LetMeAnonymous:

but can you explain, how blowing temples will help in bringing the truth out ? I mean how?

I'm pretty sure the temple that was bombed was the one Xu Jin was forced to stay at and where Xu Ping's mother was kept. So with the solar eclipse and the bombings, people were saying it was an evil omen and whatnot. In episode 14, Xu Ping talks with his brother the Emperor about it and says there might be an injustice in the city where the mountain and temple collapsed, an injustice that took place in the past. He even explicitly says "Hong Fu Temple also collapsed" as a way to get his brother to come clean....which he doesn't.

In episode 16 or 17, he also says he can't believe neither the Emperor or Xu Jin didn't remember (about his mother's death). 

Now, this is just me trying to understand his thought process. But I just find it a) way too extreme and b) way too illogical, but oh well, that's Xu Ping for you xD

I mean, I could kinda get it that an evil dude wouldn't say no to the opportunity to blow up the place his mother was forced to stay (away from him) and where she ended up being (probably) murdered. But just blow up all the people with it? A whole mountain for one temple! Damn! He damaged! Who hurt the guy? The character just does not seem evil enough for this, where is the trauma for him to end up like that?

ML really does not connect the two events (him pushing candle as a child and Xu Ping's mom dying, but his father, the Emperor seemed kinda shaken and enraged when one of the officials said that the earthquake thingy could be linked to an unjustice committed at sight. 

I am wondering  about how he became the Emperor, I mean he is the olderer brother, that is for sure, so maybe he was already the crown prince (probably) before his dad (the prior Emp) died. But as I understood (and pls correct me bc the whole thing is made on that assumption) is that Xu Pings mom was the prior empress, making him kind of favored to be the next king. I wonder if her being directly pushed down (shit about her eyes being an evil omen, etc) is maybe to get the current Emp onto the throne. BUT I am reaching far here!
If that would be  the case tho, I would be a little less mad about Xu Ping lol but it seems like he was never really considering being the Emp, neither did he ever think his brother did anything to 'steal' the throne for him. So I am probably really just making shit up lol 

Actually, the translation for the position of Xu Ping's mother was incorrect. Her position is Wen taifei, which could be loosely translated to Dowager Concubine Wen. Basically, she was a former wife of the previous Emperor, but not his main one (aka not the former Empress). If she were the main one, or the mother of the current Emperor, she'd be titled as the Empress Dowager.

If you've watched Legend of Yunxi, Xu Ping's mother has the same position as Long Feiye's (the ML) current mother, who is also the concubine of the previous emperor.

But anyway, your theory sounds so much more interesting than what is currently shown in the drama lol. It would make Xu Ping's revenge somewhat more justified imo - like even if he didn't want to be the emperor, to have his mother used and disrespected like that is a better motive for revenge. Like...it could lead him to plot to rebel against his brother and steal the throne as revenge...rather than just bombing temples and killing ppl for weak reasons.

rosana777:

I'm pretty sure the temple that was bombed was the one Xu Jin was forced to stay at and where Xu Ping's mother was kept. So with the solar eclipse and the bombings, people were saying it was an evil omen and whatnot. In episode 14, Xu Ping talks with his brother the Emperor about it and says there might be an injustice in the city where the mountain and temple collapsed, an injustice that took place in the past. He even explicitly says "Hong Fu Temple also collapsed" as a way to get his brother to come clean....which he doesn't.

In episode 16 or 17, he also says he can't believe neither the Emperor or Xu Jin didn't remember (about his mother's death). 

Now, this is just me trying to understand his thought process. But I just find it a) way too extreme and b) way too illogical, but oh well, that's Xu Ping for you xD

Thank for explaining but it is still very far fetched way to know the truth . He could have asked directly instead of blowing people .

rosana777:
Wen taifei, which could be loosely translated to Dowager Concubine Wen

SH*T! I need to update my Character Chart. THX iQiYI subs... I should rely on it and just look up the Chinese (there are hard subs after all) Thank you for the correction!

I was getting ahead of myself, wishing for a ganter scheme to justify 2MLs weird revenge plot XD

@LetMeAnonymous He does not seem like the guy to just straight up ask questions and the Emperor does not seem like the guy that would just tell the truth XD (losing face n all)

I agree but blowing people just to instigate something????
I mean now he decide that he no longer will wait for answer he will act , I don't what more he gonna do ....may be cut emperor from his own sword??

To be very honest... I'm not fond of Xu Ping's character :( I really loved the actor in his previous drama with Esther Yu but I don't like his character in this drama. Maybe I'm just biased because I want Xu Jin and Fu Rong to end up together happily of course! There's also the fact that Xu Ping was most likely the one who killed Fur Rong's master but getes angrgy that Xu Jin has taken her away (I mean what was Xu Jin supposed to do? Let the love of his life die????) But one thing's for sure, there is no second lead syndrome here!!! Xu Jin actually treats Fu Rong well from the start and I llike how their relationship progresses in this drama more than in Legend of Yunxi! 

Now that I think about it, the attraction seemed to be instant in Legend of Yunxi but it was pulled off quite well and gave viewers fluttering hearts because Ju Jingyi and Zhang Zhehan's chemistry is no joke. But I can say that in this drama, the build-up of their relationship plus JJY and ZZH's undeniable sizzling chemistry, it's SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

Wow, I love the idea of the family tree, it is very complex and everyone is related in some way or the other. Personally, i have a bias towards Fu Rong and Xu Jin , their chemistry is beyond this world (except for kissing scenes - needs some work altogether). I suspect that Xu Jin and Fu Rong wants to define their fate because of their dreams not knowing that they are actually been drawing closer to each other. They will have to overcome some major obstacles for their love. 

Nikirika:
Wow, I love the idea of the family tree, it is very complex and everyone is related in some way or the other

I am having a lot of fun finding out the connections but I am also lucky that current episodes present less new key person. It has been exhausting to add all the new ppl in the first 2 weeks hahaha