onto the house they promised to live in together. Thus begins her pleas toward Yu Zheng to give her the house. Described as cold person, Yu Zheng rarely shows his emotions. He doesn’t believe in love for he grew up with materialistic women throwing themselves at him. While he doesn’t want to look at Xiao Su, he can’t stop himself from caring about her either. It was the day of Zhen Rong’s birthday when he sees Xiao Su drunk and drenched in the rain and her sorrow speaks to him. He takes her home and in her hazy mind, she sees Zhen Rong in the older brother… They kiss. A lot more happen to bring the two lonely souls towards each other.

Finally, Yu Zheng realizes he loves Xiao Su when he sees her with another man. Angry and jealous, he rails at her for lying about her love towards Zhen Rong. He doesn’t know why he’s so upset but he forces himself on her…. [Yes, this is the R scene.] After the deed, Xiao Su runs away. With one humiliation after another, she wants to end her life but in the last minute, Yu Zheng pushes her out of harm’s way and gets hit instead. The time he spends in the hospital, their love deepens.

Alas….she is pregnant with his child. Krap. Ashamed of her action, she decides to not keep the baby. When he knows that having a baby is hard for Xiao Su, he decides to let her move away and live safely in the states with their child.

The story of waiting begins. Waiting for time to cure all wounds of the past. Waiting for time to lessen the pain of death. Waiting for time to finally open the eyes of those around. That living means moving on. While Xiao Su stubbornly denies her love for Yu Zheng, she doesn’t realize the said man is even more stubborn, waiting for her from behind.

From what I read, they finally get their happy ending in a side story, reuniting the pained love birds after 6 years of separation.

It seems like in the drama the FL doesn't recognize Lei Yu Zheng. If they had a one-night stand in the past did she lose her memory of him? I haven't read the book and am on Episode 4. Just noticed between their interactions how he seems to know her from the past.

ktiehouse:

It seems like in the drama the FL doesn't recognize Lei Yu Zheng. If they had a one-night stand in the past did she lose her memory of him? I haven't read the book and am on Episode 4. Just noticed between their interactions how he seems to know her from the past.

I think in episode 10? When Xiaosu visits Zhenrong at the memorial site, it is revealed that Yuzheng left Xiaosu at the hotel and left after(why Xiaosu doesn't remember). They probably cut out the one night stand scene due to censorship.

"From what I read, they finally get their happy ending in a side story, reuniting the pained love birds after 6 years of separation."

Where is the happy ending in the book version?  What side story did you mean please?

I just read the book translated by https://polychromaticprosetearsinheaven.wordpress.com/ , and it had a very sad and depressing ending.  

They're not together, he sent her away to another country to have the baby alone, and they agreed to never see each other again. His baby will never learn who his father is and he will never see his baby.   He also mentioned to her that he will marry someone else in the future, and she said she will always be alone, never marrying and having other babies.  He loved her, but she didnt love him at all.   This ending seemed final, since he also threw alway the ring he wouldve given his love that his nanny was saving for him, and sweet momentos into the lake.

I'm so annoyed that I wasted my time and read it lol, because i thought it would also have a happy ending like the drama.   I'll never read a book by this author again lol!

If you plan to read that translated book, expect a very sad ending. (unless this happy ending is written some where else, and it wasnt included.  If you know where it can be read in English, PLEASE let me know so I can have some closure! :)  ).