Forget Me Not (2015) poster

ElaEnchanted
Nov 17, 2016
First, if you are expecting a happy ending, then this movie is not for you.

This movie is on a different level. We are so much used to movies or dramas where the MC suffers from memory lost or amnesia, but this one is the other way around. The people around Azusa forgets about her in a couple or hours or just the next day. But Takashi was different, he was able to remember her, until...
(Well I will just let you watch to find out what really happened)

Like I said, it was very different, I don't know if I have encountered or watched a live action drama or movie like this yet. If I may compare it for similar situations, I can say it's from Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. But in Boku Dake, people only forgot about him as a result or consequences for his attempt to change his past. But here, people just forgets her after a day of meeting her, even her family.
I think it is really hard to be in that situation. It is a different story if you're the one who forgets, but how about if you are the one being forgotten? Even your own parents? And even if you try to live on your own and be independent and find a job, how? People might just even forget hiring you.

I still have a lot of questions in my mind right now, asking myself how will I able to surpass that? The last scene gave me a lot of emotions, I can't explain which of this emotions I should really feel. I was on tears, not much, but my heart is crying, for Takashi & Azusa. Like why? They were so sweet in the videos Takashi watched in his laptop. I want to say a lot of that scene, but it would have been spoiler.

The actors did well in their portrayal of the characters, abd the plot is somewhat different, or at least the situation for the lead characters to me, but the flow of the story was just simple and light. It is watchable, at least good enough if you're not the type to always go for happy-ending.

KenWong
Nov 19, 2016
It sounds like that some sort of fantasy element is involved but it is absolutely not. The movie does not give an explanation at all, other than to compare it to people forgetting their classmates a long time ago. This major point is not reached until one third of the movie. Nothing special happens until we reach two thirds of the movie. I like the climax since it makes full use of the being-forgotten characteristic. I don’t like movies that have no resolution at the end though. The whole thing seems contrived to serve a tear jerking moment, so I’m not impressed. A subplot involving the girl’s father is also incomplete.

Excellent film and it is incredibly good. Love the cast and the directing.

KuchikiAra
Jan 9, 2019
I would watch this movie again and again for the performance of the two main actors, who really delivered and made me cry more than I thought I would.
The story is meant to give us more questions (what would you do in Azuza's situation? How would it feel being forgotten?) than answers. Even if the plot of the "person being forgotten" has been used many times, I found it different here because the movie goes around the character's feelings rather than anything else. This is also what might keep you watching the movie more than once and thinking about it for days after it ends.

May 11, 2017
ISSHUUKAN FRIENDS CHEAP PRINT:
I thought it was Live Action anime, but it's not, it's just your more or less copy of one of my favorite anime's!
In the anime the story revolves around "Yuuki Hase, a boy who wants to become friends with his colleague Kaori Fujimiya who sits next to him at school. However, she softly declines his friendship by saying:" But, my ... My memories Of my friends disappear in a week ... "Even so, Yuki wants to become his friend.
Kaori is always alone, because all her happy memories, including the time spent with her friends, disappear every Monday, due to a trauma caused by a traffic accident ... "
In order not to become plagiarism, they changed the whole thing a bit. In the anime, the subject addressed talks about the essence of the feeling of loneliness, already in the movie I did not understand very well what the moral of the story.
Quesito cast, despite loving Hayami Akari did not do his role well, unlike Murakami Nijiro that devastated the performance.
I think the best part of the movie was the scene of the pendant, which causes something, on the other hand that endless end, could have done something better, maybe it was the end that killed the whole thing, or who knows the story as a whole Which was poorly copied, I say.

arashinta
I hate to say this, but I feel like I'm wasting my time watching this movie. I like the idea though, but I really dislike how it goes. I know that this movie was made based on the novel, but still I disappointed. Well, maybe it's just that my taste is not some kind of this film.
First, they don't explain WHY Azusa experience that condition. Second, the ending is just like whyyyy???? T^T
The lead male and female act great and the best thing about this movie is Murakami Nijiro's acting at the end of the movie.