Leh Ratree

• Drama: Leh Ratree
  • Country: Thailand
  • Aired On: Wednesday, Thursday
  • Network: GMM One
  • Duration: 1 hr. 30 min.
  • Genres: Romance, Drama
  • Tags: Cohabitation
  • Rating: Not Yet Rated

• Members: 1,483
Dramaaddict07
Nov 10, 2015
This is my first review but I have to recommend this lakorn because it's perfect!!

Story: The script is done perfectly that will definitely make you fall in love with the leads and no room for Second Lead Syndrome. The story typical in the sense of having an innocent main female lead. However, the male lead unlike other shows with rich spoilt characters is a kind and understanding man. Furthermore, there is no angsty plot or evil second leads which made the drama a whole lot more enjoyable.

Acting/Cast: The cast was amazing and Sean and Esther have great chemistry during the show. They managed to show their love without much words and will make you fall hard for this love line. Similarly for the second leads, the actors were amazing. All the casts managed to make you fall hard for them or hate them like crazy which is great!

Music: One flaw of this lakorn is that they used the same music for almost every scene which by the end of the drama, your head will be repeated that particular segment of the song.

Rewatch Value: I think there is definitely rewatch value in this! After watching Korean, Chinese and Taiwan dramas, Leh Ratree made me fall hard for Thai lakorns and after I finished i can't stop replaying the scenes. And I'm sure to rewatch it again soon ;)

Overall: Leh Ratree is a really really sweet and cute drama. Do watch this if you are looking for a fun and light lakorn! I'm sure it will not disappoint :)

herah
May 6, 2017
I am always a fan of arranged marriage dramas and I must say that this is one of the best that I have watched. If I fell in love with the main heroine well it is no question that the hero was in love as well. I loved how the pacing of the story is perfect for the main couple. I have a second couple syndrome as well because the chemistry between the second couple was just too cute to ignore. The villain was great she made me cry with her acting.I have watched it many times and will continue to watch it as I please. :)
USDramalover
Apr 26, 2017
I just watched the last episode of Leh Ratree this Monday and it was a fun ride. I haven't seen the original so, I can't really comment on the differences between the two but I plan I watching it to see how they compare in the future.

The story seems a very typical lakorn theme of father ends up in some trouble and has to "sell" his daughter to a rich family. Kate, our heroine, runs into issues when her loving stepfather robs a ton of money due this gambling addiction from his job. Needless to say he's either going to prison or his daughter can be the the "baby carrier" for the rich and powerful family he stole from.At the time, our hero, Sake, is married but his wife lied about being have to children and apparently she's some sort of gold digger although, even though she behaved very badly, it seemed like she really did love him. Needless to say she's kicked aside, Kate is moved in, and suddenly options for impregnating Kate are being discussed.

Along the journey a lot happens and of course, like most lakorns things get more and more ridiculous but as I heard someone say before, you just have to go along for the ride when watching a lakorn and allow the drama to take you on a weird and wild journey.

There are a lot of things that happen that aren't necessary to the story like the fact Kate's father develops cancer and is miraculously cured with one surgery and a round of chemo.

But I digress.... I thought the drama was fun.

There's some very cute romantic moments between Kate and Sake and they seem to play off each other nicely. The only thing that ever so slightly annoyed me about the drama was the fact a lot of time was spent developing the relationship between Poo and Pa, two secondary characters in the story. I actually felt like they had more time on the screen than Sake and Kate. Sake and Kate's relationship seemed to be rushed and on the back burner. Their scenes together were very, very short. Where as they'd spend a ton of time on Poo and Pa.

Lah Ratree isn't without issues but it's a fun drama with action, romance, and suspense. It's worth a watch!

PianoPlayer1
Dec 6, 2017
This lakorn really knocked my socks off. I usually can't stand the super-dramatic, soap opera-like lakorns, but this one was just fantastic the whole way through.
The story gets a 7.5 from me not because it was bad, but because it was a little difficult for me personally to swallow. I mean, carrying a baby for a guy you don't even know? And expecting nothing to happen, no emotional strife, no attachment to the baby? Hard to believe for me. I also have a difficult time with R/willing scenes, being a Westerner. That being said, the writing was some of the best I've seen. The characters were thoroughly human, with complex emotions and human faults. The nang rai is a little crazy, but not in an out-of-the-blue way. Overall, the story-telling was extremely vivid and while it did have some lakorn cliches, it pulled them off without seeming cheesy.
Acting- 9.5 because I didn't like Kate's mother. Too over-dramatic and unrealistic for me. But SEAN AND ESTHER!!! Their chemistry is fantastic throughout the entire lakorn. Sean really humanizes his hi-so character, and Esther plays the innocent without being annoying. And let's be honest, Jespipat is downright HAWT.
Music is great, especially the theme song. A little repetitive though, and that's the only song that really stands out.
Rewatch Value: This lakorn has just enough complexity (and sweetness) to make you want to watch it again. You watch it and find nuances in the plot and in the characters that you didn't notice before. And the story doesn't get old :)
All in all, a jewel of a lakorn that I highly recommend.

dramaqueen4life
Oct 25, 2017
If there could be a lakorn which could come close to perfection then this would be it!

Actin: Being my first Sean and Esther drama I had no expectations from either of them and frankly I was surprised. Sean is amazing as Sake. I am in love wit his character because he is so charming even when such a devil. He is a perfect blend of snarky, devious, possessive, protective and caring hero. I hated him with such fervour only to fall in love with his character halfway through. You hate him and love him in equal measure and by the end of the show his dastardly ways had given way to a gentle guy who loved our heroine with such deep passion. Coming to Kate, she isn't the smartest or the strongest of the bunch. But Esther is nonetheless a delight to watch. She is a typical heroine so nothing new there but Esther did her justice.

Romance: Spellbinding and achingly slow but a good slow burn. The romance is like a back and forth witty repartee between our leads. It is filled with childish chases around the house to a childlike pigtail pulling in the show. I love the teasing that they continuously engage in and its lovely to watch.
 It's a fine line between being a rapist and teasing the heroine and Sean did his well. The romance does have those typical scenes of forces intimacy but given the cultural background, I'd say it is acceptable to a certain extent. The understanding and the care grows out of nights spent baking together rather than lust-addled brains of our hero or the sacrificial lamb-like innocence of our heroine. It is a relationship born out of force but stays due to mutual love, care and understanding.
Even the second lead romantic arc was cute to watch.

Drama: The show had absolute no drama in the in-laws department. The ladies in this drama were so refreshing to watch. The sister-in-law and mother-in-law were not your stereotypes of bitchy women but logical and smart and kind-hearted. Esther herself is a delight to watch in some scenes as this girl has some spunk despite crying throughout the show all the time. I loved the fiancee and hated the ex-wife with a vengeance. There is no girlfriend beating the heroine up here. Apart from Kate's family, most characters were bearable and quite nice in drama which is saying something because Lakorns have the worst kind of villains all the time.
First of all let me state right out that I am not a fan of Esther's crying and this drama had tons and tons of falling down, clumsily falling down, fainting, did I say falling? All the time. Oh Lordy I hated all of that but then this is a Lakorn and therefore to be expected. Her voice is kinda screechy like most drama heroines so she gets a pass there. I cut a 0.5 in my rating precisely because of her screaming and falling down acts. Unnecessary and stupid.
I recommend this to anyone who likes a good romance with a dash of teasing and melodrama mixed in.