themarchioness:

I can't remember how it was explained exactly, and my recollection is that it was done in a voiceover and I didn't pay too much attention to what was being said versus what I was seeing because police/legal words aren't part of my every day vocab (which is a good thing, right?  Haha!).  But even just from watching it's clear he was being led away for what he and the mom did in the past because first, mom turns herself in and then you see the director being led away by policemen in the hospital, and then we see two nurses gossiping about how it's being said the director committed a serious offense and XQ overhearing that conversation.  

Thanks! I’ll figure out the legal stuff if it properly subbed. One of my backgrounds. 

Enigma05:

Thanks! I’ll figure out the legal stuff if it properly subbed. One of my backgrounds. 

I meant my Mandarin vocab 😅 but yes, hopefully it will be properly subbed! 

Enigma05:

Forgot to ask one thing....director was arrested but for what? Did they ever say? 

He was FWY's accomplice in not allowing SY's medical checkup results to pass, and I think he also had a hand in blocking a repeat medical checkup for SY.

You are absolutely amazing, thank you for your wonderful  efforts!!❤️❤️❤️

Can anyone help me feel better about something in the drama? From what I remember, Song yan was going to take the job transfer to ease Xu qins stress about him being front line and risky work. Yet he ended up deciding to stay at the fire station, and she didn't seem to care much about why he chose that. It was never explained properly why song yan decided to stay at the expense of xu qins wishes. This bothers me because he seems like the character that would do anything for her and to make her happy. So why would he chose to not take the transfer if that would ease xu qins tensions? It also seemed like his boss initially told him the transfer is good because he should think of his future and kids so why did he suddenly think staying at the fire station is fine. I know the station was getting an upgrade but it doesn't seem like he would be in any less danger like xu qin wanted? 

AOJ:

Can anyone help me feel better about something in the drama? From what I remember, Song yan was going to take the job transfer to ease Xu qins stress about him being front line and risky work. Yet he ended up deciding to stay at the fire station, and she didn't seem to care much about why he chose that. It was never explained properly why song yan decided to stay at the expense of xu qins wishes. This bothers me because he seems like the character that would do anything for her and to make her happy. So why would he chose to not take the transfer if that would ease xu qins tensions? It also seemed like his boss initially told him the transfer is good because he should think of his future and kids so why did he suddenly think staying at the fire station is fine. I know the station was getting an upgrade but it doesn't seem like he would be in any less danger like xu qin wanted? 

If I remember correctly, it was after the accident that got his colleague so injured that he couldn't work as a firefighter anymore, is that correct?
IIRC he stayed to make sure the investigation would go as it should and necessary changes would be made to make the work of firefighters safer. Xu Qin did agree with that, saying something like it is who he is.

AOJ:

To be honest, I think his decision to stay was mostly a vehicle for the FL to dig at him and get to the truth of his past. Because when he decided to stay, what she was most upset about was the fact that he didn’t discuss the options with her before making that decision.he framed his actions as not wanting to burden her with the choice — he said he knew she wouldn’t want him to stay, but she’d still choose the option that would allow him to stay knowing that was what he wanted.  It was that same line of logic that prevented him from sharing his past with her — he wanted to protect/save her from the truth (of what her mom had done in the past). But for the FL, it was her feeling that if they were to truly be a couple then they should be open and share everything with each other because otherwise it felt like he was hiding parts of himself from her. Obviously later, once she found out the truth, she understood why he’d made that initial decision.  But still, it was good for her to know. 

But that’s why his decision to stay at the fire station ultimately became a quarrel about why he wouldn’t tell her what happened in the years they were apart. 

The other stuff that @sheriziya mentioned happened earlier in the story. It’s true, at that time, there was a concern that he would jeopardize his chance at a promotion by speaking up about the truth of that big fire. And the FL did give him  permission to do so because she knew he was the type of person who needed to do what was right. But obviously he made it through that incident fine because he was still offered a promotion - just two different options and he chose the one that would have him staying at the fire station. 

(As an aside, in the book, he also makes plans to move into more of a desk job but he explains that he wants to climb the ranks appropriately by taking it one step at a time and ends with a 3-year plan. But the book doesn’t need to use his job promotion as a vehicle for the FL to learn the truth of the past as she learns of it in a different way.) 

Thanks for the replies guys! I think that makes sense. I personally looking back also feel it was mainly for the plot line to hear what happened in the past. I think for some reason it was just bothering me that he would give up on a job transfer when he knew it was what she wanted. Im a hopeless romantic so huge gestures like that would make me feel at ease knowing he would do anything for her. But i guess the drama just failed to explain that part correctly. At the end of the day he did choose to stay because the company was undergoing changes, so my guess is he felt in the end it would still be best or better for them as a couple too, regarding improvements and less risky front line work? Or at least thats what I can tell myself to feel better about their relationship haha.

Thanks for the replies guys! I think that makes sense. I personally looking back also feel it was mainly for the plot line to hear what happened in the past. I think for some reason it was just bothering me that he would give up on a job transfer when he knew it was what she wanted. Im a hopeless romantic so huge gestures like that would make me feel at ease knowing he would do anything for her. But i guess the drama just failed to explain that part correctly. At the end of the day he did choose to stay because the company was undergoing changes, so my guess is he felt in the end it would still be best or better for them as a couple too, regarding improvements and less risky front line work? Or at least thats what I can tell myself to feel better about their relationship haha.