I knowww... can't imagine reliving all those lifetimes over and over for 30K years to die every time. I think they had planned to show the alternate shot of the 2nd life's ending more in depth but maybe episodes constraint couldn't make it fit so they only flashed back to it in pictures. Now the question is, did the loop finally break with the use of the time disk or is it still going and this 6th life is the one that breaks it? Or it will only break once MY and CH are resurrected.

Lan_Lan:

I knowww... can't imagine reliving all those lifetimes over and over for 30K years to die every time. I think they had planned to show the alternate shot of the 2nd life's ending more in depth but maybe episodes constraint couldn't make it fit so they only flashed back to hit in pictures. Now the question is, did the loop finally break with the use of the time disk or is it still going and this 6th life is the one that breaks it? Or it will only break once MY and CH are resurrected.

i guess when they're filming it, they maybe thought it could be longer, maybe 40+ episodes (then yknow censorship had gotten ridiculous in the past year)

i really want it to be that they've already break the loop with the compass, but seeing how vague chu kong was being after that, with him saying that his brother has already suspected him long ago, i think him finding cang hai's spirit is the key here

and my guess was that from the memories of his previous loops, he knew that xiangyun will end up perishing (we know how paranoid and bad his brother is), so he tried to get cang hai's primordial spirit, even at the expense of him perishing,  so i guess he's planning on sacrificing himself to break this loop (maybe betting on their red thread containing a sliver of their primordial spirit to come back alive)

I just noticed the ending scene in the trailer link you posted. 

It seems immortal Li & red thread master are looking at Cang Hai & Chu Kong lovingly holding each other. 

That's a hint... 

IdealLifeDreamRealm:

I just noticed the ending scene in the trailer link you posted. 

It seems immortal Li & red thread master are looking at Cang Hai & Chu Kong lovingly holding each other. 

That's a hint... 

which trailer?

I'm referring to the first link posted here. 

Yeah what they’re looking at looks like it’s a repeat of the scene in episode 27 except Chukong is wearing a different outfit instead of the blue one. Maybe they’ll finally get to redo their CH/CK life with a happy ending in the last two episodes. 

Lan_Lan:

Yeah what they’re looking at looks like it’s a repeat of the scene in episode 27 except Chukong is wearing a different outfit instead of the blue one. Maybe they’ll finally get to redo their CH/CK life with a happy ending in the last two episodes. 

Oooh, we'll see how that's going to happen ☺

i can't believe this theory was right! you guys are insane for figuring this out. this is such a crazy twist, i never would've imagined it if they hadn't told us in eps 31 and 32. 

I registered to MDL just for this discussion hehe.

It is crazy how you predicted the plot from the beginning. The plot is reallysomething. I came for DYX stayed for the plot. And DYX ofc. 

If I understood correctly, their story started as CH/CK, events happenned, CH died, CK memories erased. Then 30,000 years later evebts from episode 1 happenned, their red knot got tied, they went through the 1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th tribuation and then in 5th they went to past. CH died again, CH memories erased again, and he contonies to live until episode 1. And it goes on and on.

However, why is the assumption that this time they broke the loop because CK activated the Tianji compass. I mean, they needed the compas to go back in time, didn't they. So they needed it in every loop, and CK would get it activated in every time wouldn't he? Idk I havee this feeling that they are still in the same loop. Becasu if Tianji compass broke the loop this time, how did they got back in time in prevous loops? 

Additionally, that rose my suspicion was when they showed CK Cat Demon, they showed  his interaction with those two demon lords. One of them said that Scorpion Demon (probably the CH helper one) made the Mistery Forest. And that when some Cat demon tried to use the Demon King powers for his own agenda, at that moment CK two fingers started to tremble. I mean the Scorpion King? That helped CH, and wasn't murdered by CK back then. And then, Cat Demon (coincidentaly?!) trying to get Demon King powers for his own agenda??

Idk, I would say that considering the plot so far, these things are not coincidental. And where exactly loop ends? I think they may be still in the loop. 

jasper:

i can't believe this theory was right! you guys are insane for figuring this out. this is such a crazy twist, i never would've imagined it if they hadn't told us in eps 31 and 32. 

This drama is quite subtle with their hints. But now that you know, if you go back to watch you'll notice all the clues were there 😄

Bee_Bee:
However, why is the assumption that this time they broke the loop because CK activated the Tianji compass. I mean, they needed the compas to go back in time, didn't they. So they needed it in every loop, and CK would get it activated in every time wouldn't he? Idk I havee this feeling that they are still in the same loop. Becasu if Tianji compass broke the loop this time, how did they got back in time in prevous loops? 

@Bee_Bee Welcome! Happy to have another brain join the discussion :)

I was thinking that this could be the first time CK was able to get the Tianji compass to activate in preserving his memories? Because for a while there he was struggling to get it activated. I assumed in previous times he couldn't get it activated in time before the memory erasing kicked in, which is how the loop started and continued.

Bee_Bee:
Additionally, that rose my suspicion was when they showed CK Cat Demon, they showed  his interaction with those two demon lords. One of them said that Scorpion Demon (probably the CH helper one) made the Mistery Forest. And that when some Cat demon tried to use the Demon King powers for his own agenda, at that moment CK two fingers started to tremble. I mean the Scorpion King? That helped CH, and wasn't murdered by CK back then. And then, Cat Demon (coincidentaly?!) trying to get Demon King powers for his own agenda??

BUT these points you've brought up make a lot of sense too. So maybe they are still in the loop or there is a loop within a loop 😵‍💫😂

I can't believe this came true! Ever since we discussed this early on, this theory was constantly running through my mind. I started trying really hard to look out for the clues included with the parallels but the Tianji Compass took me for a surprise. Everything adds up but man, this was better than expected. 

rambler26:

I can't believe this came true! Ever since we discussed this early on, this theory was constantly running through my mind. I started trying really hard to look out for the clues included with the parallels but the Tianji Compass took me for a surprise. Everything adds up but man, this was better than expected. 

Yeah our fear of it being poorly done is rest assured hehe. I know they did mention the Tianji compass somewhere in the beginning. I'd have to rewatch to see if they hinted anything back then.

yup, i also think that this could be the only time chu kong were able to activate the compass in time  (to inject his memory and primordial spirit into it) but it doesnt necessarily mean that the loop is broken. maybe it's just the catalyst chu kong needed in order to break the loop.  i assume since the scene of them entering the past was there in chu kong's memories, it must've meant that they have done it before. but it could've been that even tho they went back to the past, bcs it's still considered a tribulation, what happened then affected their primordial spirit still, so if they lost their memory from the past and got stuck in it, the loop will repeat itself. so chu kong was indeed able to go to the past but since he lost his memory of it again, he got stuck in the past repeating the loop again and again and again. and from the look of it, xiangyun doesnt seem to realise that it's a loop, only that it's their destiny to fall in meet and fall in love. and we dont really know what happen outside of the loop. it could've been that every time they went to the paxt, chu kong got stuck in it, xiangyun isnt so she eent to look for god haoxuan and got killed by him every time.