According to doctrine, suicide is considered a sin.The crime may have been replaced by Joon Mo. The consideration may also be directed at his wife Yoo Eui-jung (played by Im Semi).Jung Ki-chul's suicide is a curse aimed especially at Yoo Eui-jung.He is a man who has liked her since childhood.He's a man who tried to get out of the dark for himself.The guilt of driving such a man to death can last a lifetime.Park Jun-mo shot because he wanted to free Yoo Eui-jung at least by taking responsibility for Jung Ki-chul's death alone.

Ahh, thank you. I had a similar thought process. 

I agree totally , I also thought Gicheul tried to kill himself because he knew how affected she would be and that once Joonmo saw that there would be no reconciliation their marriage , wether he managed to commit suicide of Joonmo killed him he end up cursing them for life

Thank you for explaining! I thought the ending was utterly heartbreaking, but fitting -- how does anyone come back from all that had happened? But this was one key detail I wasn't sure I fully understood. But now that you've articulated it, it makes sense given how religion was shown to be an important part of Gicheul and Euijung's upbringing. Joonmo had been losing himself bit by bit, and this was his one final sacrifice/terrible thing he had to do. At the same time, couldn't he have just shot him somewhere less deadly? Was he trying to spare him jail? 

Do you think their separation/divorce was his choice or her choice? Or mutual?

I think their divorce was a mutual decision. Maybe not at first, but as time went on, they both realized that they no longer really had a marriage to fight for. They realized that they grew into different people, and that it wasn’t possible for them to heal and continue to grow together. 

But still it can’t change the fact that kichul died because of them. The guilt will still be there with them. 

At first I didn’t understand why he killed him and didn’t just shoot him in the arm or leg. But now it seems to me that he still wanted to save him from a great sin (suicide). And their marriage was already predetermined from the very beginning, as soon as they started this game. It seems to me that she still had some feelings for Ki Chul.

Veroni4ka91:

At first I didn’t understand why he killed him and didn’t just shoot him in the arm or leg. But now it seems to me that he still wanted to save him from a great sin (suicide). And their marriage was already predetermined from the very beginning, as soon as they started this game. It seems to me that she still had some feelings for Ki Chul.

Did she have feelings for him? Both in the past and the present, whenever Ki Chul kissed her, she made a fist as if it was happening against her wishes. I wanted to know how she actually felt about him.

Neha Kiran:

Did she have feelings for him? Both in the past and the present, whenever Ki Chul kissed her, she made a fist as if it was happening against her wishes. I wanted to know how she actually felt about him.

Perhaps it was not love, but pleasant memories of her childhood. And of course she wanted him to become a good person and stop doing bad things.  She cared for him. 

minimini:

But still it can’t change the fact that kichul died because of them. The guilt will still be there with them. 

Yes it's true. This is why they divorced in the end. It must have been difficult for them to be around each other after everything that happened.

Veroni4ka91:

Perhaps it was not love, but pleasant memories of her childhood. And of course she wanted him to become a good person and stop doing bad things.  She cared for him. 

I think she just cared about him as a childhood friend and wanted him to live a normal life and not be a criminal anymore. It was obvious throughout the whole show that EunJong did everything in order to protect her husband. That's how I felt.