• Join Date: November 8, 2015

Dramaaddict07

Dramaaddict07

Kiss Me
Jan 9, 2016
I have watched all the versions of Itazura na Kiss and I can confidently say that this is my favourite version!

Unlike all the other versions (Chinese, Taiwan, Korean and Japanese), which all follow the storyline almost exactly the same, the Thai version managed to add a twist in the show without changing the original story of a smart, aloof genius guy and a cute, kind and a little dumb girl. However, this version adds more depth to the story and in my opinion more explanation which the rest did not offer.

Kiss Me showed more emotions towards TenTen and not just blindly following Taliw's courting story. It showed the process of how TenTen ACTUALLY fell for her and the reason why he keeps on pushing her away which i think was a great change to the story. Furthermore, the entire flow of Kiss Me felt right and the pace was just nice. Not to mention how much chemistry our main leads have already seen in Full House Thai.

I think the two main factors why I thought this version won the others HANDS DOWN was because it answered ALL my questions for TenTen and also showed a more caring and sensitive side of him. Additionally, Taliw is also more understanding and also thinks more before she acts making her more likable and interesting. Another factor is definitely King. HE IS SUCH A CUTIE IN THIS SHOW. I usually don't like his role in the other versions as I always found him quite loud and usually does everything without much thought. However, King is such a charmer by his every move and how he is always so thoughtful and sweet towards Taliw. (To be honest, I think I have a little second lead syndrome because of him now....)

To add on to the awesomeness, ALL the characters did such a great job in their roles and every love line managed to tug a little at my heartstrings with their chemistry and how no one is really bad or hated in the show.

In conclusion, I will strongly recommend this drama to everyone. Its like the producer did everything that made Itzunara Na Kiss a success and omitted everything hateful about it. The difference made was definitely significant as the characters, especially TenTen, felt more complete and bearable in Kiss Me.

Leh Ratree
Nov 10, 2015
This is my first review but I have to recommend this lakorn because it's perfect!!

Story: The script is done perfectly that will definitely make you fall in love with the leads and no room for Second Lead Syndrome. The story typical in the sense of having an innocent main female lead. However, the male lead unlike other shows with rich spoilt characters is a kind and understanding man. Furthermore, there is no angsty plot or evil second leads which made the drama a whole lot more enjoyable.

Acting/Cast: The cast was amazing and Sean and Esther have great chemistry during the show. They managed to show their love without much words and will make you fall hard for this love line. Similarly for the second leads, the actors were amazing. All the casts managed to make you fall hard for them or hate them like crazy which is great!

Music: One flaw of this lakorn is that they used the same music for almost every scene which by the end of the drama, your head will be repeated that particular segment of the song.

Rewatch Value: I think there is definitely rewatch value in this! After watching Korean, Chinese and Taiwan dramas, Leh Ratree made me fall hard for Thai lakorns and after I finished i can't stop replaying the scenes. And I'm sure to rewatch it again soon ;)

Overall: Leh Ratree is a really really sweet and cute drama. Do watch this if you are looking for a fun and light lakorn! I'm sure it will not disappoint :)

Descendants of the Sun
May 4, 2016
This is amazing.

It isn't a really unique story that no one could ever think of. But the entire flow of the drama was perfect. Instead of the entire skeleton of the story, it was the little details that made this a success. The script was just great. The scrabbles and conversation with all the different characters was done so well, it really brought out the personality of each character in DOTS. I love how each character have a story behind them, and how they show the developments in the characters. Furthermore the relationship developments were also done incredibly well. Not just the leads but also the bromance between the guys and also the friendship with the girls, and all were all done so well, you just can't help but fall in love with each and everyone of them. So all in all, the writers were INTRICATE. Its not something out of the world, but the story will really tug your heartstrings with the little minor details that help bring this story to life.

Another factor that brought it to life were the actors. Song Joong Ki was fantastic. (And I'm not just referring about his looks) It was obvious he put lots of thought into his character throughout the entire show. There were countless of times I am awed by his facial expressions in the scenes. He portrayed YSJ so well I really can't think of another actor to play this role. He was able to perfectly bring out the manly, fearless side of YSJ, the boyish side and the thoughtful and meticulous side of him which was amazing. At one point you will swoon in his manliness and right after you will just giggle at the cute side of him which I think is what YSJ is about. Song Hye Kyo was amazing too. Her crying scenes were so well done that I really could put myself in her shoes and dilemmas and also, cry with her. She was able to portray the empathetic side of KMY, yet she is brave and witty unlike other drama leads. She was able to show us her goofy side and also her worries which I thought was also a huge feat.

The second couple was also unique in their own way. Jin Goo really managed the 'rigid' soldier image really well, yet also show his feelings with his eyes and slight body movements that you can't help but feel for him. Kim Ji Won was great with her emotional scenes while MyungJu was like a little porcupine, you could see that little sweet girl in her.

Nothing to complain about the music as well. It's just incredible.

So to sum it up, SJK's looks might be why everyone first knew about the show, but DOTS have so much more to offer. The script, the relationships and the acting were all done so superbly well that its just a show everyone should watch. Not only focusing on the love lines, but this drama also shows how serious the characters are at their jobs, their determination and also their principles which I think sets this drama different from others. AND LASTLY, THE SCENES ARE ALL SO BEAUTIFUL, THANKYOU CREW FOR SHOWING ME 16 HOURS OF BEAUTIFUL STUFF.

HEHEH. And thanks for taking your time to read this :)

My Mr. Mermaid
Dec 15, 2017
This show is amazing!! I have been wondering what show to watch recently and this popped up!

In terms of storyline, I read the novel before this drama came out and was drawn to the extremely cute plot. There are few changes here and there compared to the book but these changes only made it better and the show is as good as the book, or even better. No extreme ups and downs, no dramatic plot twists that make you truly hate any character in the show. The story is just marshmallow happiness that touches your soul and before you know it, you will be squealing and laughing along with the characters. It is truly a touching, happy show that shows how different points of view cause misunderstandings.

Acting is great too! I remember watching the female lead in various shows like Tornado Girl but the rest do not have much acting history and that honestly made me a little fearful to begin the show (In case it ruins the novel). But I was wrong!! They played their roles well and the chemistry was AMAZING <3! Regardless a sad, funny, or emotional scene, all the actors carried it well! And special mention to Yi Bai's parents for bringing so much joy :D!

Music was good too. I didn't really notice it at the beginning. But soon I found myself singing along when it played during the show HAHAHA. A truly fitting song for the drama!!

Lastly, for rewatch value, I believe it is a show that brings lots of joy in life. And definitely a show I will watch again to relive the fun times!

So to end it off, IF ANYONE IS CONSIDERING WHETHER THEY SHOULD WATCH, GO AHEAD!! Do not be turned off by the 30+ eps count. It will be over soon and make you crave for it to be even longer :(

Pretty Li Hui Zhen
Jun 26, 2017
This version is so much better than the original one. I dont know if its just me, but although the korean version had a great story line and famous actors, I found the entire show very exaggerated. With over the top hatred from the male lead, very very annoying female lead, but a total heartbreaker second lead. On contrary, this version felt a lot more heartwarming and maybe due to longer screen time, there is more space for the story development.

Compared to the original, Bai Hao Yu showed more feelings. The way he treats Li Hui Zhen was alot more sincere and although he was really mean, I liked how he also showed how conflicted he was between both ladies and that he had a soft side as well. (Like how he would always feel bad and try to make up to his mistakes) And most importantly, the hate was not directed due to her name.

Dilraba never fails to impress. She did amazing in portraying Li Hui Zhen. I always felt that the korean version was very annoying and loud. But LHZ was not. She is very realistic. All the rejections over the years and her changing looks made her lose any confidence she had in herself. She whines and complains but always pushed harder. She is true to herself but decides to change when she realises the need to improve.

Our second leads are the sweetest. The amount of tears Xia Qiao made me shed... The perfect best friend despite the struggles she went through. And Zhang Bin Bin!! How does he manage to be so sweet in every show? The mood maker of the show and everyone's dream guardian angel. Ah... The best second leads...

Everyone should give it a try as they remade the drama wonderfully. They shone a new light to it. It was made closer to the heart, more subtle and more sentimental. It is a very cute and light show. Though not an impactful show, it is a show to be rewatched when some sugar is needed in life. Cause it is like a fairytale: No evil characters. No hatred. Just sweetness, sympathy and a happily ever after. :)

You're My Destiny
Jan 5, 2018
The Thais did it AGAIN. Thai remakes always perfect their plots (Except for Princess Hours). It is like they have a whole bunch of people that sit together to watch the different versions and highlight everything that needs to be changed.

This version has the best storyline. It was logical, with no frills and little dumb moments. The 17 episodes did not feel lengthy at all even though I watched both the Taiwan and Korean versions before! The producers took all the highlights of the previous versions and made it even better by finding the perfect balance between both. Also, they added some background story highlight is 'destiny' part which I felt was a good point. The characters were also sweeter here! Pawut was portrayed softer than the other versions and much less a jerk. HE KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS AND DOES NOT FEAR SHOWING IT.  Wanida was also portrayed better/more likable in this version. She is clumsy and soft, yet not dumb nor naive.

Acting wise, I think the Taiwan version stands out but the thais are close. You could feel the chemistry oozing out of your computer screen when watching the drama. Pawut and Wanida showed their love in every small moment with the looks on their faces! They did well with the emotional scenes as well, which made me cry buckets. The rest of the characters also portrayed their roles really well. The second leads were so caring and sweet which made them a dear to watch.

I was too into the show to pay much attention to the music. But I liked the opening and end! Those within the drama was good, not distracting and fits the mood.

I WILL DEFINITELY REWATCH THIS. I think this plot is cute and will sweeten anyone's day. It has the perfect recipe with just the right amount of twists and sweetness that makes you hooked to know whats coming next! (And even if you watched the other versions, you will still be excited to know whats going to happen!)
Strongly recommend everyone to give this show a try! I honestly like it the most of all the versions. It is like the Taiwan and Korean version had a perfect little baby.

Taste of Love
Feb 6, 2016
Being one of the taiwan dramas everyone is so hyped about, I must say that it is not very amazing. However, I do think it is worth watching.

The story of looking for a secret recipe was rather intriguing. It is one of those stories a rich and rather spoilt male lead and a easy going, kindhearted female who loves to eat, leading to him finding his 'heart' back. However, things started to get a little draggy towards the end as it just circles around Qiao Ling and her schemes. BUT. I must say Wen Feng is quite an adorable character, the way he gets jealous and childish around Xiao He. Jun Hao is also the typical caring and gentle guy that does his best to get his love. I do admire that about his character on persisting on what he wants, yet have his principles to hold, being kindhearted yet sometimes rather weak.

I think one flaw of this show will be the casting. Vivian did quite a good job on her role, thinking she have already acted in two famous movies and that all her characters are similar one way or another (Kindhearted, a little silly, always willing to lend a helping hand). However, Bryant, although Wen Feng was portrayed relatively okay, sometimes he have some problems in pronouncing his words when he tried to speak loudly or get agitated. Well, Qiao Ling was done well enough for me to dislike her. I think the biggest flaw will be Jun Hao as he is a new actor and have some problems in showing some of his emotions, making the character rather flat.

THE BIGGEST PLUS POINT TO THIS DRAMA WILL BE THE SOUNDTRACK. Is it just me or is the songs really amazing. I loved all the songs for this drama!

To sum it up, this show is still worth watching. But do not get your expectations too high :)

Love O2O
Sep 12, 2016
Never have I binge-watched a show so fast before Love O2O. And its been a long time since I found a show with literally every minute of fun.

The plot was extremely interesting and so filled with laughter, I couldn't even bring myself to miss any second of the show. The scenes are shot so beautifully, you will be amazed. Furthermore, I found the virtual world so fun that it makes me want to play it too! The scenes in the virtual world are beautiful too, well although man-made, it really looked like a scene from a game. Furthermore, having a school-based plot, it made the show so young and vibrant. Furthermore, I find myself sucked into the plot where you laugh and cry with the characters and seem to 'live' in the show as well. I also liked how the game characters are made more 'virtual' where they had bigger eyes and such that you will be able to tell the difference in looks between the online and offline dimension. I also really liked all the side characters like the dorm buddies! Especially the guy buddies, they brought the show so much fun with their very close friendship. And I think one very important point that made the drama SO GOOD is definitely all the quirky and memorable lines spoken in the show.

Acting wise, YangYang was BRILLIANT (I do not only mean his extreme good looks). He really brought Xiao Nai to life with his facial expressions. Regardless what emotions he was acting, he expressed it so well with also his body language, and it feels so natural that he literally IS Xiao Nai. Furthermore, looks wise, HE IS SO GOOD LOOKING that even in the last final episode, he still blew me away with his smiles. Next, Zheng Shuang kinda surprised me. Having watched several of her previous dramas, she definitely did not impress me with her acting. However, she have improved quite alot in this drama with her expressions and body language. (Although some of her scenes especially kissing ones still looked really stiff. And though some of her clothing made her look skinny, it didn't really affect me much, still pretty. The rest of the other buddies like ErXi and the guys also made the show really fun and both looks wise and acting wise are amazing and you can really feel the love for one another. :)

Next, I really liked the music! Both the start and end songs are sooooo good (the side songs are good too). And knowing that YangYang sang one of them brought more feels when its played in the show. It made the emotional scenes so teary and the sweet scenes so sweet you will realize yourself unconsciously smiling.

Lastly, I WILL DEFINITELY REWATCH THE SHOW. Having watched the two other Gu Man dramas and her books, she won me over hands down and got me anticipating this for more than a year. Her stories always tend to tug your heartstrings in so many different ways. I have not read this book yet to prevent spoilers so I cant determine how similar isit but i can guarantee you her quality. So hope this helped make your decision in watch this TRULY REALLY GREAT DRAMA.