For some the writer's gave us some clues who he is. For some crazy reason I think he is Tae Kyung (TK) half brother.  Could his mother be strawberry?  When I saw a short of when they both had the same white car, one time they were coming out of their hotel elevator at the sae time wearing the EXACT suit. LOL Hopefully the next couple of episodes will explain exactly who he is, he's mean.  I just wanted to join in the conversation and give my 2cents. ?

Anita2:

For some the writer's gave us some clues who he is. For some crazy reason I think he is Tae Kyung (TK) half brother.  Could his mother be strawberry?  When I saw a short of when they both had the same white car, one time they were coming out of their hotel elevator at the sae time wearing the EXACT suit. LOL Hopefully the next couple of episodes will explain exactly who he is, he's mean.  I just wanted to join in the conversation and give my 2cents. ?

I don’t think they are half brothers but maybe cousins? Of course, this could be from Inok’s side or from TK father’s side.  If they are half brothers, could be that TK & JH actually have the same biological father and different mothers.  At this point, it’s best to wait and find out what the screwy writers are thinking. 

I threw  my hands up when this nun shows up, I’m done  even trying (laughing while typing).  When Kim was coming back I predicted that he was returning with a wife with possibly a child busting SJs hopes of using him to breakup YD and  TK but this no way!!! However,  this could be a scam (fraud) and she’s a actor who knows the real family member.  The look on JHs face tells me that he was not ready for that person to look like that. Well, I’m Don until need week.  I laugh at the writing because they have my mind busy.

Kathryn_51:
However, once the Strawberry arc began, Joon Ha's story - such as we know it - fits better overall with her.  It would make him a Gong family member

your prediction was correct, JH is a Gong ( if the nun is a biological sister of JH). I don't like this twist. the writer might threw another twist (  because he is crazy, who likes to give a hard time to YD and especially TK).  

joji_d:

your prediction was correct, JH is a Gong ( if the nun is a biological sister of JH). I don't like this twist. the writer might threw another twist (  because he is crazy, who likes to give a hard time to YD and especially TK).  

If writer-nim throws in a different twist, it will be that Joon-ha was adopted (by Strawberry) and he is somehow TK's brother.  

From the very beginning, we were promised that Joon-ha's family was "unknown. . .a secret. . . and we must watch to the end to find out."

Perhaps he is Gong - fine with me and what a smackdown to Se Jin!

But, I don't think this is End Game.  I think you are over the target when you say writer-nim might throw in "another twist." (although you might be less happy with the TK/JH sibling result)

Episode 43 was a bit much for me (crying).  Look I get how people can change their mind but I will NEVER accept KJ reversal regarding his baby since he wanted YD to have a abortion! Did he ever ask for forgiveness properly? Now that he's in the  Gong bloodline really is sad.  I just can't figure this out.  Until next episode.

Anita2:
Look I get how people can change their mind but I will NEVER accept KJ reversal regarding his baby since he wanted YD to have a abortion! Did he ever ask for forgiveness properly

it is so sad,  and I agree.  This writer is really a man, he can't understand the YD's perspective. How can a man who ask his girlfriend to get an abortion ( and never apologized properly)  will have redemption as promised in the beginning of the series ( as stated by the actor himself,  Jung Eui Jae, that he is pitiful and the audience will sympathise  with him if they watch till the end, the audience are clamoring for the screenwriter's head instead).  I do not think that JH' s constant presence ( if he is a Gong) in the lives of YD/TD is a redemption arc after what he had done prior to this twist.

Just because you are a sperm donor, you have all the rights in the world to be a father. Just like a farmer, cannot just threw the seeds into a barren land, it needs  nurture and care for this seed to grow and survive. JH  does not have a child ( figuratively speaking, it had been aborted). This writer should know better. I was already annoyed with this writer when he wrote the scenario where Inok just "delivered " YD and HN to an abusive man  (JH). He takes domestic violence and abuse lightly, triggering some anger if you have been in abusive relationship. It is quite dangerous actually.

Just finished episode 44, I can't for the life of me understand where this is going.  I just can't!  All I know is I REALLY DISLIKE the sperm donor.  Episode 45 will be interesting.  I don't even have the energy to properly follow (and comment) on the other family issues. Heck we'll need a Season 2 at this rate. I'll be back next weekend.

[Episode 45 Spoilers ahead]

I am so happy that Kim Joon Ha is not a Gong – because, unless writer-nim changed the original plot, this means he is definitely TK’s brother.  I’m still betting on fraternal twins, but I’ll be happy with sibling (half) brother if that’s the way it turns out.

Before the drama began, actor Jung Eui Jae said  “Joon Ha’s family “is not known yet . . . it’s a secret. If you WATCH TO THE END, you will know.” 

Well, as of Episode 45, we are not yet to “the end”.  Right now (Ep. 45) these are FACTS:

1.  TK birthdate is June 4, 1990.  JH birthdate is July 1 1990.  Less than THIRTY days apart.  Korea law requires that registration must occur w/in 30 days of birth – certified by a doctor/hospital/mid-wife. The birthdates for TK and JH are the only two birthdates that have been shown in this drama.  THE ONLY TWO. 

2.  The two men have shared a visceral hatred for each other from the moment they first met on the elevator.  When I watched them scuffle on the ground (episode 6 or 7?), they were like young brothers fighting – not grown men. (It was one of the funnier scenes overall as YD sat in a café, drinking tea while the fight was in the background).

3.  JH was 16 years old when his [adoptive or bio] father died.  [I find it interesting that one photo in the columbarium showed all 4 family members, but the father was not in the second photo].

4.  TK was approximately 17 years old (“11th grader”) when Chairman Gong  married TK’s mother and formally adopted him into the Gong family.   In other words, JH’s father was dead before In-ok married Chairman Gong.   (Speculation:  TK’s father supposedly died before TK was born (how convenient). There was an indirect hint that he was a “playboy”.  If TK's bio dad was actually alive, then  In-ok could not allow TK to be adopted w/out the bio dad’s consent.)

5.  Both men are extremely intelligent (JH is MENSA; TK is physician which means top 1% to attend Korea medical school).

I’m not even going to bother with the matching suits or car stuff – writer-nim was having fun with the viewer. 

Th brother connection (fraternal twins or half-siblings) was the original plot.  Strawberry was a diversion.  For a couple of weeks, I was only 75% certain they were brothers, but soon thought that it might be both (brother and Strawberry’s son).  But once Strawberry’s daughter identified JH as her brother in Episode 42, It was simply TOO EARLY – it wasn’t “the end” of the show yet. 

It’s possible that writer-nim decided to simply throw out the entire plot involving Joon-ha’s family history because viewers “hate” the character – except that the hatred was intentional from the beginning (actor Jung Eui Jae said that he would be portraying a character that viewers would hate). 

Funny I was the one laughing about the both of them with matching suits and white cars. Yes the writer had fun with that. Also the fact they both had hotel rooms. It was so weird both men mixed up with the 2 same women.  I really like your post. After episode 50 I'll think back about how things (puzzle) turned out. 4 more episodes to go! 

Funny I was the one laughing about the both of them with matching suits and white cars. Yes the writer had fun with that. Also the fact they both had hotel rooms. It was so weird both men mixed up with the 2 same women.  I really like your post. After episode 50 I'll think back about how things (puzzle) turned out. 4 more episodes to go! ?

Funny I was the one laughing about the both of them with matching suits and white cars. Yes the writer had fun with that. Also the fact they both had hotel rooms. It was so weird both men mixed up with the 2 same women.  I really like your post. After episode 50 I'll think back about how things (puzzle) turned out. 4 more episodes to go! 

Anita2:
really like your post

the post that you mentioned is probably buried in the massive amount of comments  (15000 comments and counting) that this drama had generated since it aired.  I became so involved with this drama commenting on various topics and commenting on some posts that irritates me or just to give my 2 cents worth) . Usually I don't watch ongoing drama because I like to binge watch and don't like waiting for a week for the next  2 episodes. 

This drama really piqued my interest,  I even research civil laws in South Korea. But the writers have the habit of ignoring ( or not fully researching topics ) which sometimes makes me uncomfortable ( with the way he handles some social issues which to some are triggering i.e., domestic abuse. The writer is insensitive or probably ignorant or perhaps because of pressure  succumb to shocking the audience just to generate buzz and higher rating.

I am still waiting for the writer for redemption arc of JH which is probably will not come or being rushed because at episode 46 and only 4 episodes left, JH is still a jerk. The writer had a massive task of redeeming JH; he ( the writer) made him a big jerk that the audience will not welcome a rush redemption arc  for him; and it is understandable.

Episode 46 thoughts (spoilers)

As of Ep. 46, the viewer still does not know who Joon-ha's "blood" family is, altho we were promised that if we watched "to the end" we would know.  

I am convinced - as I have been since. . . .oh, about Ep. 21 (? - whenever we saw Joon-ha's birthdate that was w/in 30 days of TK's birthdate). . . that the original plot was that TK and JH are fraternal twins.  The other option was that they shared the same bio dad (JH's father), but that was pretty much tossed away when Sister Sister said "Mom  and Dad adopted you".  

Will the Writer-nim stick with the original plot?  Or will viewer discover that - contra original promise - Joon-ha is not related to anyone???

I have said it before - the mystery of Joon-ha's family is the primary reason I continue to watch as I FF through all the boring scenes of TK/YD; JW/YM; Uncle and Hee; etc.  

Although both Se-jin and Joon-ha will get some sort of muddled redemption arc, it's really sad that they have not been portrayed as "grey" characters with glimmers of good intentions/motivation mixed with their schemes and plots.   Perhaps it is simply not possible when one writer is preparing 50 scripts with a wide variety of characters.